Eff you, food. Shake it off!

Hello Both,
Glad you are better, Chloe. Full steam ahead!! Lol.

Minou - I stayed the same last week and was really downhearted. It's a bugger after all this sacrifice!! But I weighed the next day and had lost 2lb. When I thought about it, actually staying the same is not a gain and that's cool. Total loss this week is 5lb. So, even though I know how disappointed I felt last week (and I'm sure it's the same for everyone) it does equal out the following week, and definitely your period will affect it. Try again in a few days. Also measurements are a great way of showing what you've really lost. The gym also could affect your weight loss. Muscle weighs more than fat :D x

Chloe, congratulations for the couple of pounds loss. And, you know you are doing well on the diet when you are full of liquid! Horrid. I know what you mean about feeling sick of shakes. I am literally forcing down my last one each evening. And some days I just want FOOD, real food that I chew! Grrrr.

Anyway, hope you had a great Monday. xx

Hey guys, my shakes arrive today and I'm feeling positive, I'll weigh in morning though dreading it A's have head in the sand over last few months re my overeating
I always put weight on TOTM btw!

Hi girls, and newcomer BookLass, welcome :D

I weighed myself, only two days after the end of my period, and was only 1lb down. Which again, I always have to tell myself, "at least it's not a gain." But I'm considering weighing again in about 3 days to see if I go down any more. My eagerness can be dangerous! :sigh:

Congrats on all the losses, that's really great! Yay! :bliss: You're all doing so well!

I might be going out to eat today, we have some family visiting, but it's not definite. If so, today will be a wash because I already had cornflakes for breakfast and a roll for lunch. Eek. Like you said, sometimes you just need a break.

BookLass... Water is key, I find I always reach for a drink first now, before food. And keeping some kind of food diary has really helped me. What shakes did you order? I think they're really yummy so hopefully you will enjoy them. Good luck! :D

Have a great day!
There's a rainbow somewhere :rainbow:

Thanks for the water tip Minou, I definitely think it's that that will keep me on track. Missed my delivery yesterday so had fish and chips and a big bar of galaxy. Why?? Anyway, weighed this morning, 11st 2 which is nearly 3 stone heavier than a year ago...however, at my heaviest 5 years ago I was 19 stone so I'm going to stick with positives. Determined to eat nothing until delivery comes today, just have one meeting I have to go to - really hope I don't miss it again lol have a good day xx

For some reason Booklash I cant see your most recent comment. But yes I agree water is esential. At first I suffered with horrendous headaches so Id stock up on bottles of water to keep yourself hydrated and paracetamol! Hope you're doing well so far.

I had a great day on Monday, then a terrible one yesturday *thumbs down* I just cant seem to get back in the zone! But I will! Today is a new day so Im going to weigh, then have a shake *thumbs up*

Minou enjoy your meal. Just try to not go over board like with deserts and stuff. Thats where I go wrong!

Xx

Welcome BookLass and good luck with your start today! Hope it goes well. I also advocate water, water and more water. However, I rarely take my own advice! Find it very hard, but when I do get at least 2.5ltrs plus down me then my weight loss is always better. x

Chloe, I'm the same one step forward two back. Yesterday it was midget gems and mini new potatoes, today Pad Thai. It is as if I'm making things harder than they need be. All I want is to get into the 12's...well that's all I want today! Tomorrow I'll want more!! :) but by this cheating I'm making sure I don't get there. Very weird this self sabotage. Hope it's a 'good day' today x

Minou I am the same with the eagerness of weighing. It's a difficult balance. I drive myself mad with what I feel I 'should' have lost. The two rarely match, I am so hard on myself and we are probably all the same wanting bigger weight losses but I'm sure we'll all get there. :eek: And hope your family meal was nice....if it happened. x

Onwards and downwards :wee:

Self-sabotage, that's what I've been doing since January! It's funny why we do it, it definitely doesn't make us feel better!! I started today, porridge for breakfast; nice but little runny, will get used to times for my microwave. Chicken soup for lunch with another pint of water. Hope you're all in the zone ladies x

Definitely in the zone today, BookLass. Yesterday was a complete right off in the end and I was so sick today as my body couldn't handle so much food. I was a complete pig! Serves me right and I've definitely suffered for it today. So, back on it. Feeling ok tonight and have resisted fish and chips which my BF and Mum had earlier. I am out Sunday for a family dinner but until then I am going to be glugging the water and packs like there's no tomorrow!

