Eff you, food. Shake it off!

The first time I used them I could see the glue a little so I went over the rim with eyeliner! Works really well. I havent wore them for agess but I used to go for the same ones. They weren't too loud they were long and thick but looked natural. For your purpose though I think you can afford to go a little crazy with it :D

Ahh right, makes sense now. I guess it does work out okay with you working from home! And maybe losing weight will help with the insomnia and problems in the heat! Yeah, popcorns a great low cal snack! Will definitely curve the sweet cravings

Oh, I'm from Manchester. So not too far from you two really.

Sounds like you are both had a good strong day. And 'clean food' is good Chloe!:)

I made my BF sausage, mash and onion with gravy tonight. I had to lock myself away but the pull of the sausage got the better of me and I crept into the kitchen sure he'd have left one...I mean there was 6 sausages! But he'd eaten them all. I was gutted lol. He probably did me a favour but I've never wanted a sausage that much in my life. This diet is turning me into a crazy woman!

I wish I could stay awake all night and sleep in the day, Minou. There is something really special about the early hours of the morning when the City sleeps :) there's a stillness that I like. The gym must be empty too...even better!

My next weigh in is Monday. What about you two? Minou, you said end of the week? Is that tomorrow for you or Sunday? Chloe, are you going to weigh soon or leave it a bit?
Best of luck both xx

Aw Sasha it is so hard isnt it. I have been so ill today, banging head ache, Have a wedding on Saturday so had to drag myself into town to find something to wear (Im always last minute!)

I weighed this morning, 1.5lb down so Iv lost half of what I put on. I just wish I wouldnt of had the weekend off because Im back to square one of headaches, sickness, dizziness.. blahh - ugh!

I agree with how peaceful and calming the early hours of the morning is. I remember when Ava was born and she was in a routine of drifting off to sleep at around 5am. The sun would just be rising and the birds would be tweeting and the house would (finally) be silent :) Lovely

Hi girls,

Sasha, I can just imagine, I love pinching bits of my boyfriend's food, how dare he not even leave you one?! ;) Oh, and that reminds me... Oh man, I was in Sainsbury's of all places the other day, at the self service checkout and I could smell KFC. (My absolute favourite!) I was like, why can I smell that in here?! I turn around, and there are two guys with huge bags of KFC. Oh man, oh man. I wanted to steal the bags and run away. hahaha :gimi:

I successfully went two whole days just having shakes. I'm so proud of myself. It really made me feel so good. Then today I treated myself with a small meal of chicken and gluten free pasta. The gym is open soon, and it's technically my night time, so I'm going to hit the gym I think.

Then I will weigh myself on Sunday. I reeeeeally hope it's good news. :scale:

I'm so sorry you've been feeling unwell, Chloe *hugs* I hope you feel better soon. <3 Well done on the loss, that's awesome!

Thanks for the advice on the lashes, I went and got some today, I bought Eylure Exaggerate 145. They are very full and very long and thick. Not natural at all *giggles* I wanted to show you guys but I don't think I can post pics.

It's 5.22am right now, and the sky is that lovely light blue colour. I hope it rains today.

:dooney:

I guess it was a blessing in disguise that he ate all the sausages Lol.

Minou, that is so good. I really cant cope with just the shakes. They make me feel so sick! I think after this diet I'll never be able to touch another strawberry milkshake again in my life!!

Did you guys vote? Im totally and utterly heartbroken that we have another 5 years living under a tory government!!

Another day, another shake. I am still dreaming sausages lol. Yes, I think that was really rude of him to eat them all. Selfish! :p

But now you mention it, Minou doesn't it smell amazing when someone has food you like? It's as if my sense of smell has been heightened and I can sniff out a KFC or McDonalds a mile off. We have a 'treat' tin at home and it's full of chocolate. I opened the lid today (just to take a peak!) and I was greeted by Dairy Milk, Flake, Twix, even a Whisper Bar...I nearly took one but put the lid back on and did a shake instead. I've no idea how I did that so even if I don't get through the rest of the night unscathed I feel it's a small victory.

:happy096: Chloe on your weight loss. That's great! And Minou, 2 days on shakes is epic!! It is damn hard to stay on just shakes something overtakes you and says, FOOD, as Chloe said (and I am with you 100% on this one) you feel blimin' sick by the end! I had quite an addiction to McDonald's strawberry shakes and I can honestly say that's one addiction I've kicked for good!

