Effects on Hair.

Zion

Hi All...I know that hair loss is a known side effect but was just wondering how many of you have had negative effects on your hair and if so if you've done or taken anything in particular to combat it? My hairdresser just commented that mine was very dry and thin compared to how it normally is. :(

Exante ~ Wk 1: -5.2lbs (Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins))

Last edited:
Hair - Definitely dryer, but easily cured with good conditioner etc.
No other problems and I have been going on this since March 2011. Except the bleaching effects of the sun! But that was not in Wales ..... sunny France. I am sure adding a meal helps, I feel the protein boost helps keep my hair, nails, teeth, gums etc. in good condition. I hope this helps.
GSQ

Thanks GSQ.

Exante ~ Wk 1: -5.2lbs / Wk 2: -0.4lbs {oops} (Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins))

Around the 3 to4 month mark you will shed....possibly a lot over a couple of weeks...but you will notice a return to growth and new hair very quickly...so its a temporary inconvenience that will mend itself..under normal conditions you shed a little all the time...and dont notice it...x fireflii

i read something that your hair shows the effects of how it was treated three months later which for me was true! hair was fine the majority of the time through vlcd towards the end though it did start to get very thin and when i started maintaining and eating normal food again it got worse BUT it grew back extremely quickly and is back to how it was before hand :)

i took nourkrin but my friend has used regaine and had amazing results, if it happens to me again i'll probably use that!

As I said before in a similar thread, I'm paranoid about this, so this has led to me 'cheating' every couple of days.

By this I mean I planned on doing TS, but now I find I'm adding some raw brazil nuts, cheese or meat regularly, and once or twice a week, might even have a meal of chicken or steak with creamy dressings :eek:

I did a low fat diet once, but really went a bit overboard and lost a big patch of hair in the process. I had to go back to eating red meat and cut down in other places

Back