Hope you are all ok today :cross:

Ugh sorry you felt so crap Sasha, atleast itll put you off doing it again. I couldnt belive how quickly I was full the first time I ate a big meal while being on the shakes! I wish I would of stopped there :(

Glad you are doing well booklash. Its always good to be positive, it really does help you stay motivated and on track!

Im so gutted. Iv just fell back into my old ways and its really depressing me. Back up to 14st 8oz (14st 10lb when I started) I just feel so shitty and low. Its like midnight and I feel so full I cannot sleep :( Im just thinking why??? Im going to 100% get back on the shakes tomorrow. I'm so disgusted in myself *sickface*

Xx

Hi all :gen126:

Been MIA the past few days. We didn't end up going for food with the family but we did order in, and I ate SO much. It felt so good! Until later on when I couldn't move. Ugh. :( Why oh why do we do it? Seriously. Food is my drug, and I am hopelessly addicted.

You can do this, Chloe! I know it feels horrid when you "fall off the wagon" but the day begins again, and can be the fresh start that you need. :bighug:

Also hope today is going well for you other girls, I'm sorry you were feeling poorly Sasha.

Oh food, why can't we quit you?!! :sign0009:

I've decided I absolutely dislike the bars. I thought they were okay at first, then after the second I was gagging, and then today I decided to try one with some tea. Nope. I simply cannot face another.

I'm dying to weigh myself, after being done with my TOTM for six days now. Have to wait until tomorrow now. I keep going back and forth about getting some scales or not, a part of me knows I will just jump on them every day if I get some. I just get so paranoid about the scales I use at the moment, the gym ones did something weird with my height measurements the last time, which of course got my mind thinking that the scales were wrong. (Of course, in all likelihood they were not wrong!)

I have been keeping my food diary, I can't believe today is day 32! :fingerscrossed:

How many calories do you guys think you're consuming each day? I have begun counting mine, counting the shakes, and then basically if I have calories left to spend so to speak, I will eat two Weight Watchers cookies (84 calories), or a small bowl of cornflakes as a treat.

Sending out lots of the good stuff to you all :heartpump:

Last edited:
Okay, so I have gained 0.44 of a pound. I was really hoping I would have gone down, and been less since the TOTM, I guess I was focusing on it too much.

I think I'm going to have to go back to TFR. Because on 2-3 shakes and then food, I'm just not shifting anything at this point. AND I've been going to the gym and everything (I tried to make sure not to get too into cardio, and just try to keep it light to promote weight loss).

:sad0071:

I feel like a whole week has been wasted.

Last edited:
Oh no, the week hasn't been wasted Minou. Maybe go back on TFR for a few days so that you see some weight loss on the scales and that will bring your confidence up again. Sometimes, I find it's not the amount of calories you eat but the type of food. I can (sometimes!!) get away with more protein but carbs go straight on the scales. So you could add food but steer clear of the cereal and swap for protein? Just a thought, who the hell knows!! :banghead: It's all guess work for me lol. You'll find what diet is right for you though. And, 0.44 of a pound can come off quicker than you can blink if you do TRF. You have the power...:vibes:

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement, came on my Period yesterday so I'm hoping that things will settle down (binge wise). Hope you are all having a great weekend. x

Yeah Sasha's right Minou... Maybe the take out hadn't settled yet. Sometimes when I eat a meal and then weigh myself first thing in the morning, Iv put on like two pound :/ Thats why its best to weigh once a week (not that I can ever hold out that long) :|

So I've lost a pound. I had no shakes yesturday but didnt eat either. Well, I drank 3 cups of tea and ate some mango. Not great but its better than I've been for the last week. I've just felt sick. Sick with my body, sick with food! Just sick of it all really. I need this weight off and I need to do it now :( Hope I stay in this mind frame because this is where Im going to get the motivation from!

Glad your feeling a little better Sasha. TOTM always throws me off into a binge/down day!

And I hope you're doing well to Booklash!!

Xx

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot. And it really helps.

I am in the last quarter of my day, (let's not even discuss my effed up sleep schedule this week) and I have successfully drank 1.3 litres of water/no added sugar squash so far, and have had 3 shakes. I expect I will be having a fourth shake and more water before I hit the hay.

So today will have been TFR. And I hope to do the same again tomorrow.