Eyelashes sound great. Sorry, I couldn't give advice as I've never worn them, lucky Chloe is in the know...but I'm tempted after all this talk to give them a try. A different look - I'd love it if you could post photos. I bet they'll look striking.

Hope all the beginning symptoms are fading for you, Chloe. Horrid! :( As if we aren't suffering enough.

Look forward to hearing how you get on Sunday, Minou. All this gym and shakes I reckon you'll be surprised at how much comes off. :cross:

Well, it did rain lol :) and yes, I voted Chloe but with a heavy heart as I just didn't know who the hell to go for. I'm not convinced any party will stick to their promises. Looks like people decided better the devil you know!! xx Hope you both have had a good day.

Hi

Unfortunately I didn't hit the gym this morning, sleep hit me in the face before I could. Boo!

All this talk of food... *cries* I think for me now, it's less about being hungry, and addicted to food, it's more like, I'm waiting for something. I'm in limbo. I'm waiting to see weight loss, I'm waiting until I've gone enough hours, or days on just shakes before I feel like it's a good idea to have some food as a treat. I'm waiting to feel like this all is enough, and I can just go back to eating without shakes.

Ahhhhhhhh!!!

It's only my third week.
SIGH.

I'm so sad about the election results, and just sad about the sorry state of our system as a whole really.

I hope your days went well, I'm only a few hours into mine at 11.24pm. Tut.

I've attached a pic of the lashes so you can see, hope it works! :D

lashes.jpg

(edit): Yay! It worked, click it to make it bigger!

Last edited:
Good Saturday to you, girls :D

So... I caved, and weighed myself today. *drumroll please* :clap: ...In 18 days, I have lost 10lb!!! Yay!

While today's weigh in didn't give me the numbers I had secretly hoped for, it's still a loss, and it's only been 5 days since I last weighed myself. So I'm trying to stay positive.

Hope you're both having a good weekend!

:bunnydance:

:happy036:Oh yes!!! Go Minou, go Minou lol. Well done, that is fantastic. :bliss:
We always want more don't we? But I bet you are pleased with 10lb. That is fab...into the next stone down and you'll soon be in the 16stones if you carry on like this - a world away from where you started. I'm so pleased for you.

Oh, and the eyelashes look AMAZING!! I have got to get some now. :)
Chloe - hope you are ok today x

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Hi ladies.

Minou, I agree with Sasha the eyelashes look anazing!! You've applied them really well to. Fab! And I can't believe you've lost 10lb. That's amazing, by next weekend you could be a stone down and well on your way to reaching your goals. Well done you!

Sasha, glad you're well! I went to a wedding yesturday and lets just say I drank ALOT of prosecco *hand over face* Then had a chinese today to cure my killer hangover :( Im so annoyed but I know its my own fault. Im dreading weighing myself. Im terrified infact.. Im gonna get straight back on it tomorrow and hopefully have no more slip ups. I need to keep reminding myself I have 16 weeks until I go on holiday, and I'll be totally crushed if Im still this size <\3

I really do agree with you minou, about the wait. I just wish I knew what I was waiting for. I think its to feel/see the weightloss. To feel slimmer? Im not sure.. I think I could be waiting to 'deserve' a treat and then to be able to draw a line under it once its done. Which I find hard :/

Anyway, we'll see...

Heres to a good week ladies xX

Chloe, you can't go to a wedding and not have prosecco (lots of) be rude not to! :) in 16 weeks you get some amazing losses. Just get straight back on it. :D
Well, I had rather a lot of wine too - not a wedding - just....because!! And have stayed the same weight this week. Boo!!! A part of me thought I could get away with a few cheats...now I know I can't. Back on it. No wine, no sneaky cheats. Grrrr. xx

Like you said, here's to a good week!! It had better be...:banghead:

The site was down today!!! Ahhh! :/

I ate a meal yesterday. A big one. And I felt awful. I have been on just the shakes mostly apart from that, so I feel good... mostly.

So, I have a quandary. I have the implant for birth control, I've had it a bit over two years now, and after spotting for the first few months of having it, I stopped getting a period altogether. Without fail. No period. And then today, spotting.

