emma-louise's food diary... about time too!

i have indeed ;) its in the recipes section in a thread titled "chirizo" so it should be really easy to find if you just do a search :p it was bloomin' gorgeous if i do say so myself, wish there was some left over for lunch today but alas, the whole lot got scoffed!! xx

wednesday 7th july - red day :)

brunch: weetabix and milk (Hex A & HexB) with banana and strawberries

snack: 1 apple

dinner: chicken fajitas, HexB for oil plus about 20 syns :)eek:!) for 2 tortillas and 2 tbspns of creme fraiche... :( oh well! they were very tasty so worth it i suppose!

Mmm I love fajitas, have considered making them myself but don't think I'm disciplined enough just to stick to one wrap!!

I wish tortillas weren't so high in syns or were a HEB cos I love tuna or chicken salad wraps for lunch...really missing them!

i know i miss them too :( my mum used to make this brilliant snack type thing, she spread salsa and mozzarella cheese on a wrap and rolled it up and cut it into 4 and microwaved them so the cheese went gooey - delicious but very synful!

i am very often tempted to cheat and count one as a HexB but i know thats very naughty and i would get my wrists slapped! as an alternative, the asda wholemeal pitta used to be a HexB but its not any more :mad: but i have been known to have one and still count it as a HexB but obviously its not advisable, it might affect your loss etc etc blah blah blah :rolleyes::rolleyes: xx

Mmm I love fajitas, have considered making them myself but don't think I'm disciplined enough just to stick to one wrap!!

i count wraps as 7 syns each, i have two wraps (14syns), a tbspn of creme fraiche on each one (2tbspns is 4syns) and then a packet of old el paso fajita mix is 4 syns? and we use two packets between 4 of us (so another 2 syns) plus a HexB for oil! its a very synful affair but i love them soooo much they are very definitely worth it!! :p i just try and go light on syns a few other days in the week to balance it out a little bit.

everyone else in my family has 4 wraps (we're piggies:eek:) so i have to try and spin my 2 out for longer so i dont finish before everyone else cos thats when the naughtiness kicks in! i make sure i get a big glass of diet coke and drink it in between each mouthful to try and make it last longer! its a bit pathetic but it seems to be working hehe :) xx

Me too!!
I love Quesadillas as well - sandwich 2 tortillas together with cheese, chilli, spring onion and coriander in the middle. Dry fry until cheese melted and tortillas crispy then serve with proper homemade guacamole
** drool **

well today has been rubbish!! i couldnt decide what day to do so i messed up on healthy extras and blah blah blah no excuses! :(

thursday 8th july - extra easy (kindof :rolleyes:)

brekkie: slept in so i missed it!

lunch: pastrami and salad sarnie (HexB) + 2 syns for sweet chilli sauce :)

snack: what turned out to be a massive bowl of rice pudding with my HexA of milk, 2syns of sugar and a muller light mixed in :eek:

dinner: kfc style chicken (shop bought 7 syns) with a jacket potato and aubergine, tbsp of light mayo (2syns)

total syns - 13

i know i havent gone over on syns but im really annoyed at myself for having that rice pudding and not having any superfree with it :( i only had it cos i was panicking i didnt know how to use my HexA today with not having any cheese in the house! wish i didnt bother now :cry:lack of superfree will deffo be my downfall!!

in other news ;), im going away to scotland for the weekend tomorrow! my grandma lives up there and im excited to see her but i know my eatings going to be a right nightmare while we're there - going to try and make the best of it but seriously expecting a gain this week for the first time since i started! she doesnt know im on a diet and i dont want a fuss made out of it so im going to try and counteract all the naughty food with a lot of body magic to at least try and balance it out a little! anyway, no internet connection up there so no Minimins for me (and no exam results until monday :mad: grrrr!!) will update hopefully when i get back, if i havent fallen off the wagon completely by then!! xx

Have an amazing time in Scotland - don't worry too much, like Donna said - you can easily pull it back x

Missing you - did you have a good time in Scotlad? How was Grandma?