Congrats, Chloe! I'm glad you've seen some loss since you were feeling down about it :heartpump:

Sasha, when you have a meal, or some protein as well as the shakes, what do you have exactly?

My problem is I find it hard to just have chicken, or just have some meat on it's own. There has to be a carb. So if you can give me an idea of what you have and how you have it, that would be great.

Hope today is going well for you all!

I have pee'd one hundred times today. Ahhhh!

Oh, also, how long do you think it takes for your body to work on what it's been ingesting? So for instance if I do TFR replacement Sunday-Tuesday, when do we think it will show on the scales?

:kitty:

Not sure avout your last question, as I think it varies from person to person/day to day.

Congrats on going with just shakes. I cant stomach the shakes anymore :( I need sone time off.. so Im just drinking brews (no sugar) and water, as much as I can bare, and then a low calorie meal at night. Hopefully in a few days I'll feel better towards the shakes and be able to go back onto them.

Im just making some slimming world chips that Im going to eat on their own.. Then I'll go to bed and be happy with what I've ate for the day! In answer to your protein question, I have chicken.. seasoned, or fried in maggies sheets (the flavoured sheets that dont require oil - no fat, easy and so tasty!) and I eat it with broccoli, peas, sweetcorn... as much veg as I feel like :)

Xx

Hi All,
Hope you are having a good Bank Holiday.

Minou, I would have some sort of protein (chicken, fish, dark meat) with vegetables or salad. Or an omelette say eggs and mushroom... Here are the suggested vegetables from Shake That Weight website:
Broccoli
Spinach
All leafy greens
Cabbage, sprouts
Cauliflower
Leeks
Onions
Sweetcorn
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Carrots
Snowpeas
Peas (not with sugar)
Mange tout
Celery
Courgettes

I think that sugar in food plays a part in cravings etc. which is why I say protein may be better than cereal. If you look at the back of most cereals (even ones you don't think are sugary) they can contain quite a bit of hidden sugar. Plus you will eat more sugary foods than protein because protein will just make you feel fuller quicker and for longer. x

Not sure about how long it takes for your body to work on what it's ingesting but I do know that if I personally do a TFR day and don't cheat at all and drink lots of water then within a day or two it will definitely show on the scales. Even a pound or something, but it shows! That's just me though... and the longer I'm on TFR the less it shows immediately, but if I've been eating and then go TFR I always lose quickly. I think it's something to do with your body burning up the glycogen store and that shows a weight loss quickly. But don't quote me on that! Hopefully someone on here reading this can clarify?

Well done on the weight loss Chloe! And your 'brews' sound very intriguing!!

I ate a huge amount yesterday as went out for Sunday lunch, and have decided not to weigh today!! Think I'll make sure I have the best possible week I can (ie; lots of shakes and water!) and then weigh next Monday. No point in making myself miserable with a gain if I don't need to. x

Last edited:
Yes I agree Sasha, when you eat, then have a day just on shakes and water, the weight seens to drop off. Its like you are confusing your metabolism. So it has to work harder? I think lol.

Well I weighed this morning and I've lost another 2 pounds :) So thats 3lb in 2 days :O This just really motivates me.. I know it'll slow down by next week but wow if I was to carry on like this Id be so happy lol. I'm planning my daughters 1st birthday party for the 4th July, which gives me 5wks and a few days to lose a stone or two (I might be pushing it with 2 lol) And then after that I'll have around 8 weeks until my holiday.. I think if Im atleast between 12 and 13 stone by July then I can definitely make it between 11 and 10 by August. Im SO determind!

No Sasha, dont weigh. It will only p*ss you off unnecessarily! Just remember how far you've come with it all and that you can draw the line whenever you want to! Whatever you might have gained will easily come off! Xx

Wow Chloe! Congratulations on the weight loss! That's great and planning what can happen with weight loss in weeks to come is exciting! I feel excited when I hear that other people have lost weight, it motivates me to think, 'Yes, that really is possible isn't it??!' :Dxx

Haha yes me to, Im like if you can do it, so can I! Well OH went to the chippy and came back with a "small" (more like a mountain size) portion of chips. I ate five. I just couldnt help myself... they are one of my many weaknesses lol. Im making sone slimmingworld chips again to kick the chippy craving. If, like me, chips are one of your downfalls, then you should definitely give them a whirl when you're treating yourself to some food! They are amazing when done right!

What are Slimming World Chips, Chloe? I might have to try some....my weakness is chips!! x

Back