Edel's diary - just don't ask!

Thanks Paula,

I was finding it really difficult to come around to the idea of Bernie not being there any more and it's just not easy. I think perhaps I'll be able to move on once her funeral is over tomorrow and we have a new leader at our class. Everything is up in the air at the minute because Bernie really was the lynchpin of our local WW group. She held approximately 15 meetings a week!

I went to a different class to get weighed this week because I feel that Bernie would want all of her members to stay on track and I've 2lbs off. I've been thinking of switching to the meeting I went to tonight because I don't know if I could face the Monday night meetings without Bernie there. It would just be too weird!

Anyway, I don't have to decide anything right now. I'll just wait and see how it goes. I have to say, I feel very sorry for the person who does take over from Bernie, she was irreplaceable and we will all feel her loss for quite some time yet.

Thanks Everyone for the messages. My WW leader was buried last Wednesday. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to her funeral as the big giant head of my work decided to travel down from Belfast to hold a 30 minute staff meeting that wasn't telling us anything that we didn't already know:sigh:.

I've had a medium kind of week. I've done very well Monday to Thursday food wise as I was in my normal routine but took Friday off to go shopping in Belfast (I live in Derry). I didn't eat half the usual amount of rubbish that I ususally do, we went out for lunch and I had the roast turkey dinner with champ which was gorgeous and the healthiest option on the menu. I didn't even have the usual bag of sweets to eat on the 90 minute drive home either! We bought loads of lovely clothes for my son ( I love children in bright colours) and I got my usual £5 disney store winnie the pooh mug and a lovely cardi from BHS with £5 off!

Despite being good all day Friday, I was hungry when we came home and gave in to Chinese. I usually have a fijiann chicken (breast only in veg & smokey chilli sauce) but gave in to my all time favourite this time (sweet & chilli chicken - deep fried!:eek: and onion rings!). Don't worry, I didn't eat it all myself, OH and I usually split one between the two of us, so I had less than half.

Yesterday, despite being really wet and miserable was another lunch out - this time I had a chicken burrito (it was meant to be an enchiliada - oven baked with fatty sauce and cheese but I asked for it without - hurray me!). BUT the flipping waitress gave me a full sugar coke instead of a diet one:mad: I did a few bits of christmas shopping and got myself an outfit to wear for my girlie night out on the 21st December and to wear on Christmas day - a lovely pair of brown flannel trousers and a gold jumper - both in size 20 with a little bit of expansion room for a stuffed tummy! AND 20% off both of them in Dunnes so I saved myself £8. (there's no way I'd spend £17 on a gold jumper, no matter how lovely it was).

I went to meet my OH and DS in my Brother and SiL's house yesterday and gave into temptation and had a few chocci biccis. Last nights dinner was LF oven chips and pizza (about 8 points in total) with one or two treat sized bars thrown in for good measure. I'm really going to have to get out of this chocolate habit. I only ate them cos I was bored. The good thing is, it was treat sized bars (tiny) compared to the full sized bars I use to eat ( 6 points total compared to 25+++ I would have eaten before).

It's ok though, Fresh start today again and WI tomorrow night (I can't go to the new class this week as I have my post op appointment on Tuesday night!). I must remember that my WI result this week is from 6 days and not the usual 7 as I got weighed on Tuesday last week.

You Sound Likw Youve Had A Fab Time,we All Do That At Times (i Do Alot Lol)
You Sound Like Youve Put A Line Under It And Sound Really Positive For A Good Week:):):)

Oh, I've been so cross since my WI on Tuesday night I could barely post on any forum never mind such a lovely one as this.......

Because, I went to WI on Tuesday night and the leader said 1.5lbs off well done that's your first stone.... I was like ?? No? That was last week. It turns out she read the scales/my results wrong and I only had 1/2lb off last week - so that blew my mini target in my head to be 15stone something by christmas. So, although I have got 2lbs off over the past 2 weeks, I'm still 1.5lbs up on what I thought I was... I was so annoyed/upset/angry and I couldn't get past it. Even my OH was totally shocked at how I was reacting. I even went so far as to buy sweets to have a bit of a binge.