awww donna i am back now ;) got back about 6ish after what seemed like the longest journey ever!! scotland was really good, nice relaxing break and the weather was lovely - bit of a mixed bag food-wise though :rolleyes: im going to attempt to type up my diary now! xx

right, here goes my food diary from friday-monday! i tried to keep to plan as much as i could but with lack of planning i kind of got a bit muddled :confused: i am counting friday and saturday as flexi days, i set myself a limit of 30 syns for each day.

friday 9th july - extra easy

lunch: veggie chilli and rice out the freezer and a muller

snack: pastrami sandwich (HexB) and 2 syns for tsp of chilli sauce and 1 apple

dinner: chicken pie from the lovely butchers in the town, new potatoes, brocoli and courgette :) im going to count the pie as 25 syns as i did eat the pastry and it was a creamy sauce :( naughty me!

total syns - 27 (missed my HexA :()

saturday 10th july - extra easy

brekkie: left over pie warmed up in the microwave (no pastry) 8 syns

lunch: chicken sandwich (HexB) with melted cheese (HexA) and grapes for pudding

dinner: went out for dinner, tried to be sensible :rolleyes: for starter i had smoked fish risotto, it was a really small portion which i was good because even though it was so nice i could tell it had loads of creamy synful naughtiness in it! then i had chicken breast wrapped in parma ham with a tomatoey mushroom red wine sauce which was delish but the potatoes were yak so i didnt eat them! had some boiled veg too but i was a bit wary about it cos they seemed to be sitting in oily/buttery type stuff :mad: arghh! counting the whole meal at 20 syns, this is probably way over the top but i just want to be safe! luckily i managed to escape before pudding cos the taxi came :woohoo: so i didnt have to sit and watch my mum and my brother eating white choc cheesecake and fudge brownie!

total syns - 28

sunday 11th july - red day

brekkie: weetabix and milk (HexA & HexB)

lunch: seafood platter from house of bruar!!! :D:D:D omg house of bruar makes me the happiest person alive! its a really posh shop and it sells clothes and stuff but its also got a food hall and a restaurant, me and my mum always get the seafood platter, which is 9 tiny portions of different kinds of fish/seafood and its totally yummy! crab and prawn mix, smoked salmon, prawns, octopus, smoked mackerel, smoked trout, sweet cured herring, rolmop and a huge langoustine :) going to count it as 5 syns for the smoked mackerel and trout but not entirely sure if this is totally accurate... :confused:

dinner: roast chicken dinner, chicken no skin, roast veggies (HexB for oil) splash of gravy (2 syns) and a yorkshire pud :eek: (6 syns) strawberries for pudding with a tsp of sugar (1 syn)

total syns - 14 :D yippeee back on track!

monday 12th july - extra easy

brekkie: weetabix and milk (HexA & HexB) with strawberries and tsp of sugar (1 syn)

lunch: i had a chicken sandwich (6 syns for wholemeal roll) and a huge chicken salad (def more than 1/3 superfree) while everyone else ate FISH AND CHIPS :eek::eek: it was sooo hard but i didnt even pinch a chip or anything i was good as gold!

snack: took cucumber sticks, grapes and strawberries for munchies in the car

dinner: i made tomato tuna pasta while everyone else ate yet more pie :rolleyes: syn free! had some veg in it but not 1/3 unfortunately :(

total syns - 7 :D deffo back on track now!!

in other news, i got my results from my first year of uni on saturday!! i passed! :) it was a conceded pass though as i did fail an optional module (human rights - switched halfway through semester and hated it, but stuck with it!) i got 38 when i needed 40 to pass :mad: grrr so close but never mind at least i am being allowed to continue to 2nd year!

also just had a sneaky step on the scales (instantly wish i didnt!!) :cry:its showing a gain of 3lbs, although this could just be the result of weighing at a different time of day (and after a big bowl of pasta) im not holding out for anything spectacular for weigh in in the morning!

god it is good to be back!! feeling more positive already just typing all that out hehe!! :D xx

Last edited:
Back