Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

evil scale. nevertheless, well done for the 1.5 pounds loss!! that's really good, you know! you'll get the half stone next time I'm pretty sure!

30minutes x 5 times a week! what exercise do you normally do? I think I'm too lazy and I want to make myself go to the gym at least twice a week, did it for two weeks, stopped last week as my back somehow really hurted... and haven't got back to it yet... :p

Hi Emily

Just thought I'd pop over and have a nosy at your diary since you've been so nice to me. :) Reading through your diary sometimes sounds so like mine lol - the struggles with stress and trying not to reach for the chocolate.

Well done on nearly getting your half stone. I'm sure it'll be yours next week. And well done on the body magic too!! Exercise gives you such a buzz it's well worth sticking with - not that I'm doing any atm!

Good luck with this week. xx

Weds 29th Sept

Things have been quite busy at work lately with people off sick and stuff so I've not been really eating properly at lunch, usually just have a quick mugshot and banana or something.

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Mugshot
Banana

Dinner - Chickpea dahl, brown rice, grated carrot and cucumber.

Snacks -1x white bread toasted (5 syns) with lurpack (4 syns)

Drinks - Tea x 2, Water x 3

Total syns = 9 syns

Gave in to the toast monster after work today, only had one slice tho :D

Charliesworld - Aww, thank you for visiting my diary, and for your lovely comments :D Yep, I definitely have my struggles sometimes! Sticking to plan is so much easier when you are feeling positive, it all just falls into place. But then when you feel down and just want to crawl under your duvet and hide away it can be so tough. I think part of the journey is understanding the way we are feeling and to learn not to cover it up with emotional eating. To take a step back and just tell yourself 'No I don't need to eat that because it wont make me feel any better and I'm not really hungry'. Life can throw some real challanges our way sometimes tho!!

Dream - Thank you :D I'm quite chuffed with my loss as its been a dodgy few weeks! Hopefully I can continue and that shiney WILL be mine next week!!!
As for the body magic, I'm a bit worried about it as I've been struggling to get off my bum and do 3 x 30mins a week for the silver, lol. So 5 times is like nearly every day, and the weather is horrible so I don't even want to leave the house once I get home! I usually count walking the dog as my body magic, got a route that I take her on that takes 30mins. Haven't plucked up the courage to go back to the gym again, haven't been in months now. When I get into it I love playing squash, which hubby and I usually do for about 1 hour. Hopefully once my work hours go back to normal next week then I can get back into a proper routine again. I find that once you get going with regular exercise you just naturally go and do it without too much contemplating. We shall see...

Uh oh photo day today :eek: I've done them but to be honest there really isn't any difference. 1.5lb isn't really going to show to be honest. Still I took them any way just to get into a habit of doing it every Thursday morning when I get up. Appologies for the camera being a bit wonky and after looking at the pictures I realised the camera was slightly further way this week so I look smaller, but I'm not, lol.

Here goes....

Attachments

• Front 30Sept.JPG
    Front 30Sept.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Side 30Sept.JPG
    Side 30Sept.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
mmmmmmm Lurpack!!!!! Well done you on only having one slice :D

Work sounds pretty hectic for you atm so well done for not eating the contents of your kitchen when you get home (or is that just me!!). What do you do?

Here's to another good day :)

If you lose 1.5 pounds each week, that'd be 6 pounds a month, surely you'll see some noticeable difference :)

ARGH!! ! I was so so close though, I got on the scales and it said 12st 2.5lb then it went up to 12 3, then 12 2.5 and eventually finished on 12st 3. Grrr, evil scales!!
Its so frustarting when that happens especially when you need that extra 1/2lb off to reach a milestone.
Next week you'll have it in the bag :D

charliesworld - You are definitely not the only one, I'm always coming home from work and raiding the cupboards, lol, luckily nothing in there at the moment but I was searching really hard for a packet of biscuits the other day, hehe. I manage the payroll for a recruitment and nursing agency 2.5 days a week (used to be full time but had my hours halved just before Xmas last year due to the recession (thanks boss!:mad:) and she refuses to increase them again even though business has picked up again). Then the rest of my time I spend studying from home for an accountancy qualification, which will hopefully enable me to go an and become a Chartered Accountant and make a better life for myself. :D So need to lose lots of weight so I can look fab in a suit :giggle:

