Eat, fast and live longer BBC2..

laurenmay

Gold Member
I just watched this back on bbc iplayer after a few people on the boards mentioned it -- and it is so worth a watch for anyone whose following JUDDD or thinking of doing so.

The link is -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b01lxyzc

It's truly inspired me to quit WW and switch over to JUDDD, not just for the weight loss but for the amazing health benefits in the long run too!

Maybe :) its definitely converted me once and for all! I found JUDDD interesting before, but even more so now after watching this program!

I found the documentary really good and feel it may be worth seriously looking into. I'm currently on a vlcd but have to say the health and weight loss benefits of ADF seriously appeal x

I too was completely fascinated by the whole concept that fasting actually improves your health... Especially as I have seen some of the other horizon programmes Michael Moseley has produced regarding exercise and dieting in the past... he's never come out and said anything as positive about his findings as he did at the end of the episode.
I played with JUDDD a couple of years ago, but never really bought into the theory behind it and so it didn't really stick with me.

At the moment I'm VLCD'ing again, on day 3 and doing well. I'm considering switching to JUDDD using VLCD on my down days to ensure optimum nutrition.
But I think that I'm going to get 20lbs off before I switch! I'm fed up with being obese again and need to get back to 'overweight'!!

I thought the programme was absolutely brilliant and I'm enjoying reading all your JUDD info! Fascinating, just fascinating.

P x

I thought that show was fab. I would think that the people on vlcd (including me just now) would get the same benefits from the vlcd, but JUDD seems far more sustainable, with more even weight loss (which hopefully will prevent extra skin which I am dreading!). The programme has inspired me to alternate between my 1200 Diet Chef packs and my VLCD packs for now until they're done, and then move on to normal meals using JUDD principles. At the moment I'm struggling on the VLCD because of my stress levels (exam time), and when I fall off the wagon for a day I feel guilty, even if I've not eaten much extra. Judd would perhaps be better for my self-esteem as I can stop beating myself up!

I'm starting from today (as an up day). Let's see how this goes.

hannata said:
the physchological element of juddd is really wonderful and i've never had it on any other diet before =)

Compared to the mindset I've had on 5 months of CD JUDDDDing is a revelation!! I feel free again lol! X

Compared to the mindset I've had on 5 months of CD JUDDDDing is a revelation!! I feel free again lol! X

I'm 5 days into juddding ;0 early days I know.... but it is such a wonderful release from anxiety so far from me which I have always felt around food. I'm sure for me that LL heightened that anxiety around food for me. These last few months I have felt so disheartened around food that I have felt my only option was WLS. So far I feel liberated from the anxiety and despair I've felt recently :)

just to update anyone who is interested, the scientist on the programme Michael Mosely is still following a fasting plan of 5 on 2 off, so its good to see that he's maintaining this style of eating and it wasn't just done for the investigation for the programme. there's a thread on digital spy about the programme and quite a few posters on the thread have taken up either Juddding or the 5/2 fast and are getting positive results :)

is that 5 days fasting and two not??? Sorry bit slow in this corner loool x

is that 5 days fasting and two not??? Sorry bit slow in this corner loool x

lol its 5 days normal eating and 2 fasting, dont think anyone could cope on 2 on 5 off lol! not sure what cals he sticks to on his eating days tho hun i think id rather stick to juddding, the up and down is an easier pattern for me :)

how are you doing on your first day hun? xx

ahhhh phew looool thanks guys!!! Had one of my CD porridges and milk so bout 300 cals so only got about 100 left :(

STARVINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG x

ha you really have to try one!!

he had 2 meals/day, breakfast and dinner of 600 cals/day which is recommended for men

Back