Emily's Diary - All I want for Xmas is my half stone shiney :D

I find it very difficult too when dining out / when dining with hubby or friends. So hard to run away from the syns. Let's draw a line with the past and just be good from now on. Be especially good during the week to compensate the weekend meals maybe?

We will get a good loss at next weeks weigh in! ( too late to work for this week's I'm afraid... )

Yep fingers crossed for next week, this week is going to be a write off I'm sure, lol.

All my food seems to be going wrong today! The strawberries I have with my allbran for breakfast were gross. They smelled really sweet and lovely, but they tasted of absolutely nothing! Couldn't bear to eat them. Then when I got into work I realised I forgot my salad dressing for my lunch!! So really not looking forward to my lunch either. Plain salad really isnt very appealing. Oh well. Could maybe have a mugshot (always keep one in my bag) and some fruit, then eat my salad with the salad dressing when I get home and have a lighter dinner. Hmm, I dunno, might end up a bit hungry. Bummer, what a wally!

Can you get any salad dressing near work? I got some be good to yourself fat free French dressing from sainsbury, it's low syn, like 0.5syn per table spoon. That would keep you from hunger! I found that when you are hungry you're more likely to eat naughty food!

I managed to eat half of the salad without any dressing in the end. It was quite a big salad so half was enough to keep me going along with a banana, then will have the other half when I get home. Bit of a trek to the nearest shop unfortunately, and I'm quite picky about salad dressings. I don't really like the bitter vinegar type ones. Never ever used to use them until I discovered the thousand island dressing, it is so yummy, probably because it is kind of sweetish and I only like the full fat version which is 2syns per tbsp. But a little goes a long way so I use about 2 tbsp on a salad, and I'm quite happy to use my syns on that if it means I'm eating healthy salad/veg instead of something else :D

I use about 2 tbsp on a salad, and I'm quite happy to use my syns on that if it means I'm eating healthy salad/veg instead of something else :D

you're so right!! :D if 2 syns per table spoon of a yummy dressing means that you're going to eat a big salad instead of something else, that's so worth it! Maybe I'll be more generous with my salad dressing! (I opted for the low syn ones which I didn't really like... hence not having salads very often!)

Tues 21st Sept

Yea definitely worth using a few syns on a yummy dressing, it makes such a difference. :D I'm going to start colouring my superfree's and syns like in your diary, hope you don't mind. Its just such a good idea so you can clearly see them :p

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Salad (carrot, cucumber, lettuce, beetroot, ham) with 1 tbsp thousand island dressing (2syns)

Dinner - Salmon with A.H. Spelt (2 syn) (too lazy to do veg this evening :eek:)

Snacks - Banana
Grapes

Drinks - Tea x 3, Water x 3

Total syns = 4 syns

glad you like the colouring :) I find that helps me make sure I do eat 1/3 super free throughout the day!

Uh oh, weigh in tonight! I have to wait for the 7.30 class instead of the 5.30 because hubby doesnt finish work until 7. So I'm going to be starving because I usually try to avoid eating too much before weight in, lol.

I feel as though I have been really realy good all this week, but in actual fact its only really been since Sunday when I gave myself a boot up the backside. So once again, would be happy with a STS, over the moon with any kind of loss and gutted if I have another gain (3 in a row!!). Trying not to think about it too much, but we will see what happens.....

On a positive note I had to go up/down (not sure which you say?) a notch on my belt this morning, so a hole smaller in other words. :D Don't know if this really means anything, or whether I just felt like wearing my trousers slightly tighter today, hehe.

I remembered my salad dressing today too, so can enjoy my yummy salad at lunch time. Yipeeee :D

Good luck with the weigh in tonight! Fingers crossed for you!!

How did it go? X

Well, I lost 0.5lb. Cant be dissapointed by that because I was pretty bad at the start of the week, McDonalds, crisps, biscuits, allsorts really! Plus been having a few other internal issues as well, lol. But weightloss in the right direction!!

