Emma's shrink....a bit of everything to get the weight off...

WHOOP WHOOP :-D :-D :-D
My girlie is back!!! I was so excited today when you texted me and told me you was coming back too CD!! I sat telling my Mum, talking about us and the diet like we have been pals for years!! Hahahaha :)

As for this tail between your legs - What is this for???? You should be bloody proud of yourself that you have decided to do cd again!! I for one am very proud of you chick :) I know you'll have great results, and after your first weigh in on Monday, you know its going to spur you on :-D

Ohhhhhh I'm so excited, the troops are back :-D
You can take full responsibilty of driving the nutty train, gosh I am glad too have a passenger back, it sure was lonely being the only loner on the nutty train :-D

SKINNY TOWN HERE WE COME :-D :-D

Let me know how you get on tomorrow girlie, lots of love chick xxxxxxx

Emz :) welcome back! please drive the train I am happy to sit back and enjoy the view. I can't do cd at the mo for medical reasons but I am still trying to loose weight so i'm staying on the train and doing it the more scenic route.. hope you gals don't mind me still hitching a ride :)

thank you so much girlies...................

well day 1 is nearly over. gonna have an early nite. been 100% today woohoo and drank bout 3 litres water. so onwards to day 2. not much else to update im afraid. im shattered my eyes are closing as i nwrite this. will heck in and post more ove3r hte weekend. nite nite girlies luv ya's xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey all,

well here i am. Tail between my legs.

Why? Beck said pick two diets -- and one isn't working for whatever reason, then nmove on to the other one. You have done just what Beck recommends. Great Decision! You didn't quit.

Think i gave up on cambridge a bit too hastily.

It is good to try -- at some point we all need to learn how to manage food.

Been doing ww propoints but i just cant seem to get to grips with the portion control so im back to get a little self discipline and keep rereading beck to get my ass in gear for when its time to come off cd.

Portion control is a big part of my problem -- that and a diet that is way too high in carbs. I bought some Rosemary Conley portion pots and I measure almost everything.

Im about 12st 12lbs at the mo so my target is 30lbs, that will get me to 10st 10lbs which is just perfect for me i reckon. So here i go again, went to see cdc today and got enough to do me till monday as that will be my usual weigh in day.

My DH has lost 30 pounds since January 2nd. And he has been doing the Cambridge diet -- I am sure you will be able to lose the weight by early summer. With the days longer and warmer the time will fly.

Hope u are all good, think ill take over the driving of the nutty train for a wee while if u dont mind. Need serious motivation.....toooooot tooooot xxxxxxx

Please do...

Hi Emz -- Glad to hear that you are hanging in there and moving right along. I am doign the same... my losses are slow but fairly steady and although I am not going to be at goal for my trip to the U.S. -- I am determined to do my best whilst I am away, and then get back at it asap after I return.

MM

OOOOOOHHH....WHEN DID WE GET A 'LIKE' BUTTON..???
HOW COOOOOOOL!!!!!!

evening all,

well i went off plan at the weekend. a few things happened and i just had to get the weekend over me before starting again. and because i hate starting diets on a monday, i am restarting tomorrow morning. went to cdc today and i even lost a lb lol since last wednesday so its not too bad. so thats it, i got 2 weeks worth of packs as cdc is on hols next monday which is my only day off so i am determined so much to have a fab loss when i see her next. woooohooooo.....here i go again...!!!! toot tooot ladies. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

how-to-draw-a-steam-train-10.jpg

I'm with you Em! Let's get rolling! :)

MM

cor blimey mel thats some train lol TOOOOOOT TOOOOOOT !!!!! XXXXXXXX

Oh Emz, I have got something soooooooooo funny to tell you!! I have gotta text you!! Hahahaha xxxxxx

Back for the 3rd and final time.....

hey all,

well as the title says i am back again for the 3rd and final time. had a weeks supply of shakes and bars left over from last time that i didnt use. so i started this morning and had a good day so far. im going to juggle between ss and ss+ as if theres a day i feel i need a little extra then i can without the guilt of going off plan.
so today ive had 2 shakes and im going to have a bit of chicken now and then a bar later on with a cuppa.

ive decided that this will be the last time i attempt this diet. and if i dont succeed i will not be restarting. have messed about with it too many times. i have no plans for the next 3 weeks and then i am away to dublin overnight for bon jovi concert so will have 2 days planned break. then if all goes well between now and then i will get straight back on plan until i reach goal.

so my starting weight is 13st 3lbs. i weighed myself last nite. so i have 45lbs to lose to get me to 10st. thats my goal. i dont mind how long it takes. but i do know that with cd if u follow it properly it does come off quickly. i lost my first stone in 2 weeks last time around so heres hoping.

will be heading to bed early tonight. fuzzy headache seems to have kicked in a day early. although totm arrived today so could be that too. oh roll on ketosis....

hope u girlies (and guys) have been keeping the nutty train going in my absence lol. im back on the train now and will NOT be getting off until destination skinny...!!! haha

much love xx

Heey Emma u had your chicken yet? Glad you've done well and can put day 1 behind us again..!

