Emmas Diary-found my motivation

Emma, sounds like you are doing a fab job at being a yummy mummy especially with no sleep! Sophie is gorgeous and you are actively doing something to make yourself feel better. Keep trying hard and enjoy every minute with Sophie. My little girl is 2 1/4 and has just asked me for cheese and crackers because thats what Gromit eats!

Hi guys, feel abit of a diet fake at the moment. Been totally off plan for the week, friday night had a meal out, saturday cant even remember, sunday was shopping at meadowhall so had a mcdonalds for lunch and homemade "fat" lasagna for tea then monday was OH birthday and he wanted a chineses and his mum had made death by chocolate cake! Then yesterday it was pizza hut. I feel sick with the amount of fat i ate, bloated and yuck. There is no way im going to weighin tonight, i weighed on my MIL scales yesterday and there is a 2.5 pound gain, I just cant face the class. I felt really down last night, not about my life but my poor mum. Basically when my dad died last year she has been left with nothing ( well just the house) there was no life insurance etc and she only works part time due to my two sisters etc and she is trying to get the house on the market ready to sell as it was a self build. However she has been constantly messed about by builders/tilers etc who are taking advantage becuase she is vunerable. She has been waiting since xmas for the tiler to come round only to find he had gone out of business, then found another one that wanted to charge £800 to just lift a few tiles and relay them. Finally we recommended our next door but one neighbour who has his own tiling business. He gave mum a qoute of £125 a day for two days work, great she was happy with that! Then he rang her again and said it was going to be more £500..mum was not happy so she said no. He then rang again and said £350. She had to accept as she was getting desperate. He was due to go on friday..however he knocks on my door friday morning to say hes lost my mums number and he is to ill to do the work, it will be monday or something :-/..so i have to phone my mum and she is not impressed. She trys to get in contact with him over the weekend and he doesnt ring her back, monday comes and she manages to get hold of him and apparently hes still poorly and will come on the tuesday. So tuesday comes and he stays 30mins and leaves a young lad to do the work...anyway after speaking to my sister last night he has ruined all the tiles!! The machine he used nearly cut through the underfloor heating and all the tiles are now cracked and rough round the edges. I just cant believe it, i cried for her as i know she is going to be heartbroken about it as it looks worse than before it started. Personally i dont think she should pay but my sister says she is to scared to say anything. I just feel like things cant get any worse for mum, she has tried to keep the family together and like normal since dad died but i feel like this might be the last thing to make her crack.. i just wish i could win the lottery and make it all better.

Sorry that has turned into a right ramble! It puts my struggling diet problems into perspective. I just dont know how to get back onto plan :-(. Emx

I had a 100% day yesterday woohoo!! I made spag and meatballs for tea (one of my favourite sw recipes) and i have enough left over for tea tonight to. I havent been able to get out for a walk this week what with the constant rain hopefully at the weekend. Now we are going out today, my oh wants to take sophie into his work to show her off lol which is in grimsby so im going to take a tuna and salad pittabread with me for lunch. I think we will probably stop somewhere to feed sophie her lunch, there is a huge tesco next door to where he works so i imangine we will go there, i hope there restuatant sells muller lights ;-p. Im also off to the bingo tonight, its my monthly outing lol! Emx

Hi debbie, thanks for the support as always :). i went round to check the house yesterday as mum was at work and the floor is just a mess, its taken mum all day/night to clean and she said all the dust keeps re-settling as the tiler didnt polish the grout or bring dust sheets so she said she has another weekend of cleaning ahead. Bingo was fun but we didnt win anything boo. Im really skint at the mo, all the fresh fruit and veg is so expensive!! Ive got the personal shopper at Debenhams again today, hopefully they will be nicer at this one and find me more clothes. My MIL is coming with me to look after sophie. I cant believe im going to be back at work soon, i really dont want to go back lol, this time last year i had just found out i was having a little girl and now shes nearly 7 and half months!
Im going to try something different tonight, attempting to make lamb koftas!

Emx

Sounds like a complete nightmare but hopefully she can get on top of it over the weekend.
How was the personal shopper? Did you get anything nice? When are you back at work? Are you going back full time or part time? xx

well i got totally spoilt today at the personal shopper...MIL came with me to look after sophie and she ended up treating me. Im going back august 2nd :-(, mon-fri 8.30-1.30. Really dont want to but cant afford not to work. I keep hoping i will win lotto xx

Glad you had a good time. :) What did you get?

