Eating when Bored also Large Portions!!!

K8G

I need some advice on my eating habits. Any helpful tips would be most appreciated.

My life isn't that boring but I always seem to find time to think I'm bored, then fill this time with eating. I have a 16 week old baby and doing some shifts at work so am actually pretty busy. I go for a walk most days to avoid sitting in the house eating but I just end up hungry then grabbing convenience foods which aren't healthy.

Then I feel like I've had a busy day so make a huge evening meal as I feel like I need it (even though I don't).

The only solution I have is to start SW! :confused:

Hi,

it sounds to me as though your life is very full, but full of doing things for other people. Heck, I've had babies, I know how simple jobs can go on forever with them and I'm also wondering how rewarding your job is?

Is is possible, and I'm not you and know no more of you than reading this one post of yours, that you really need some more attention for yourself? Try having a think about what need you are trying to fill with food.

If you are really concerned about your weight it might help you to spend some time thinking about what the real reasons are for wanting to lose weight. Imagine yourself in ten years time. What will be the consequences for yourself if you carry on as you are? What will happen to your body? What will you be thinking?

Spend some time thinking about all the things you don't want about the excess weight now. Even write and/draw.

Then spend some time thinking about how losing weight will help you. Imagine the fit body wearing the clothes you like, all the benefits that come with carrying less weight as you see them.

Only when you are truly motivated can you move on. Take time to prepare meals that will do you good and treat yourself to what you deserve. And find ways to give yourself what it is you really need.

A final hint, when your baby starts eating solids, the place for the leftovers is in the bin, not mummy's mouth. I've been there, and carried the extra stones :)

Good luck

Hi Micci

Thanks for your post, you've obviously thought about what you wanted to say and I really appreciate it. You hit the nail on the head by saying that only when I'm truely motivated can I move on :sigh:

Plus the comment about the baby's solids - I'm doing a weaning course and am learning all about a healthy diet. There's been some great tips on making meals that can double as meals for adults and babies.

Thanks again Micci :)

You are very welcome. And if you can't get motivated for it right now, that's OK. When the time is right it will happen.

Do let us (well ... me particularly, it is me that's asking) know how it goes for you.

Micci

Well....I got weighed this morning and I hadn't lost :cry: At the same time I hadn't put on either. I'm not too disappointed considering I hadn't been trying this week. I've told my work colleagues that I'm starting properly on Monday so I'll have to stick to that now. Maybe if I can get my head in gear this week I'll be ready by Monday :confused:

Well....I got weighed this morning and I hadn't lost :cry: At the same time I hadn't put on either. I'm not too disappointed considering I hadn't been trying this week. I've told my work colleagues that I'm starting properly on Monday so I'll have to stick to that now. Maybe if I can get my head in gear this week I'll be ready by Monday :confused:

Well done! To have maintained when you are not doing it properly is really good. Especially when previously you've been piling on the pounds. You'll be ready by Monday. Of course you will.

May I give you another teeeeeeny bit of advice? Spend the time up until Monday practicing the healthy eating you want to be doing, just don't beat yourself up for slip ups. If you treat Monday as the big start day its very easy to pig out in anticipation of deprivation to come.

You are going to a group? Will it be on a Wednesday from now on?

Good luck

Last edited:
You are def speaking my language! It could have been me writing that post (except my baby's 7 lol) the only think thats working for me is just having the willpower to stick to my chosen diet atm because I really want to make this change.

Its not easy and I dnt know if I will do it this time but i hope so and so far so good, Im losing weight so thats very motivational! Plus this site has helped me a great deal. If Im having a really tough day I log in sometimes for hours and just talk things over its nice having so many people be interested and supportive its made all the difference I think :)

Well done! To have maintained when you are not doing it properly is really good. Especially when previously you've been piling on the pounds. You'll be ready by Monday. Of course you will.

May I give you another teeeeeeny bit of advice? Spend the time up until Monday practicing the healthy eating you want to be doing, just don't beat yourself up for slip ups. If you treat Monday as the big start day its very easy to pig out in anticipation of deprivation to come.

You are going to a group? Will it be on a Wednesday from now on?

Good luck

Thanks Micci

I started SW yesterday and have stuck to it so far;) It's a good diet and it works for me, I just need to plan my meals.

We have a weekly weigh-in at work and I make sure everyone in the office (about 12 people) know my weight so I can't cheat and it helps me hit my targets.

How are you doing? Are you finding your diet easy?

K8

You are def speaking my language! It could have been me writing that post (except my baby's 7 lol) the only think thats working for me is just having the willpower to stick to my chosen diet atm because I really want to make this change.

Its not easy and I dnt know if I will do it this time but i hope so and so far so good, Im losing weight so thats very motivational! Plus this site has helped me a great deal. If Im having a really tough day I log in sometimes for hours and just talk things over its nice having so many people be interested and supportive its made all the difference I think :)

Thanks bridesmaid, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one in my position. You are doing really well with your diet. I don't know much about that one. Is it easy to plan for?

Keep going :)

K8

Thanks Micci

I started SW yesterday and have stuck to it so far;) It's a good diet and it works for me, I just need to plan my meals.

We have a weekly weigh-in at work and I make sure everyone in the office (about 12 people) know my weight so I can't cheat and it helps me hit my targets.

How are you doing? Are you finding your diet easy?

K8

Oh, you do it at work? I've never seen that before. Doing it publicly can help, sounds like you've got some good tactics there.

Its going OK for me, if I don't lose the plot tonight - and I don't reckon on doing that - I expect to weigh myself tomorrow and see I've lost 4 lbs this month. Which is a relief as I've joined the March challenge with a goal of 7lbs and I thought for a while I wouldn't make it.

I've done SW on and off for around the last 7 years so its second nature now. And now the binging seems under control I do so plan for this to be the last time I ever have to lose weight like this.

There's just a group of us at work doing different diets and we do the WI part together. Quite a few of us are on SW so we share ideas and thoughts regularly.

4lbs is great micci, i'm sure you'll lose 7 by the end of the month.

Please let me know how you get on with the WI and if you have a weight loss diary on here that I can follow :)

Hello again,

i see you are 2lbs down now - that's great. I weigh myself most days and when I get a consistant loss I change it on my profile.

Here (fingers crossed) is a link to my food diary where I waffle on a bit

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/193660-miccis-vegan-diary.html

I don't know the proper way to do that link thing some people do where they write 'my blog/diary/whatever and you click on it and there you are

I'm going to be your newest food diary stalker now Micci :)

I don't know how to do the fancy things either. Will let you know if I ever find out though x

Got one of those ticker thingies though haven't you :p

Feel free to stalk :)

Thanx K8G :)

Yeah its really easy to plan for and stick too. Shake for breakfast and dinner and a 600cal dinner with 3 100cal snacks in between. I find variety is working for me, lots of protein and fish. My newest great find is the birdseye cod fillets in parsley/butter sauce are only 97cals so cud either have thats as a snack or have 2 for ur main meal with lots of pasta very filling yummy yummy! :)

Hey bridesmaid

Sounds like a good diet. I'm doing well on SW atm or I would've given it a go. Do you have a diary I can follow?

Looks like I've cracked it :D

SW was great but I didn't have time to sit and plan meals that me and DH could eat together. I just gave up trying to suit us both and did my own thing. Became really motivated about WW and found meals that I really enjoyed that were very easy to prepare. Now I'm looking into meals both me and DH can have. It's really working:bliss:

Ooooh, well done. It certainly does look like its working for you. I can't remember how much you had lost before - is that 16lbs all down to WW?

Back