Had a battle of willpower yesterday after hubby suggested we got a pizza after weigh in. Needless to say after a rubbish day at work, I gave in and felt extremely full afterwards. Hopefully now I've got that urge out of my system I can move on and have an even better week. Lots of salads for lunch, lots of veg with my dinners and more water (I've been a bit bad at that the last week or so).

So I am now 2lbs away from my 1/2 stone award. Do-able in one week but will just have to see what happens. Thankfully I can go back to the 5.30pm class next week, it was torture having to wait until 7.30 because I didn't want to eat/drink anything that would add weight to me, lol.

I have also decided to take weekly pictures to see if I can notice any changes. WARNING, they are not a pretty sight, lol. I will try and attach them, not sure if it will work though as I've not done it before. (My bum looks gigantic!! :cry:)

Attachments

• Front 23Sept.JPG
    Front 23Sept.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Side 23Sept.JPG
    Side 23Sept.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 27
Weds 22nd Sept

Oh, and yesterdays food diary....

Breakfast - Allbran and milk (HeA + B) with strawberries.

Lunch - Salad (carrot, cucumber, lettuce, beetroot, ham) with 2 tbsp thousand island dressing (4syns)

Dinner - Pizza (it had onions and chicken and sweetcorn on it, so that was kinda good. But the rest...very bad, lol.)

Snacks - Banana

Drinks - Coffee x 1, Water x 3

Total syns = 4 syns + Pizza

Well done for the loss!! you must be thrilled. Now that you've had the pizza you can forget about it for a while! (at least it tasted good! The greasy food I ate yesterday didn't even taste that great)

What a good idea to take photos to look at real progress! I might do it at some point but am feeing abit camera shy right now :p

You said it's not a pretty sight, I actually think you've got a nice bum! ;)

Hehe, thank you. I am camera shy too, thats why I cut my head out, lol.

HI there just wanted to say how much i enoyed reading your posts well done for sticking with it and not giving up all together, i joined slimming world a few years back and gave up and now i am looking to rejoin as i know it works and is the best diet i have ever done. :D

Aww, thank you Demilouise :D Good luck on your new weightloss journey, you will find this site sooo helpful :)

So this has been a rubbish week for diary entries!! Been working far too hard obviously, hehe. In the past lack of diary entries was usually down to the fact that I had been eating badly, but this time I am pleased to say this is not the case.

I've stuck to plan pretty much all week. Went to visit my parents over the weekend, where is usually a real stuggle to stay away from naughty food, but my mum made all the meals SW friendly and I only had a couple of biscuits. I was quite proud of myself when all my family were having hot buttered toast and things for tea, I made myself a mugshot. No pre-SW I was a toast maniac, lol. I love toast, hot with butter and any kind of spread (marmite, jam, peanut butter, lemon curd......yum!) and I would usually eat about 4 slices at a time! But now we don't even have bread in the house anymore because we just don't eat it. So that was hard to resist on Sunday but I did :D

Weigh in later, and no idea what the result will be. Going to be a long day at work though and think I will be feeling a bit weak willed by the end of it, so probably going to be struggling with the little cravings devil this evening! Luckily there is nothing in the cupboards at home, so unless things are really bad and I actually go out of my way to visit a shop, I should be fine......

Good luck with weigh in later :) fingers crossed for you!! Hope you'll get the half stone shinny this time :)

ARGH!! Bloomin' half stone award has escaped my grasp for another week!! Lost 1.5lbs which I'm really pleased with but still 0.5lb from my half stone. Going to get it next week or else, lol! I was so so close though, I got on the scales and it said 12st 2.5lb then it went up to 12 3, then 12 2.5 and eventually finished on 12st 3. Grrr, evil scales!!

Oh well, come away with even more determination to get that pesky award next week.

Also moving on to Gold body magic from this week. 5 x 30mins every week! Eek!! That is going to be a real challenge, especially now the weather has turned and the evening are getting darker.

Back