Emily's Journey to a Jawline - including food pics!

looks delicious!!! did u make the breadcrumbs for the chicken? (reckon I could do it to a quorn fillet??)

Thanks! I did indeedy, and I don't see why not. I coated the chicken in a mixture of egg and chicken bovril, although you could put paprika, garlic powder, chilli etc in the egg mixture to vary it a bit, made breadcrumbs by toasting a piece of wholemeal bread and blitzing it with some mixed herbs using a hand blender. Chicken in the egg, then the bread, spritz with frylight and bake for 20-30 minutes until all crispy and impressive looking.

Congrats on the 2lb loss btw! x

ahhh thanks Em :)
I might have to give that a go. With chips it'll be like a well naughty dinner! But syn free!! Those meals are the best!!!

Yesss, good plan! I really wanted chips with mine but was too lazy! :eek:

Sounds bit like the SW KFC recipe woth the bovril. Havent made that for ages, must put it on the list for next week!

Good luck for weigh in, you deserve a fab loss! X

Thanks Toni! Yeah that's pretty much it, I used to love making the SW KFC chicken! Definitely going to start making it more often.

5.5 hours til weigh in, not that I'm counting. :rolleyes: Would really love to see a 3lb loss this week! Here's to hoping.

Day 14: Extra easy

Baby bel lights (hexa)
Plum
Thai chicken salad (2 syns)
Chicken and pasta with some kind of sauce!
Hifi bars (hexb)

Will update properly later. 14 days of being 100% :cool: Self high five! x

How did it go Emily? x

Lost 3lbs! :D Really happy with that. Making some yummy spinach and chicken pasta (syn free) to celebrate! I'm going to work super hard this week to try and lose 3lbs next week. x

Here's todays official food intake. Not overly happy with it but I can't do much aboot it now! I'm starting to really crave something naughty, but I shan't give in! No no. I tried to make the options and egg pudding thing, I think I did something wrong because it definitely tasted like omlette lol. :( I had half a teaspoon and ended up throwing it away! Nevermind though, will try the cheesecake this week!

Day 14: Extra easy

Babybels (hexa)
Hifi bars (hexb)
Banana
Thai chicken salad (2 syns)
Chicken, spinach and bacon pasta with 15g cheese (3 syns)

Total syns: 5

10lbs down now, 59lbs to go. Such a long road ahead! x

Pork in breadcrumbs with sage sounds tasty! I might try chicken with breadcrumbs and parmesan (using hex a) at some point too!

Day 15: Extra Easy

Banana
Bowl of berries
Bachelors cheese, leek and ham pasta with tuna and mushrooms (0.5 sins + 1/4 hex a)
Beef burgers, chips and salad with sweet chilli sauce (hex a + 3 syns)
Hifi bars (hexb)

Total syns: 3.5 :cool:

x

Last edited:
Pork in breadcrumbs with sage sounds tasty! I might try chicken with breadcrumbs and parmesan (using hex a) at some point too!

This is one of my fave SW friendly recipes, GORGEOUS! Also equally as nice without the breadcrumbs!

That looks really good! I love that website, so many awesome recipes ideas on there!

Had a pretty good day today I think. My friend invited me over to hers for a 'roast dinner and hot chocolate', but luckily she's super awesome so she was totally cool with doing a slimming world friendly version! I've had more syns that I like using, but it was worth it and verrry tasty. Plus, she's got the cutest 4 month old baby ever, so it was double fun!

Day 15: Extra easy

Banana
Hifi bars (hexb)
Roast chicken, potatoes, parsnips, swede, cabbage and carrots with gravy (going to estimate 5 syns for gravy!)
A tiny bit of mashed banana ice cream (2.5 syns)
Hot chocolate using 250ml milk and a teaspoon of cocoa powder (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 9

Still feeling really good about sticking to plan. I think I've finally got my head around the fact that this isn't going to be an overnight thing, and that to get my target I'm going to have to stick to this for a really long time. This isn't a quick fix, it's a life change and I'm ready for it! :cool: x

I try to keep my syns down. Just a thought though, there was a lady in group who decided instead of having 3-5 syns a day she would have as close to 15 as she could get and she lost the most weight in a week that she's ever lost last week and did the same this week. I'm going to up my syns and see how I get on.

I have always found I generally lose more if I use all my syns than when I try to limit them... so now I tend not to worry about using them all!

I just noticed that LuhLuhLoser said she used more syns than she liked to use and she had 9 the other day. I figure, if they give you between 10 and 15, then you may as well have em! Plus it seems people do better with them anyway. I'm upping mine this week, let's see how I get on. I've stocked up on curly wurlys in case I end the day with not enough.

Let me know how you get on Hannah! It's interesting, I always try to have as smallest amount of possible without feeling too deprived of anything, but I don't think it necessarily affects my weight loss having less or more. I'm not too worried about it at the moment though, although obviously losing weight is my number one goal, I'm really trying to get my head into a different mind frame when it comes to extra food, and most of my meals do contain a few of syns. I'm not really craving anything, so I don't see the point of having anything else just yet, but I should probably relax a bit when I do have more than normal. :eek: I'm sure I'll be feeling differently in a few weeks!

Day 16: Extra easy

Hifi bars (hexb)
Left over chicken, bubble and squeak made with 2 roast potatoes, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, swede and BNS and a teaspoon of gravy (1 syn)
Same for dinner! (1 syn)
Bowl of mixed berries
250ml milk and a teaspoon of cocoa powder (1 syn)

Total syns: 3

I realllly need to start doing some exercise! Off work today, so I'm going to do the maracattack (sans maracas, they're way too loud lol). Hopefully that'll do some good! x

Last edited:
Back