It really threw me and made me feel very weird. Do you think it's the 'dieting'? There are no other changes to my life recently. It's very worrying to me. :(

How are you both doing? Well, I hope :D

I keep meaning to go back to the gym but then I wake up at stupid times, and the opportunity passes quickly. Or maybe that's an excuse, I don't know...

I'm in one of those, 'is this shake thing bad for me?' kind of days...

*cries*

Hey, hope you are both ok?

Minou - I think this diet can affect your periods. Mine have come early this month and that's unusual as they are always like clockwork. And I've heard stories of people's cycle being disrupted. But, probably a good idea to check with your Dr? I bet it's the diet but it might put your mind at ease. For our body this diet must be like bootcamp! No wonder it acts up. It is pretty extreme. But I understand your worry. :bighug:

I question is this bad for me? Should I just have food as that's more healthy and 'normal' for me...but ultimately I want the weight to come off as quickly as possible and that means trying to stick to food replacement for the foreseeable future - unless I start to feel unwell or something. I've also read a few articles now saying that a VLCD isn't so bad for you and in-fact it can help give your body a break and lower blood sugar, lower fat in your liver and that's not such a bad thing...I'm sure my liver could do with a bit of TLC!! :p

x

Hi

Yeah, I think I will see how it is come Monday, and if I need to, call the Doctor. I'm definitely at ease with it now, I was really worried yesterday though. Things like that really throw me. Having you guys to talk to really helps too.

I did really well at the gym today, but then I ate something, and drank a bit of Coke. Ahhhh! What is wrong with me?!

I just ordered some more shakes to balance it out, that's definitely how it works, right? ;) Because I'm still stealing bits of chocolate quite frequently, I have ordered some of the chocolate bars. Either of you had/have those? Do you eat them as meal replacements, or for snacks between? I'm thinking of them as meal replacements. So not a bar and a shake, just one or the other.

How are you doing? Do you have plans for the weekend?
How's the skincare line coming?

Hope you're okay, Chloe, and you're just busy. *hugs*

I'm off for a walk in the rainy city <3

:dooney:

Aahhh, Minou you make me laugh. Yes, we balance it out with shakes hehe. Well you gotta be doing down in weight, a shake is around 135 calories and we take it as a whole meal... before I started this even a small snack would've cost me more than 135 cals!

Glad you feel less worried and well done for hitting the gym...more than I've been doing, every day I think, 'today is Zumba day!' only to lie on the bed to think...when? And it never happens!! Skincare is going well thanks, just using some gorgeous ingredients and trialling some new potions. :D my flat smells like a spa. Bliss!

You are brave heading out into the rain. Yuk, hate it. But don't mind it looking out from inside when I'm toasty :)

Yes, Chloe - hope you are ok? :cross:

It is my Mum's birthday on Saturday so I'm gong to get her and bring her back to London to stay the week and we'll have a little celebration - not good for the diet but she's in her 80's and still rocking so I think it's well deserved. What are you both up to? Let's hope the weather gets a bit brighter.

I have the bars, Minou. I started having Shake That Weight ones - particular liked the chocolate one truffa is it? That was nice. I now order Slim & Save as they have ones I like, their praline bar is DEVINE !! But use them as a meal replacement. I eat them really slowly...little bites with a cup of tea or coffee and it feels like you are actually being normal and eating something nice. :) I found them a welcome addition to just shakes.

Anyway, best of luck to you both and here's to another good day!! :fingerscrossed: I'd even take half a good day right now as I'm starving hungry!! xx

Hi ladies, glad to read you are doing well! Soery I've been MIA for the last few days. I've got a really bad case of conjunctivitis and its driving me insane. I have no energy, (which isnt the best when you have a house to run and a lively baby) I've been so ill with it so unfortunately the only thing thats kept me going is food *thumbs down* I just feel so demotivated and cant think of anything worse than feeling hungry aswel as all this other discomfort. All I want is toast :(

Minou, let me know how the bars go. The praline one sounds amazing and I think I'll definitely be ordering some once Im on the mend!

Sasha, happy birthday to your mum and I hope you have a great week. Enjoy yourself. Dont feel bar if you have a few slip ups because you do have to let go a little sometimes. You've done so well.