I am sure once you are back at work that you will find it gives you a good balance and you will love the times you are at home even more! What work do you do? xx

i work for the local goverment, i do admin for childrens services. When i was pregnant i had two jobs, i used to work in a restaurant waitressing and barwork at the weekend! Im not going back though. I got quite a lot of things, jeans, tops, two dresses..just hope they fit for a while lol x

Another good day today!! For the first time ever i had the confidence/self control to turn down cake!! We went into town today to have a nosy and i wanted some shoes to go with my new clothes, anyways sophie needed feeding so we went to debenhams, it was lunchtime and all the cakes and food were calling me but i thought no as soon as we fed soph we were going home and i had homemade soup for lunch! Im so proud, its a big step for me. Ive made lamb koftas for tea tonight, its a ainsley harriott recipe which is totally sw friendly as its only lamb mince (extra lean) with aload of herbs then put onto a skewer then in the oven for 20mins. Im having a ww pitta bread and baked beans plus lots of red onion!! Yum yum. x

Sounds lovely emma, well done on saying no to the cake, sorry to hear your mum is having a tough time too, but at least she has got a lovely caring daughter to look out for her. Lots of love and keep going hun xxx

evening..grr i feel frumpy mummy tonight not yummy! Its dreaded star week and no matter how much water ive drank i feel bloated :-(. Ive been 100% this week but i dont think it will show with it being star week. As you know I didnt go to wi last week, i was just so embarassed..i havent heard off my consultant so I txt her today to apologise and say i will be back tomorrow night as I need the support. I still havent heard from her, nevermind.

I had some dodgy chicken at lunch, i really hope I dont get food poisoning, I had samonella when I was 19 and I was very ill for a month and It was really not nice, I wouldnt be able to look after sophie.

Ho hum another day tomorrow lets hope im less bloated! Em x

Its D-day!! Weigh-in tonight...please let me have lost this week. God i feel so bloated though from star week. Got a nice day planned today, off to have my hair done first thing then meeting a friend for a drink (do not have cake, do not have cake, do not have cake lol) then off shopping! My oh wants a chinese tonight, ive said it depends on outcome, i always have a chicken chowmein so not to bad syn wise. xx

Hi Debbie! My hard work paid off, im 2.5 pounds lighter and have my half stone award!!! If i had gone last week with the gain it would have been 5.5 pounds off but im so happy, I can do it!!! Im still peed about the consultant though, she never replied and when i got to class yesterday she just said hello to me. I dont know what i expect really, maybe a bit more support? I had to pay backfees for last week but there you go, I also bought the curry heaven cookbook..i want to do a mini buffet for my partner and the in-laws..im thinking onion bahjis, samosas, bombay potatos and two currys!! Not making to much work for myself there lol! So back on plan 100%, the only thing stopping me this week is a christening on saturday, the afterparty is a bbq garden party. Im going to have a big lunch and then try not to overindulge myself. I wont drink so I dont have to worry about using syns that way. Em x

woohoo its all looking good for us hun!! I feel so much better, I dont know what it is, whats changed but im not or havent saboteaged myself..ive been to starbucks and debenhams and didnt have cake, ive got chocolate in the fridge and havent eaten it..strange eh! I have opened oreos..normally i would devor the pack but i had yesterday for 5 syns and im going to have 2 today. Heres to a nother half stone award soon! The only thing that could stop me this week is a christening i am going to tomorrow, its a bbq but im hoping there will be some salads etc.
Emx

Well make sure you enjoy the BBQ, just find something low syn. Know what you mean, I am feeling really good about things at the moment, absolutely loving WW and my weight loss has started up again so I am smiling and enjoying the treats I can have on the new plan xxx

tired today zzzzzzzzzzzzz, sophie is on the move and woke up several times stuck in her cot at one point she was sideways! Its fathers day but my partner is at work, going to give him his pressie before we go though. I feel so broody, I dont know why as i have my beautiful daughter but i cant wait to have more!!Hopefully next year we can ttc no 2 when ive lost weight. Looking forward to a roast tonight, my favourite day sunday! I dont feel like im loosing any weight this week, i hate star week it messes everything up even if you eat the right foods. Emx

Back