Dream - hmm, 1.5lbs a week, I know its doable but you know what I'm like, lol. Will probably STS next week even though I've been super good. Think I might take photos every week but only post them every other week as I don't think the difference will be noticable after just one week. And I'm sure people don't want my wobbly bits offending their eyes every Thursday :8855:

KarenB - Thank you, I'm going to try my hardest to get that elusive half stone shiney :D

Fat, fat, FAT! Feeling very fat after eating a whole pizza :'( Kicking myself now, but it was late and there was a mountain of washing up in the kitchen so just couldn't be bothered cooking anything. I'm such a wally. Going to draw a line under it and get back to normal tomorrow, but feeling very bad about my blip right now. I just know it will prevent me from getting my half stone shiney :( I was doing so well....

was it a nice pizza though? Hope you enjoyed it.

I think as you've been good previously, and if you're gonna be good in the next few days, you'll still get your half stone sticker! :) don't worry too much.

Thanks hun, we will see...

I'm on a bit of a downer at the moment :( Typical, knew the positive motivated me wouldn't last long. :sigh:

I'm scale hopping again, my mind is on losing weight the whole time, I'm not motivated to cook in the evening or make salads for lunch, and as a result end up eating junk (hence the pizza at the weekend) and feeling even more sorry for myself.

I just feel pants and fat and horrible. Can't bear to look at myself and even though I'm only half a pound off my half stone award I certainly don't feel like I've lost any weight. I'm in that frame of mind where I want to lose weight and I want to lose it NOW, which is really bad :(

I just know I wont have lost anything this week, infact I will probably have gained. Grr, stupid negative thinking brain:cry:

I think part of it is that I've only got 4 weeks left until our 5th wedding anniversary and I really really wanted to have lost weight and be feeling good about myself by then. But its just not going to happen, theres not enough time now. Even if I lost 2lb a week (which would be impossible judging by my record) thats still only 8lb and although that would be great I still don't think I would feel any different.

Moan, moan, moan, I could go on for hours. Sorry guys:break_diet:

Awww Emily - I am so where you are now. Wanting to be slim NOW. Not wanting to have to "diet" - worrying that it's never going to happen - hating that it's taking so long.

What have you planned for tonight? I'm catching on Downton Abbey tonight with a lovely brew while I have the tv (doesn't happen very often).

sorry that you're down, I guess we expect to see more result, but we're not seeing as much progress as we'd wish, so sometimes it's hard to make ourselves say no to the food we love

however, on the other hand, we can't expect the fat to go away by waving a magic wand. we need to work at this. eat healthily and exercise more.

keep going, one day we will get there!

given the body magic you've been doing, i'm pretty sure you'll get your sticker this week!

Good luck with weigh in later today! X

Don't think luck will be enough today unfortunately, going to need more of a miracle, lol. Weighed on the scales at home this morning and I've gained 1lb. So will probably be a gain of 1 or even 2lb this evening at class. Bummer. Going to try not to let it get to me too much though (famous last words!!).

The plan is to work really hard for a 100% week this week. Might up the exercise and start going on the exercise bike again as well as the dog walking. Need to get that shiney next week!! Just realised that will be 10 weeks to lose half a stone, thats truly rubbish, snails pace or what!! I'll be lucky to get under 12st before Xmas at this rate.

Woke up late this morning so didn't have a chance to make my salad for lunch. So just going to have a mugshot and a banana. Not the most nutritious lunch I know, but its all I had time to grab.

Late weigh in again today, so 7:30pm, I hate having to wait till then, but at least I will know where I stand.

Good luck with your weigh-in Emily. I know how frustrating it is to lose at a snails pace so I can sympathise with you.
I just keep telling myself that every loss is a victory. I have been following SW since 20th July and I am still waiting for my half stone sticker. I am hoping to get it next week! The thing that makes me stick at it is the fact that I really like the SW plan. Its the only diet that doesn't leave me hungry so I intend to grit my teeth and carry on. Nevertheless I have to admit to having days just like yours so I feel for you.
Big hug Emily. X

Last edited:
Back