Keep up the good work ladies and keepyou're fingers crossed for my eye lol!! Xx

Yeah, that's what I always try to remember, that even when I do eat, it's still less than how/what I was eating before. To think what a days worth of food and drink was like compared to now... Wow.

Ah, I can imagine. I bet your place smells wonderful!

Hope your mom has a great time visiting with you, and you manage to have fun and not worry about your routine too much. It's time to celebrate! :D

My bars arrived today, I was surprised to see they weren't just like biscuit bars like how they look in the picture. They're very chewy and dense. I'm not really sure if I like them. Eating one wasn't horrible. It was just, eh. You know? Perfectly edible, and I definitely didn't want to reach for regular chocolate afterwards. I think (and I don't know if this is psychological or not), that the shakes are more filling. Because I'm hungry already. And I've already drank more than a litre too.

I ordered all milk chocolate because I don't think I'll like any of the others.

Chocolate orange sounds good though. How is Slim & Save compared to Shake Thay Weight?

Oh no, Chloe. Boo! :( stupid conjunctivitis. I'm so sorry you're not well. Honestly, giving your body what it craves when you're not well is the best thing for you. Tea and toast, is like the best medicine!

Try not to worry, you'll be back on the shakes when you're ready. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

I'm getting so excited for the convention next month. Eeeek! I can't wait. It's all I can think about. I had a pair of black wedges that I've only worn once, and probably won't wear again (they were for a wedding), and I needed red shoes for my outfit for one of the nights at the event, so I was going to paint them red. But then I thought about how I've always wanted Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, so I glitter bombed them. Woop! <3

Thank God it's the weekend!!!!!!!:banana dancer:party time. Oh, I'm definitely not going to worry about the diet too much this weekend. Although, bad timing is my Monday weigh in!! And with no loss last week I would like even just 1 cheeky pound off. We'll see.

Poor Chloe with your conjunctivitis - I can't even imagine what that is like AND a baby. Forget the diet it'll be there when you are feeling better. xx

The bars from Slim & Save are better I think. I've just tried the chewy chocolate bar which I don't like much. The Praline one is lovely but they have revamped them since my last order and changed some of the products. If it's not broken I say...grrrr. Why bloody change it. They used to do a coconut bar and it was lovely - they've stopped doing it now. But Praline is lovely still, the chocolate orange and chocolate mint are dark chocolate and quite filling. By the end of the bar you definitely don't feel like eating anything naughty. Lol. I think the shakes are more filling too, for me it's more about having something I eat and thinking I've had chocolate so then it tricks my brain and I don't feel like eating 'real' chocolate...??

Your shoes sound so cool :dooney:you are gonna rock that convention. How exciting dressing up - love it!!

Anyway girls...onwards and downwards as they say. :D happy weekend to you both xx

I weighed myself today, and I'm the same. In the space of a week I have seemingly not budged.

Without hoping for excuses, I think maybe I either went up and then down again. Or it's an inaccurate reading since I have my period. Something I totally forgot about before getting on the scale. So, I'm going to weigh again a little after the TOTM has gone away.

I did, however, do some measurements again. And I have gone down to 2cm around my waist. (cm because my stupid tape measure is cm on both sides instead of cm on one, and inches on the other.) And, I measured my face/chin (ha!), and I have also gone down 2cm. Yay!

I ate more than I would have liked today, I felt a little disheartened after the weigh in, but also, I decided to give myself a bit of a break due to my period. Ugh. I just wanna lounge.

Hope you're both having a nice weekend <3

:kitty:

Sasha thank you, Im feeling much better today. Thank god! Im back on track and feeling positive and motivated.

Minou dont be too disheartened, I usually put on on my TOTM, so staying the same is good I'd say. Plus if you have been going to the gym (even once or twice) you can hold alot of water.. making you maintain!

And 2cm is great, I cant wait to measure when Iv lost a couple of pounds and see whether anythings happening lol. Iv had a shake and loads of water today, oh and quite a few raspberries and blueberries :/ I guess its better than chocolate or crisp lol! Feeling good though. Dont think I can stomach another shake today. They are sooo sickly after a while lol. Plus my belly feels like its FULL of liquid!

Hope you' e both had a great day, or minou I hope you're having a great day should I say! Xx

Back