Emmas Diary-found my motivation

Well enjoy your roast! It will be time for number 2 before you know it and you'll be one of those skinny pregnant women who don't look pregnant from the back! hehe.
Have a good day xxxxxxxxxx

hey hun just mooching on in to see how your doing. well done on your loss this week.

I am on star week this week too and its HARSH isnt it?
xxx

morning ladies, thanks as always for dropping in :). Yesterday was a good day..i think lol. my roast was fab, mats FIL is so good at a roast lol however its not sw friendly lol but i always use max syns on it ands its worth it. So 3 more days of 100%, just taken some veg soup out the freezer for lunch and having syn free pancake with strawberries for brekky. Also need to cut my melon and pineapple up for snacks. I had a oreo when i got up..i just needed a chocolate fix oops lol but 2.5 syns left for the day..easy! Ive got terrible hayfever at the moment, it feels like a constant cold with itchy eyes, mouth and face..nice! OH is off work today so we are going to take sophie to the park as its sunny today and then matt is going to finish the painting in the bedroom and i hope to do some gardening..subject to hayfever though! Im not sure whats for tea tonight, we havent got much in to be honest. Plenty of pototos so think a jacket pot might be on the menu! Emx

do you have beans? you could have sw chips with beans on top and grated cheese mmmmmmmmmmm.

Also what do you freeze your soups in? I made a soup but theres so much of it and i get bored of it but then every now and then fancy some.
x

Morning, i freeze the soup in sqaure tupperwear boxes, 3 for 99p from tesco! Im not feeling the love this week, i dont think i will have lost anything, star week is just finishing but it didnt affect weigh-in last week so maybe this week? I was naughty last night and had a quater of a packet of angel delight, i had 14 syns so yes i know i didnt go over but have been trying to keep to 10 syns and below. I dont know if this will affect weigh-in or not. Im going to go for a walk today, hopefully quite a long one with my mum and the dogs.

Budget day today and I know im going to be hit hard- as a "middle" earning family we dont get much anyway but what we do get really helps with the bills. Im also public sector and so have the extra worry of redudnacy. Just have to wait and see but if its bad news some more lifestyle changes to come im sure. Emx

ahhhhhhhh had a crap nights sleep last night, hayfever hell! Nosebleeds and all sorts. Im stressing about work, I have a keeping in touch day on thursday, im doing 8.30-1.30 and not looking forward to it tbh. Im looking for other jobs but there isnt anythin, non of the supermarkets are recruiting etc, Ive mentioned before I work for local goverment, im not affected by the payfreeze as i earn way below £21,000. What id do to be a stay at home mum! But i would only get £10.50 ctc and £20 child benefit a week, wouldnt even cover me petrol costs.Could someone wave there magic wand for me lol. Its weigh-in tonight, not holiding out hope, dont know why as I have been good, kept within syns etc and only had one treat which was a chinese after weighin last week and that is not a regular occurance. Im off to the doctors today to get some hayfever tablets, ive tried my best to stay off them but i feel yuck.
Emx

Sorry you're feeling crap hun, I have a stinking cold so can sympathise!
Don't worry too much if you STS this week, it's normal for it to happen every so often, just means you can enjoy a good loss next week xxx

Hi debbie, i lost a pound...better than nothing but would have liked more. Ive always been a slow looser and thats why i usually give up, becuase i have at least 3.5 stone to loose a pound a week it would take me ages to loose it. So im trying/going to be 100% this week. I want to stick to 5 syns a day though had 10.5 yesterday...grrr!! I went to my first keeping in touch day at work..to be met by a email from the chief exec regarding big job cuts..our area alone needs to cut back 25%! Its likely that we will have to be reintervied for our jobs and they will sort out redundancys that way. Also as they are not recruiting and replacing any one that has left it means taking on at least 50% more work for no more money..tough times ahead! As for sophie, she didnt even notice i was gone! She has been going to my mums and mats parents since pretty much day one so she is so comfortable there its like her 2nd home so she was so happy. Her routine is mucked up but we will both get used to it. I would like to try some new recipes this week, i was thinking of doing lemon couscous cake, curried parsnip soup and then tomorrow as a treat chicken tikka masala with onion bahjis and samosas! x

Well im sat here tonight feeling really fat, like proper fat. I feel like i cant go out for meals/friends houses etc becuase of what food there is and thats silly. I know sw is not restrictive but i hate wasting my syns on stuff like that and I want to loose weight not gain it! I met a friend for lunch today, i was hoping that the restuarant would do jacket pots but no such luck..it was all cream tea and sandwhiches etc. I opted for a cheese omelette with salad. Ive no idea how much cheese, i want to say not a lot as it wasnt stringy etc, quite eggy but very tasty. But now i feel incredibly guilty and i feel like ive put weight on! I wish i didnt feel so down about it, also just had a call from the OH, he wont be home till 9. I have taken some mince out the freezer this morning to cook a chilli but dont feel like it ;-(. Sorry for the down post but if I dont write it down I wont have a good evening. x

ahhhhh ive just discovered i havent been drinking nas squash!!! We always buy it but this is a huge bottle and i just happened to get out this morning and it doesnt say no added sugar :-(. I normally drink pints of the stuff, we have got summer fruits nas so will be having that today. Still feel fat atm, I did make my chilli last night, and it was very nice. I have a portion in the freezer and some for my lunch today to. Not sure what to have for tea tonight, thinking lamb koftas..need to go shopping though x

Soooo disapointed in myself, i had a major binge and i mean major. I ate to i felt sick. I had a packet of oreos, a packet or mikados and a chinese. Yuck, discusting. Weighin is going to be bad this week :-/. Im drawing a line on it and todays a new day but i still cant believe i ate that much. My hayfever is really bad, i feel so stuffed and lethargic, i put sophie to bed last night and just laid on my bed and could have just gone to sleep. I wish i had then i wouldnt have eaten so much! x

Hiya hun, just been reading thru your posts and can't help but notice that you are being really hard on yourself.

