Emma's dukan diary

Yeah I have had a few bad dreams thinking they were in my bed and had to put my light on and check my bed. It's horrible lol.

Thank you very much for listening to me waffle by the way. It does help. I've just bought a roast chicken from morrisons for lunch. I won't eat the whole thing for lunch but it's really nice. Really wanted the BBQ one but just got normal roast instead. Yum x

Yeah I have had a few bad dreams thinking they were in my bed and had to put my light on and check my bed. It's horrible lol.

Thank you very much for listening to me waffle by the way. It does help. I've just bought a roast chicken from morrisons for lunch. I won't eat the whole thing for lunch but it's really nice. Really wanted the BBQ one but just got normal roast instead. Yum x

I used to make my poor husband check under the pillows and sheets when I had my spider dreams as I was too scared to look myself! :eek: In the end, he found that he could talk to me whilst I was still in my sleepwalking spider nightmares and I'd understand what he was saying. So he eventually asked me how, when it was pitch black at night, could I possibly see a spider. The logic worked on me and stopped my nightmares! :D

Please feel free to waffle away, especially if it helps. And enjoy your chicken! :D

I am soooo pleased im not the only one who does that when they're asleep lol. I thought I was mad!

Had a good day yesterday and today (so far)

For breakfast yesterday I had my usual weekday muller light yoghurt with oatbran and then some beef slices as a snack. For lunch I had butternut squash soup with chicken and had a weird chicken kebaby thing on a squewer as a snack with some tomatoes. was very yummy.

Went to Zumba for an hour and walked home afterwards - my legs were not happy! Then had an amazing 3 egg omelete with tuna, red onions, spring onions, chilli and garlic. I thought id maybe done too many onions but it was tasty. My friend was staying over and made pasta but she was impressed with omelete and commented, "you wouldnt think you were on a diet eating that" lol. That is the beauty of Dukan. For desert I had some quark mixed with sweetner. mmmm.

Moving on to today and I have had a thirty minute walk to work, muller yoghurt with oatbran, chilli and corriander salmon flakes and chicken for lunch. I have sugar free jelly for a snack and a small tin of tuna. Havent quite decided what to do for tea... I am a bit addicted to omeletes at the moment I love them! Though I have a mackerel fillet I may induldge on. Planning a walk home too although there is a very big black cloud emerging over Newcastle and I have no coat or umbrella *sighs*

Overall having a good few days but could literally not stop peeing last night or today. Seriously I was up every hour during the night and peeing for like 5 minutes at a time. I drank loads of water yesterday and drank even more during and after zumba. At least it helps my kidneys!

It's great to read how you're naturally combining exercise with your diet. Were you active before?

Ooh interesting. I'd love to do Zumba but it's on the same time as my dance class. I was tempted to get It for the Wii but I didn't think it would be as good...

It's brilliant. I started going last July though my diet since then kind of negated the exercise lol. Tho since I've been on dukan it's really helped.

When I first started my instructor told me you burn up to 1000 calories per hour - obv that depends on how much effort you put into it. I'd defo recommend it. I'd love it for the wii too!!!

Maintainer I did do quite a lot of exercise last year after Xmas and managed to lose weight over three months but then I went to New York and well.... Ate a lot lol. Then my grandad died a few days after I got back to england and that through me off course and then a few months later my grandma passed away. So last year was horrific and whilst I don't blame the events of last year for my major weight gain it did totally eliminate my motivation for exercise/healthy eating and given that i'm a bit of an emotional eater i undid all my hard work and put on even more weight. So, I am making an consious effort to up my activities as I never want a repeat of last year :) x

I'm sorry to hear about your losses... It's true that we need to find "other" ways of showing our sadness, happiness, anger, frustration, happiness (you can see that I've never figured out what makes me "EAT"...), but being slimmer and active really does change one's life for the better as you're already finding.

Keep it up!

You're giving great support and advice to new people too which is much appreciated!

I soooo cannot stop peeing these past few days. Off to the cinema tonight so gonna see if I can sit near the isle... sad I know lol

Tomorrow is Friday! Yaaaay!!!

