Emma's dukan diary

Sorry for hijacking your thread Emms...

DD can you tell me how you actually freeze your Mullers? I end up with solid and completely inedible lumps when I try!

Thats exactly how I do it too - although on occasion I have eaten it straight from the freezer like a frozen ice drink. Scrape, scrape scrape - very satisfying for me, rather annoying for those around me haha

I must try again-the idea of then really appeals to me. Thanks ladies!

*hands back thread to Emms and scurries away*

Sorry for hijacking your thread Emms...

DD can you tell me how you actually freeze your Mullers? I end up with solid and completely inedible lumps when I try!

Embarrassingly enough, I've never tried it myself! :eek::D

I just thought that it might cheer up poor Emms and soothe her throat.

I'll definately try it thank you. I'd love to still be in bed but I had to come in today as I'm visiting a client in prison. He is gonna love me turning up looking like death lol.

I don't know what to do about food today as I feel like my throat is full of razor blades. On the plus side tho I'm wearing a suit skirt that i couldn't fasten before :) x

Oh no Emms poor you. Though result on the suit, it a great feeling. There's always a silver lining!

I'll definately try it thank you. I'd love to still be in bed but I had to come in today as I'm visiting a client in prison. He is gonna love me turning up looking like death lol.

I don't know what to do about food today as I feel like my throat is full of razor blades. On the plus side tho I'm wearing a suit skirt that i couldn't fasten before :) x

As Teasey said, there's always a silver lining - hurray about that skirt! :D

Sorry to hear that your throat is still so painful, though.

My husband occasionally gets tonsillitis and I've been trying to think of anything he eats or drinks that soothes, but that is also Dukan-friendly.

The only things that come to mind are chilled yoghurts, soft dishes like scrambled eggs and drinking plenty of cool, soothing water.

I really sympathise as I know how awful my hubby feels whenever he has it.

Thanks guys. I went on my visit but back home now. Decided i couldnt stay in work esp with it being so hot having a temperature doesnt help. My boss took me for lunch which was nice but all I could eat was soup... It was broccoli and Stilton. So not technically Dukan friendly because I know Stilton is full of fat but I couldn't eat anything else because of my throat apart from some salmon I had. That was nice and soft and easy to eat. (I left all the bread that came with it too) really hope I haven't ruined my diet by having the Stilton soup. I dunno whether to write this week off until I'm feelin better as I'm hardly gonna b eating anyway. X

Thanks guys. I went on my visit but back home now. Decided i couldnt stay in work esp with it being so hot having a temperature doesnt help. My boss took me for lunch which was nice but all I could eat was soup... It was broccoli and Stilton. So not technically Dukan friendly because I know Stilton is full of fat but I couldn't eat anything else because of my throat apart from some salmon I had. That was nice and soft and easy to eat. (I left all the bread that came with it too) really hope I haven't ruined my diet by having the Stilton soup. I dunno whether to write this week off until I'm feelin better as I'm hardly gonna b eating anyway. X

Whilst the soup wasn't ideal, it sounds as though you had no other choice. Anything with any crunch can be murder on an aggravated throat.

Yeah I know lol. I'm feeling really sorry for myself. I ended up having some ice cream. I know I shouldn't have but i didn't have much and it really really soothed my throat. I know I should regret it but I realdon'tnI because it gave me such relief. I'm struggling to drink water at the minute as it's very harsh on my throat. My tonsils are practically touching each other and my glands are swollen. Managed to have my oatbran today which I'm pleased with.

Urgh I'm just feelin sorry for myself. Like I said I know ive had a couple of disallowed things but i've not eaten anything else so it shouldn't do me too much harm. So annoyed tho as ive done soooo well on dukan and dont wanna let myself and my family down as everyone keeps saying how good I look. They will be disappointed if I ruin it all now. I was three pounds away from losing two stone, I feel really bloated tho like I've put weight on. Will just try and up water when I can swollow it without feeling sick or like I'm swallowing razor blades.

Gonna go to bed now.... 9pm again! Not that it helps as my throat is wors3 during the night. Trying to drink to keep it lubricated with water but so sore. Do u think I'll be allowed throat lozengers?

Sorry for rambling, gonna stay off here for a few days and come back when I have something more interesting to tell you all. Night. Thanks for your comments :) xx

Tonsillitus is horrible! I went through a phase of getting it once a month for about a year and it really got me down. I begged the doctor to let me have them removed, although she didn't agree! Are you on antibiotics though? As painful as it is, i found it did clear really fast once i was on antibiotics. The other thing that helped was to gargle asprin. You don't swallow it, just spit it out afterwards and it takes the edge off the pain. Hopefully you're feeling a bit better today?

Emms, trying again is right - the doctor should be giving you some antibiotics to help with that, particularly as it sounds like a pretty bad flare-up.

You may have to put Dukan on-hold a little because your health is obviously more important. If you can try to keep to the diet as much as poss, that's great - but if your throat is that bad, I'm pretty sure I'd resort to something to soothe it, whether it fits in with Dukan or not.

Thanks. She wouldn't give me any antibiotics as she was nt convinced it was bacterial she thought it was more viral. I'm just drugged up on paracetamol and ibuprofen and feelin a lot better today.

Gonna have scrambled eggs for tea that should be okay.

Thank you for your help :) xx

Try iced water instead of room or tap temp, put ice in it too. Goes down easier. Good luck.

Hi everyone. I am feeling much better today, not just my throat but my aches and pains and fever have gone too :) so, to celebrate I have spent most of my afternoon putting up a wardrobe....

It took me ages and was very sweaty work but I am quite impressed with myself! I've been wanting to get a wardrobe for ages (my landlady seems to think a cupboard under the stairs is acceptable - it probably would b to most ppl but I have really bad arachnophobia so can't even look in it never mind hang all my clothes up in it as when I first moved into my flat it had jst been done out and there were lots of 8 legged visitors!)

I am also proud of myself for moving furniture around my room. Sounds daft but I never move anything or pick anythin off the floor for fear of a spider... It's stupid I know and totally irational but I am quite literally petrified. Everytime I go in a room I scan it with my eyes to check for spiders and have to check my room every night before bed. I have every dark mark in my room noted so if I see it I know it's not a spider.

I realise this is rambling but it took a lot for me to pluck up courage to move my furniture around my room (I usually get my mam to come over to move things)

On the Dukan side of things everything has been ok tho I have hardly eaten as I've been building and refused to stop until I did it.

Feels good to get all that off my chest. On the love life front, just to update... My Manchester boy is gonna come to see me when he gets back of his cruise in July! He better come I am not being stood up again!

Feeling good today. Thanks for listening to my waffle and thanks for all your help over the past few days :) x

Great news! I'm glad you're feeling better!

I'm terrified of spiders, too, so can completely relate to that. Thankfully, mine is a bit better now and I can (mostly) cope with the ones that aren't too big as long as they don't come too mear me. I even used to have very vivid, sleepwalking-type spider nightmares!

Back