Emma's dukan diary

Hi Emms, just catching up on the past week or so, i'd missed this thread before.

exciting news - both the dress and the date! it's such a motivation when you fit into a smaller size, and i'm sure you'll find something on the menu that will be suitable. most places are happy to accommodate any special requests - replace chips with broccoli, dressing on the side etc.

Looking forward to hearing all about it after the weekend!

Thank you it really was. Can't wait to wear it. Have a feeling it will fit even better once TOTM has finished.

So today I have eaten

Breakfast - vanilla yoghurt with 1tbsp oatbran plus two little oat bran cakes (works out as 1 tbsp per three)

Snack - cajun chicken breast

Lunch - currently eating a pack of prawns! Yum!!! Will also have another yoghurt and possibly my third oatbran cake.. Or I'll save it for later

Snack - have a baby tin of tuna in brine and a sugar free jelly if my sweet tooth needs satisfying

Dinner - omelete or bacon and eggs (fat cut off - I know some ppl don't eat it but I eat it vary rarely and it's not caused me any probs)

Also for drinks I've had a cup of tea, loads of water and currently have a diet coke.

Stomach cramps and setting in now from TOTM and feeling sorry for myself :( oooo pain!

I've been thinking about making a savoury galette sometime and having it with a poached egg to pretend I'm having poached eggs on toast :s not sure if it will work but worth a try. Anyone else given it a go? X

Loving your dress story - fabulous re size 16! And what motivation having a dress and a date to diet for. For yourself foremost though.

You can make a galette, let it go cold, pop it in the toaster (or under the grill perhaps might be safer) while your geggy is poaching... yum! We'll have tried most things!

I'm a scrambled egg, smoked salmon + muffin girl myself on a Sunday!

Thanks for that maintainer! Will defo give it a go. Can't do it tomorrow as I have my oatbran already planned but may have poached eggs on dukan toast on thurs night! Thanks very much :) x

Well its been a while since I have updated on here.... Thank you again for all of your comments they are really helpful.

So... my period finally came and I feel like I have lost so much weight as I was extremely bloated! Yesterday I felt the slimmest I have ever felt. Really looking forward to weighing myself on Sunday. I shall update when I have!

I've been really good with Dukan the past few days and made myself the lovely Dukan sponge cake last night as I was craving sweetness and hadnt had my oatbran. Unfortunately I have not defrosted any meat for tonights tea (as I forgot) so think i'll be having something with eggs. Not that im complaining, I have very much taken to tuna and chilli omelete.

I have my date tomorrow... im looking forward to it but a bit nervous at the same time. Seen a few posts on here about people not wanting to have dates while they are losing weight and stuff and to be honest I ruled out all of this romance stuff until I had lost my weight. However, I was thinking why should I not give this guy a chance? I may miss out on something special if I was to say no.

Anyways, I shall let you all know how it goes. Off to the pub now for a (non alcoholic) leaving do for my assistant at work. Gonna miss him loads he was brilliant :(

Have a good weekend everyone x

Thanks dukan debut he is was a good worker. It's always sad when someone you work closely with leaves.

I am really annoyed this morning as the guy I was meant to be meeting today has cancelled because he feels too ill. I'd like to point out he cancelled at 7am this morning. This is despite me buying a 62 pound train ticket to Manchester to meet him (I'm in Newcastle and we met wen I was in manc a few weeks ago).

I now dunno what to do as this is the second time he has done this (though last time I hadn't booked my ticket) despite saying how much he is looking forward to seeing me and banging on at me to book my ticket to go down there in the first place!

I don't know him well enough to say he isn't or is messing me around, so do I give him the benefit of the doubt and take him up on his offer of him coming to see me up here soon to ''make it up to you" or do I just forget about it? I'm so undecided because he is so very nice. Men!!! (sorry to any men on here)

Also I'm annoyed because I made sure I could have a PV day today thus missing out on my mam's Sunday dinner tomorrow :( *sighs* I feel like a fool

Hi emmma, No I could have another PP day today I've not eaten yet but that means I would have had three in a row? Is that ok?

Thanks runner, i'm definately not making plans to go down there again. If he wants to see me he can come to me. I left it til the last minute to book this time just incase. Grrr!

yes, that's fine - then you can balance it with three pv days in a row - vegetables sunday - tuesday!

Tut Tut! I think he needs a taste of his own medicine... let him come to see you if he really wants to see you then let him get there and wait for you for an hour and then turn up - he may well think you have done the same to him... then turn up fashionably late and he will probably give some more respect nxt time!! ...... i would do this.... huh am i evil???!

Hope you decide to have a day out anyway so you use the ticket. Sorry he's turned out a bit flakey.

Haha! Thanks for that countdown but I have no will power when it come to this stuff. I do like your evil plan though haha.

Well he has just texted to say he has been sick again and erm... 'it's coming out both ends' (trying not to laugh but cant help it) and I have had a million apologies. Maybe I'll just let him sweat a bit before replying...Mwahahaha

Thanks guys x

Could he have genuinely been poorly both times and hung on until the last minute as he had really not wanted to cancel? Or am I giving him too much benefit of the doubt?

In any case, I think the others are right when they suggest letting him come to you next time. Definitely don't risk being seen as a doormat. If he really does want to see you, he should make the effort, especially since he's already bailed out on you twice.

If he doesn't make the effort, then I'd think that he's probably not worth worrying about.

Sorry to hear that it didn't go to plan.

Hi. Last time he cancelled because he had to play cricket. Though I did have a few days notice. It's ok I've been talking to him today and he keeps apologising saying he will come to me next time and so he shall lol.

Think he is genuinely ill today though.

Anyway on a positive note I have weighed myself today and lost another 7lbs in two weeks so that's a 22lb loss overall! Can't believe it. Think it's because of TOTM last week but still! Wahoooo!!!!

Back