You've done really well so far, I know you are desperate to lose weight, but it will take time hun. Cutting right back on your syns means it's more likely you'll get fed up and have a binge. Also - your omlette choice was great, ok, it may be a few syns for cheese, but you could have thought - sod it, no jacket potatoes so I'll have a cheese burger and chips with side of onion rings, but you didn't hun, you stuck to plan as best you could.

Pick yourself up, realise how well you have and are doing, forget about the binge and keep going, just remember it won't happen over night. Good luck xxx

So i put on 2 pounds at weighin, obviously this was expected :-(.Im undecided whether I should carry on at the moment. I dont feel like I have any support from the OH. Hes constantly telling me how he loves me just the way I am and wants to eat crap all the time. Having had a week of plan and literallty eating takeaways and crap food i really havent enjoyed it one bit. For ex we had a kfc the other day, i used to really like it but it was salty and dry and just tasted horrible so why did i eat it? Last night i started making chicken tikka from the curry book but oh turned around and said we have had a couple of stressful days and its to hot to cook lets have a damons(american diner) grrrr again i didnt enjoy it fatty and discusting. The reasons i want to loose weight..i want confidence, i want to enjoy getting ready for a night out with the girls (if i ever go out again!) i want to see a smaller mummy tummy, i want to be healthy for my baby girl. reasons not to loose weight, OH likes me just how I am, its the easier way out...
So obviously more reasons why I want to loose weight yet i cant do it. If i cant even stick to sw which is one of the best diets/lifestyles out there what chance do i have? I think im just down again at the mo, im suffering with my hayfever, sophie is teething so constantly whining and crying and not sleeping as usual.
If i win the lottery im going to hire a chef to cook sw meals for me lol.
x

Hey honey- sorry I have not been around this week- been so busy with work I haven't been able to get online but I'm sad to hear you're feeling so down.
I think you need to do several things, and to be honest, I have been where you are many times and ended up dieting and then giving up and putting it all on and more which is why this time, I have stuck with it and will NOT put it back on when at goal...
Things to do:
1) Think about WHY you really want to lose weight. Imagine how it will make you feel at the end of the journey and then remember how each loss at the scales has felt so far.
2) Think very hard about how being your current weight makes you feel and then think about what will happen if you continue to eat the way you were before slimming world and how you will feel at that size. I know it sounds harsh but the reality is, you will keep getting bigger if you eat that way and that makes you miserable so you have to change it. (Don't wanna upset you honey *hugs* but I know how important the kick up the arse is!!!)
3) Stop seeing your weight loss as a HUGE journey- take it a half stone or a stone at a time.
4) Go and buy something you like in the shops which is one size or just a little bit too small. Hang it in your bedroom and relish the feeling when you finally get into it! Then do the same again for the next size down.
5) Sit your OH down and have a real heart to heart. Explain to him EXACTLY how being bigger makes you feel and that while you appreciate the fact he will love you however you are, you NEED his support. He probably just doesn't realise how hard he is making it for you. Also, if he is eating junk all the time, tell him if you are worried for his health and maybe you can get healthier together- even if he's skinny, he still needs to eat a better diet or could be at risk of health problems. (MY OH is a 28inch waist yet has high colesterol so we are helping each other)
6) Think about whether you think SW is the plan for you. I think it's a brilliant plan and has changed my life BUT do look at weight watchers and see if that would fit into your lifestyle better. Now I have switched, I can eat whatever I want which suits me in the summer when we have lots of social engagements but you do have to stick to a tight points allowance and you can't eat as much as on SW. Maybe if you are feeling fed up on one plan, a change may reinspire you... just a thought.

All in all though, you are doing this to make you feel better for yourself which you deserve. You are a lovely person and I know that you have to be in the right midset to lose weight but I also know how much I want you to have that. YOU CAN DO IT!!! xxxxxxx

Thanks again Debbie for making me feel better. I have had a big think and I do want to be slim!!! I dont want to be a fatty anymore. A problem is that with my partner working late he either doesnt want what im cooking or will have his own thing so i end up cooking for one. Instead im going to do some batch cooking to help when im feeling abit stressed out with sophie I can just take something out the freezer. So its curried parsnip soup and beef stew im making today, and perhaps lemon couscous cake to! Im going to txt my consultant shortly to say ive been off plan nearly 2 weeks..but im not quitting!
Emx

havent updated for a while! i txt my consultant but again she didnt get back to me:-/, there are no other groups local so its there or nothing. So I went along to class and was pleasantly suprised that I had lost 1/2 pound! So back on plan, sticking to 10syns a day. So far so good, lasagna is in the oven so that will feed us for a couple of days plus a portion for the freezer! Ive got a chilli in the freezer to, however i havent had much fruit today ive just been to hot to eat! will have some strawberrys and rasberrys after tea i think with a muller light. I have bought myself a motivator! A purple maxidress, its a size 16 and i can zip it up half way, so I aim to get this done up. Id love to have it done up by my birthday 12th august! So bring it on x

Well done on the half pound hun, also - re your consultant, it may be useful to contact slimming world HQ and tell them you're not getting the support you need for him / her. Other people could be feeling this way too xx

Hi Emma!

I just noticed that you are from Lincoln, I have just moved here 3 months ago! Still getting used to the area and not knowing many people so nice to see someone from Lincoln on here!

Reading through your diary it sounds like you have had a hard time over the last week- I hope you are feeling better now?

Anyway nice to meet you- I'm Claire :)

x

Back