Eating late at night...

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
:break_diet:
Although I'm pretty good at sticking to calorie counting my huuuuuuuugest downfall is binging at night, is anyone else the same??

And would anyone pretty please have any suggestions they would like to share about how to curb the late night snacking??

Hope you're all well fellow calorie counters :eek:

Unfortunately if I'm completely honest I often replace one bad habit with another, so I pop out to the garden for a cigarette.

Or distraction, when I'm hungry I challenge my fella to a Wii game, let my hamster out for a run round, go for a relaxing bath, tend to my fish tank, call my Mum or a friend... anything to take my mind off the fake hunger.

Snap!!! I was bad last night was bang on my 1200 for the day then I decided to have a daime bar and two flumps taking me to almost 1500. :(

Unfortunately if I'm completely honest I often replace one bad habit with another, so I pop out to the garden for a cigarette.

Or distraction, when I'm hungry I challenge my fella to a Wii game, let my hamster out for a run round, go for a relaxing bath, tend to my fish tank, call my Mum or a friend... anything to take my mind off the fake hunger.

Distraction sounds like a good idea :) I tend to use baths to stop me from eating at night!

Snap!!! I was bad last night was bang on my 1200 for the day then I decided to have a daime bar and two flumps taking me to almost 1500. :(

1500's still good! :) I wouldn't put yourself down for that!! Plus, a little of what you like does you good and I'm a big believer in the occassional binge, it always seems to get my metabolism going again! :D

I'm the same! Before I started calorie counting I got in to the habit of going to bed early and eating chic til I felt sick! Now I know that if I'm on my own then I'll eat so if I get the munchies I just sit with my family as I know they would say something!! :)

You sound so like me! I only ever binge if I'm by myself (and to the point where I feel very sick!) So I always make sure I'm around people! Best thing to do I reckon :)

Thankyou for all these tips and reassurance everyone! Greatly appreciated! :D

I get hungry on an evening too ... I get a hot bath, read a book, brush my teeth, come on here, have an options hot choc (40cal) or if I really need something I will have a bowl of cereal....or go to bed LOL x

I'm always hungry late at night and can't go to sleep on an empty stomach. I eat a couple of small cubes of flapjack and that gives me a fuller feeling.

Flapjack is full of calories isnt it :eek:

It's got lots of healthy oats in it. My mate lost about 4 stone eating flapjack in between meals instead of chocolate and crisps, etc.

I get hungry on an evening too ... I get a hot bath, read a book, brush my teeth, come on here, have an options hot choc (40cal) or if I really need something I will have a bowl of cereal....or go to bed LOL x

They're all brilliant ideas! :D Especially the go to bed one! lol I find myself sleeping so much more now-a-days just so I'm awake less to eat :p x

I'm always hungry late at night and can't go to sleep on an empty stomach. I eat a couple of small cubes of flapjack and that gives me a fuller feeling.

Ooo you're so lucky being able to eat flapjack and still lose weight, I haven't had a full piece of flapjack to myself for years! :p

Ooo you're so lucky being able to eat flapjack and still lose weight, I haven't had a full piece of flapjack to myself for years! :p

Thats what I was thinking.....flapjack is a no-no in my eyes LOL full of calorific sugar and syrup! there are loads of cals in a flapjack, some people do think they are healthy because of the oats but its kinda counteracted by all the sugar ;)

My gosh I'm going to write on here right now because I'm so tempted to go into the kitchen and have a late night binge...

Note to self: you will never be happy if you stay this weight... GO TO SLEEP... wake up knowing you're a stronger person!

Night night everyone :) x

Also woooooooooo Supersize vs. Superskinny is on E4+1, that always keeps me on track! :D

Back