Emma's journey to becoming a slim bride *09/08/13*

2lb loss this week. I was hoping for 3 but I'm still happy with it :D

Brilliant! That's half a stone in 2 weeks isn't it? That's what I'm aiming for next week. What a fantastic start :D

How's your week going so far? Mines been OK, one or two slip ups but nothing too bad. I'm going to a party at the weekend and I think that'll be a bit of a test. I'm going to try my best to stick to diet coke :/

Last edited:
My week's going ok. Doesn't feel like I'm doing as well as last week but when I look at my food diary I realise I am doing ok, haven't gone over my points allowance. I've also be doing some hand weight exercises most days so that might help.

Good luck with the party. Maybe you could allow yourself a few 'good' drinks, slip a little something into your diet coke lol! That way you might enjoy it more and feel like you haven't denied yourself.

Well the party was great. I decided to drive so I did actually stick with diet coke. I wasn't so good with the food though and had quite a few goodies that I probably shouldn't. Got straight back on the wagon this morning though and Im going to aqua fit twice this week to try and make up for it.

Glad to hear your weeks been OK Laura :) I look forward to hearing about you hitting your half a stone mini goal this week :) x

Quite looking forward to this weeks weigh in. Apart from Saturday evening, I've had a good week and I'm hoping It shows on the scales.

I had my weigh in this morning and lost half a pound. Not quite the 2 I was hoping for but still in the right direction. 5.5lb in 2 weeks is still very good for me :)

Good luck for your WI x

Wow that's fab! Well done you. Do you have mini goals as well as your main one? Maybe you could treat yourself to something once you get to a stone? X

My mini goals are to get into the next weight bracket.. so into 16's then 15's etc. I have 2 more lbs to get into the 15's and then I might treat myself to a little something :)

My sister (also my chief bridesmaid) is coming to visit next week and she wants to come look around the reception hotel. If I loose 2lb next week I'll treat us to afternoon tea. (We're having afternoon tea as our wedding breakfast so It's important to make sure the food tastes nice eh :p )

Last edited:
That sounds like a great treat and it is research for the wedding lol!

I'm really proud of how I've done so far this week, especially yesterday as I was at a conference with a buffet for lunch and then had a night out last night. I was good at the buffet and stick to vodka and diet coke all night so only went over my daily points by 2! Hoping for a nice weight loss this week fingers crossed!

How has your week been?

You sound like you've had a great week Laura :) Well done on being good at the buffet and for also sticking to diet friendly alcoholic drinks. How did your weigh in go this week?? I hope your hard work has paid off.

I've had a good week too, I've been working loads so that kept me busy. I lost 2lb which im very happy with so I had my afternoon tea (which was fantastic). I've also been naughty and had a few naughty BBQ bits this evening and some chocolate. I did go to aqua zumba this morning and had a good swim so hopefully that'll compensate for some of my naughtyness.

I went into my first bridal shop today too. I didn't try anything on because I want to loose more weight first but I had a fab time. My sister had fun trying on a few bridesmaid dresses which was great but Im so freaked out by the prices lol

Last edited:
I lost 1.5lb this week so got my first half stone sticker at WW :) I'm staying at my sister's this week which I thought might pose a problem but so far it's been fine as she's supportive and let's me work out the points before we decide what to eat!

Well done on losing another 2! I know what you mean about not wanting to try on dresses yet. I'm going to wait until next summer at least as my wedding is the year after. I have started looking online though and have a picture on my phone of my 'perfect' dress...for the moment that is, I'll probably change my mind a lot before the wedding lol!

Aqua zumba sounds fun!! I love rumba but never seen any aqua zumba classes advertised, what's it like? I imagine it to be quite difficult in water lol!

Well done on your loss and getting your half a stone sticker :D That's fab.

Aqua zumba was quite hard because the moves are so fast and I don't have enough time before we go on to next move.I found I was aimlessly flapping quite a lot lol I think I'll stick to aqua areobics from now on.

Sounds interesting...think I'll stick to normal zumba lol!

I've had a really good week last week. I was away staying with my sister all week so was a bit worried about sticking to the plan. It turned out to be fine though, I just tracked what I was eating and tried to be good. Then I had to change from the morning class to the evening class for weigh-in this week as I've started a new job. I was worried I might have stayed the same or put on because of my week away and getting weighed on the evening (when you weigh more!!) but was over the moon when I got on the scales and had lost half a pound! That means I've lost every week so far, a total of 7.5lb :)

How has your week been?

Well done on your loss, that's fab :D I know what you mean about weighing in the evening, I always weigh myself as soon as I get up because I seem to be be about 2lb heavier later on.

My week has been abut up and down tbh. I had a 2lb loss today but I don't think I deserved it really. I had the afternoon tea last week and pizza and other rubbish on Saturday. I've also been eating loads in work. :/ I have 2 jobs, my regular job is in a shop but I work casually as a house keeper with my Mum. In this job I get fed at breakfast and lunch and I have no will power while im there. I've done 4 days there this week and the work always makes me so hungry. I do think I must burn it off cleaning but I always feel guilty having a big lunch there rather than the soup I normally have at home.I'm back there tomorrow and I'm going to try my best to have light meals.

Urgh. The last month I've been on and off the wagon. Not sure what sort of damage I've caused, around 8lb I think :/

Back to it again.

16st 8 this morning.

I'm really annoyed with myself, I do well for a few weeks and then mess it all up.

The kids are back on Wednesday, hopefully getting
back into routine will help me along.

Back