It's ok, don't panic, I only ate a few and I'm now feeding them to the dog (liquorice allsorts - she'll do anything for 'em) I realised that feeding my face wasn't making me feel any better so I quit (love this reductil stuff!).

I was still really annoyed on Wednesday - so much so I had a scone at teatime and I wasn't really that hungry! However, I haven't blown my diet completely. In fact, I've saved some points on Wednesday and Thursday using tips and hints from Bob Green's best life diet (Oprah's weightloss guru). I've also decided to make a conscious effort to eat more vegetables, the past week or so has been full of, well not quite rubbish but food that's not as good for you as veggies, so I'm hoping to see a change this week. I have to say, it's made a difference to at least one side effect of the reductil. I'm doing so well at including veggies back into my diet that I'm setting myself an exercise goal for next week.:chores016: Yep, walking the dog at least evey other night!

Plans for next week include a christmas night out, 2 birthday parties for DS to go to and lots of shopping and cleaning - oh and I have to take up my trousers for christmas day too.

I almost forgot the most important thing too! I've started having to use another notch on my belt to keep my jeans up. :talk017: I

Well done mate.
Its probally hurt everyone as well goin to another leader,its still raw isnt it.
Your doin fab av a lovely weekendxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Paula,

I'm not having the greatest morning at the mo. Was rudely awoken by my OH who came in from a Christmas do at 2am and proceeded to chat to his online gaming friends via teamspeak. I was sound asleep. DS went to bed an hour early last night (he took himself up to bed at 7 pm) and I was worried I'd be too tired for him in the morning. Of course OH went straight to sleep and I lay fuming for about 45 minutes before I finally got off to sleep again.

This morning I seem to be really short tempered and I don't know why. I'm going to go and get dressed now and try and calm myself down a bit. Hopefully I'll get a bit of housework done too!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi honey,its soo annoyin isnt it ,and their so loud as well.
Mine usually trips over stuff which annoys me even more.
Hope you have a lovely weekend,and i love your dog with the hatxx

The dog's cute isn't he? Unfortunately he's not mine but an image I took off tinypic. My dog is a golden cocker spaniel. This is Sasha. She's 4 next july and just come out of her heat and driving me crazy stealing food and walking in circles round me.
89tnu2q.jpg

Today wasn't too bad I have to admit, except for the kiddies birthday parties where I ate some things I shouldn't have and now I'm feeling a bit ill. I hope it's my body finally learning to reject the rubbish.

Yep, I'm a picker too. But someone on another forum put me right off kiddies birthday party treats... she's a primary school headmistress (so knows little kids well) And reminded me of how often they wash their hands (almost never)... fingers up noses, scratching little behinds, ringworm etc.

I don't nibble at kiddies parties anymore.

Weigh in this week - Santa was good to me, but not quite good enough. I just missed out on my personal target to be 15 stone something by Christmas by a measley half a pound.

2.5lbs off this week for me (still dead chuffed cos I thought I wouldn't be anywhere near it at all!).

Thanks Paula,

At the minute, I'm panicking that my willpower is going up the river. My boss opened a tin of quality street in work yesteday and I ate 4 before I'd even thought about it twice. (5 points total !) I do want to strike a balance over the next 2 weeks that I have no WW class but I don't want to undo all the hard work I've already done. It was so difficult to get the first 10 lbs off, I don't ever want to have to go through that again!