Had a good day today walked into work and food consisted of:

B - muller light with oatbran
L - chilli and corriander salmon
S - (before bodytone class) lean ham with garlic and herb cream cheese (extra light frm tesco - same as extra light Philly so tolerated)
D - three egg chilli and garlic omelete with prawns with a yoghurt jelly desert

So I went to bodytone tonight. I used to go last year and it was really good but haven't been for ages. It's a 45 min class which consists of cardio then lunges and squats, weights to tone arms and then floor mats! Hello abs!!! Then to top it all off I walked home. I will definately be going back!

I'm hoping that my daily hours walk with zumba once a week will help keep my weight loss steady and bodytone once a week (and zumba to a lesser extent) will help with toning as I shrink in size. Well it can't hurt!

Sooo excited for Saturday it's my friends wedding. I have planned a PV day and worked out I can eat everything except desert which is... Wait for it.... Brady snap baskets and belgian chocolate!!! Don't know how I will resist but I fully intend to! Wish me luck lol x

Can you show us a link to your garlic and herb cream cheese please? (If nothing else, it might give us some ideas!!). Remember, even when tolerated, you're only allowed a small amount.

As for your friend's wedding, it's great that you're looking ahead... is your handbag a decent size? Would you be comfortable having your own dessert IN your bag to bring out at the crucial time? (If not, pop a sugar free gum in your mouth and have a long drink of water!)

Good luck! Excellent work with the body tone + walking!

That is a brilliant idea! I may take a pot of sugar free jelly to have! Thank u! I didn't even consider doing that!

I'll get the details for my cheese and post it up in the main thread. I left the tub at wrk so will check today and let u know x

I often have lunch at a Dukan friendly self service type place, but the protein portion is meagre so I always have a spare piece of salmon to plop surreptitiously onto my plate! hihi!

I always travel with food too - "in case". Had I been a war baby, you'd understand, but the fear of hunger is obviously high in my mind!

I'm a bit like that I like to make sure I have things incase I'm hungry.

Just weighed myself and stayed the same this week. It's TOTM and the end of the day so I'm not disappointed. Will weigh again in the morning. Plus I did have my ice cream and Stilton soup when I had tonsilitis which was not allowed... So I accept my punishment!

My PMT is through the roof today and this has just made me worse! Grrrr!!! X

Hey all,

So had a good day at the wedding yesterday and managed to avoid all the things I shouldn't eat like bread, mash, roast tatoes and stuffing (mmmm stuffing) Oh and the brandy snap basket!!!! Only bad thing was the pork in a pork sandwich (I left the bread) and some icing off the cupcakes that made up the wedding cake! At least I didn't eat the cake they looked soooo nice.

The best part of yesterday was having ppl, like the bride who I haven't seen since her hen party, tell me that I looked like I'd lost weight and looked really good. And even better, just checked out some pictures on facebook that my friends had taken of me and it's the first pics I've seen since starting dukan. I can totally see a difference I can't believe how good I look, if I can say that without sounding big headed??

Saw my dad again today who is doing well on consolidation though really needs to buy himself some clothes that fit!!! Lol Anyway he told me I looked 'a lot slimmer' even tho the scales did not agree... Hmmm. I do believe the scale issue to be a result of ladytime. On the plus side of things tho my PMT has gone and I've just indulged in another of morrisons whole chickens - this may become a regular occurance on a Sunday! X

Had a goooood day!

Breakfast - 3 x dukan cakes with a muller yoghurt and the rest of my oatbran allowance

Snack - tin of tuna in brine

Lunch - two chicken breasts

Snack (before zumba) - salmon flakes

Dinner - nandos so had more chicken lol, took the skin off.

Pudding - quark mixed with sweetner! Yum!

Drinks - one diet coke and god knows how much water drank about a ltr just during zumba lol

So I walked to work today, did zumba for an hour and walked back!! So all together that's two hours exercise one of which was high intensity. I put extra effort into zumba tonight and really felt exhausted but brilliant after. Was really sweating. Had such bad stomach cramp but zumba sorted that out lol.

I am currently eating a ham salad sandwich made with dukan bread. I am so happy right now. Everyone is curious as to how I made it and can't believe I did it in the microwave. Yum x

I haven't yet managed decent bread, but then I like my muffins too much!! 2 days ago I saw you had tuna in brine - I would try and get the one in spring water if I were you.

Aw yeah the brine is salty. I always drain it though. I can't seem to get the springwater mini tins anywhere :(

Back