Emma's dukan diary

Being attached to a drip isn't much fun, particularly when you suddenly forget that it's there when you're trying to go somewhere! I did that when walking down a hospital corridor once to get to the phone. Someone stopped to talk to me for a moment and then when I turned back around to carry on down the corridor, I almost walked into the metal stand - very embarrassing! :eek:

You must be extremely hungry. Hope they decide what to do soon so you can either get the op over with or get something to eat.

God, Emms, sorry to hear about everything that's been thrown at you lately. You don't do things by halves, do you! From what I've read of your posts you're a strong and positive woman and there are plenty of people who care about you. Sorry, I'm rubbish at this sort of thing, I'm a bloke.

Take care

Mark

Hey dukan debut thanks for your message. God drips are sooo annoying it's doing my head in. Luckily I haven't walked in to it yet! I went to get my phone charger from the girl next to me and had to unplug and drag the damn thing. The good news is they finally decided what to do and i'm having key hole surgery through my belly button! (apparently) Yuck!!!!!! To see what's going on whether it's my appendix or overies or bowl or anything really.

And mark your messge actually made me laugh out loud lol (the part about being a bloke) so thanks for that.

Just watching daytime telly and waiting to put on my lovely theatre gown! Oh yay! X

Sorry to be reading all this Emms, it sounds really bad! Hope they can figure out what's up and get you ship shape again quickly! x

Thank you emma. I've been feeling quite ill for a few weeks now I just didn't realise how bad until now! X

I bet it's almost a relief that they've made a decision. I've never had keyhole surgery, but that should help to make your recovery time much faster, I should think.

Good luck, Emms. Hope it all goes well and that you're feeling much better and back on your feet again soon. xx

Hello everyone. Just to let you know I came out of surgery about 4 hours ago and apart from feeling a bit groggy I feel loads better. I'm soooo tired and keep dozing on and off but thought I'd update minimins. Thank you so much for your nice messages today and over the past week when I haven't been feeling well. They removed my appendix as apparently it was very inflamed. So happy it's not my overies or anything because I was a bit worried about that I have to stay.

My dad, also a dukaner and currently in consolidation, says I should forgot about sticking to dukan for the next few days until I am recovered. My body has been fighting an infection and has been through a lot today so I think I'm gonna up my fruit and veg. I know I'm not allowed fruit but I think it will help me feel a bit better. I'm gonna try and avoid carbs but if the hospital bring round sandwiches again tomorow I'll not be saying no considering I've not eaten since sat evening.

I hope you don't think I'm giving in I'm really not because I wanna stick with Dukan but I need to help my body recover so I think deviation for a few days is inevitable. I will be careful though I don't wanna undo all my hard work :) x

Poor you!!!! Thinking of you, take it easy and just eat if and when you can - to hell with dukan until you're back on your feet!! :)
Ps did you know only rabbits need their appendix...... :) :) xxxx

I'm so glad that you're feeling better, Emms. Definitely concentrate on your health. I must admit that if sandwiches were all that was on offer and I hadn't eaten for such a long time, I'd grab them!

With any luck, you might not have to stray too far from Dukan, but it would be understandable if you had a little semi-break at the moment in the circumstances. I know that some people have gone Conso-style whilst on holiday, so you could maybe do that for the next few days if you need to?

Hiya. I'll prob be doing that. I'm gonna stay with my dad for a few days and his house is full of Dukan friendly things and as he is in consolidation he can make sure I eat ok and get better. It's not like I'm gonna go crazy eating chocolate and pizza and stuff lol.

Ooo they just came round offering breaky. I'm having bacon, egg and tomato. Just gonna leave the fat off the bacon. I'm so excited I've never been so hungry! Lol.

Thank you again everyone for your nice messages :) xx

Hey, don't we appreciate good food on this diet? And of course bad food sometimes too!
You have kept sounding cheerful through all of this Emms, wow, impressive.
Great that your dad won't be pressing the wrong things on you. Hope you get a chance to enjoy being there, you deserve it.

You poor thing. I hope they find out quickly what is wrong with you and you get better soon. Take care of yourself.

Hello!

Thought I'd update you all. I will be spending my 4th night in hospital as my temperature has been too high so they need to check I have no infections. Eee dear. Stomach is less bloated now after all the air they blew into it is escaping through erm... Alternative routes? Lol.

Ended up having turkey dinner last night with mashed potato. The food here is horrible but I need to eat and can't justify leaving half my food because I don't wanna put weight on. I need to build myself up. And it's only for a few days. I'll be back on it when I get out and go to my dads dukan friendly house lol.

My mam is away to California today - she was debating on whether to cancel her holiday because of me but she can't not go! I'm in the best place for me.

I'm sooo tempted to eat some chocolate - just to cheer myself up. I know it's bad but I'm passed the point of caring right now lol. I just wanna be better and go home!!

Hope all is well with my fellow dukaners xx

Hi Emms,
I'm fairly new so I hope you don't mind me posting in your diary :eek:.
I just wanted to wish you all the best for a speedy recovery.
Hey, look on the bright side... what's an appendix weigh? Half a pound maybe?! A loss is a loss! ;)
(sorry just my humour!) :rolleyes:
Take care xx

Hello red heart. Of course I don't mind you posting on my diary! Thanks very much for your well wishes. I'm feeling loads better now just hope I can go home tomorrow! How are you finding dukan so far? X

Oh you poor thing - just caught up with your diary! Shame they couldn't take your tonsils out too while you were under!!

On the positive side, I had a keyhole cholysystechtomy in 2009 and the holes they make do mostly disappear!

Hope they let you out soon so that you can get some decent food inside you.
<big hug>

Thanks mouse. The consultant has seen me this morning and says I should be going home at tea time. I really can't wait I've been in four nights! My stomach isn't as bloated but it's still pretty bad.

My dad is making me liver and onions for tea to try and build me up. I've not stuck to dukan while I've been in here but to be fair I've only eaten the past two days as they were starving me for surgery. Don't plan on doing PP only for a while as I feel I need to get loads of vitamins and goodness in me. And some erm... Fibre. Lol.

Also, this sounds strange but I am missing my oatbran :(

There is a woman on my ward getting a gastric sleeve today. She previously spent 8 grand on a gastric band but ended up putting weight back on. Makes me feel good about dukan and that it's going well!

Back