What about you chick? How do you find the shifts? Have you any tempting goodies in for the holiday?

hi mate,yeah im doin ok with the shifts.Im finding bein tired dosnt help me with my willpower i need to sort that out,as ive struggled to follow this diet 100% for sooooooooooooooooo long i dont want to wreck it.
Today were all goin for luch at the chinese and i find that tough goin out as im never sure of points and get the mindset ive blown the day so (oh well).
Have a good day matex:)

I completely understand how you feel. I've been panicking all week about biccis and chocolates etc. and spoiling my weightloss so far. I had a major meltdown last night about it all. I'm feeling a lot better today I have to admit. I'm going out for a night out with friends tonight and I don't want to be a complete killjoy the entire time by worrying about points or money or whatever so I've decided that I'm not counting any points today but I am going to listen to what my body is telling me. Back on track (possibly with a hangover) tomorrow.

sore head? Hangover ? Huh!:rolleyes: Some bloomin night out. We went out for dinner (quite nice considering the time of year) and then on to a local bar. I had ONE drink and it was rotten. I only ever drink bacardi and diet coke - which is what I asked for. What I got was some bleughy cheap white rum that tasted like paint stripper. Since we'd paid £5 each to get into the bar I could hardly ask my friends to go somewhere else. AND - I was totally overdressed. I'd gone out dressed for a xmas night out with the girlies - black bustier, black trousers, high heeled boots and sparkly necklace and earrings thinking we'd go dancing. We ended up in a grunge bar with a band playing and were all totally overdressed.

It's just as well the company was good. I came back home early because I didn't want to (and can't afford to) start drinking alcopops and this is "black eye Friday" where all the office partys spill out onto the local bars (the 5th busyest night of the year) and fights etc erupt. I'd already seen one before 8 o'clock and just didn't feel safe or happy about my chances of getting a taxi home so I took a lift with a friend when I got it.

So, here I am, sitting wrapped up in my winnie the pooh dressing gown in front of the pc typing this when I should be in a club boogying with my friends. (who are still in the same bar),
:confused: HOW SAD AM I?:confused:

Oh, well, I'm really going to have to go out more often with my friends. I think I'm starting to get into a real comfort zone and hermit like at home.

oh bless ya ,dont you just hate it when that happens.
We look forward to these things and there poo.
Im sat in my pjs with a gin and tonic lolxx

Edel I can totally relate to how youre feeling. Ive by passed 2 nights out this year. One because basically I really couldnt be bothered, the 2nd was a combination of things but suffice to say I wasnt too bothered about it.

Your outfit sounds FABULOUS, bet you looked gorgeous.

What you up to on Tues? Apart from keeping away from the Quality Street ;)

The outfit was fab - totally 50's film star, I'd even spent £20 on getting my hair done (well £15 but tipped the girl who washed it as well as the girl who dryed it ) Which was another reason why it was such a disappointing night out. I have to admit though that seeing some 18 - 20 year old kid having a brawl with a doorman outside a bar at 8 o'clock really freaked me out and I wanted to come home from then. The guy had totally lost the plot - you could see from his face that all he saw was red if you know what I mean.

As for Tuesday, We're having our first dinner at home alone since the year we got married. I decided it was too stressful trying to keep everyone happy by running around after them And as much as I love my Mum, she feeds us constantly on Christmas day, starting with dinner (turkey, ham stuffing, roasties, 2 different types of peas, carrots, sprouts, mashed potatoes, brocolli & cauliflower cheese, gravy, etc. etc), dessert (a choice of at least 6), tea and biscuits, after 8s then we get about 30 minutes rest before she brings out sweets, crisps and nuts and about 2 hours later she starts making tea. I just couldn't face it this year. We're keeping it simple. Turkey and stuffing, plus potatoes and veggies (peas, carrots & brocolli as I can't eat sprouts), Dessert will be trifle.

I'll call over to Mum's for a while on Christmas day to see all the folks, but I don't plan on eating too much (but have to wait and see). We'll be home again on Christmas night and have a few drinks in front of the tv. I don't think I'll be counting points on Christmas day but I do plan to follow my nothing to eat after 8pm rule.

Having said that, I haven't followed my own rules tonight . I finally succumbed to the tin of Roses and had a few sweets out of it but chose a some of my favourites and ate them consciously instead of stuffing half of the tin into me - a major development in itself. I do plan to be back on points again tomorrow until Christmas eve. I'll probably weigh myself on Christmas eve too to keep an eye on how I'm doing. But I do plan to relax the rules just a little bit.

Back