Well done chuck xx

Heey Emma u had your chicken yet? Glad you've done well and can put day 1 behind us again..!

Well done chuck xx

thanks hunny yeah had my piece of chicken, then had a hot bath and then made a cup of tea and had my bar. heading to bed shortly. day 1 is in the bag....woohooo. well done on ur restart too babes xxx

thanks hunny yeah had my piece of chicken, then had a hot bath and then made a cup of tea and had my bar. heading to bed shortly. day 1 is in the bag....woohooo. well done on ur restart too babes xxx
Good girl Em I'm in bed watching tv.. I Want bars just can't trust myself just yet.!
Day 2 will be easier won't it.. Are u ss+ then? X

Yay well done on day 1! I weighed in on my own scales this morning as 13st 2 and a half so we are almost identical. My goal is 9st 7 though. Here's to day 2! :)

Hi Emz :) nice to see you. Good luck and well done for getting through day 1. toot toot :):)

thanks sarah. good to hear from ya. how are you getting on? are u on cd at the mo?? xx

Yay well done on day 1! I weighed in on my own scales this morning as 13st 2 and a half so we are almost identical. My goal is 9st 7 though. Here's to day 2! :)

wow thats sooo wierd. im aiming for 10st as im quite a big frame with broad shoulders and would prob look ill if went any lower than that lol. day 1 happily in the bag woohoo. xxx

Ive never been that skinny so don't know what I'd look like at 10 stone so just went for 9 and a half cos I'd like to say I'm in the 9 stone range haha!

Ive never been that skinny so don't know what I'd look like at 10 stone so just went for 9 and a half cos I'd like to say I'm in the 9 stone range haha!

yeah i know what u mean. like if i get to 10stone and think i could go another bit then i would try. even 9st 13lb would be nice. then i could still be nearer 10st but also be able to say i was 9 something hahaha xxx

yeah i know what u mean. like if i get to 10stone and think i could go another bit then i would try. even 9st 13lb would be nice. then i could still be nearer 10st but also be able to say i was 9 something hahaha xxx
That's what I'm doing 10 stones will do me fine.. But saying your in the 9's sounds fantastic lol.. 9.13.5 will do me fine ha x

Hi Emz --

I am so glad you are back!

I was kind of sad to read that if it doesn't work this time you're done. I hope that you mean that you're done with CD, but not with trying to lose some weight and be healthier.

Thanks to Shanny (in my case), I am using the Beck book to help me stick my food and fitness plans. I cannot recommend it enough. A lot of other people on this forum are also using it.

One of the things Judith Beck talks about in her book -- is the need to have a back up diet. In other words, if the one you are using is no longer working for you, then you change it up -- but do not quit.

Because of this advice (I think) a lot of people on the CD forum moved on to CC, SW, WW, SB, etc. but they haven't quit and many of them have done well. Some took a break by using a different plan and then moved back to CD.

I took a couple of months break from "trying to lose weight" after I reached a bmi of 25. I stayed there through two holidays and a few weeks after I returned from those. But, then I struggled to get back into my Food and Fitness programme (as I wanted to go back to losing and reach my goal) and gained three pounds. So, now I am technically overweight again. *sigh*

The gain was enough to stop the bad food behaviour, but it took this week's STS (no loss) to spur me back to working out (yesterday was my first day). Hopefully, I will show my usual small 1 to 2 pound loss next Monday.

It is hard to not to think about how "had I not taken a break I would be nearly a stone lighter now" which means I'd be at my "ideal weight" of 133 and working on maintaining. But, I think we are both ready to do this now.

Anyway, I have visited a WW meeting (a week ago) and will visit a SW meeting tomorrow morning... because this time if I cannot stick to my CD810/1000 (and per Beck I am planning and writing everything down), then I will need to make a change to something that might work.

A lot of us have moved over to the Gold Members thread and started new diaries. JanelleKay asked to have her original diary moved over and they moved it for her. This was Alli's (Herewego) thought, as we were a bit uncomfortable posting on the CD forum when a lot of us were no longer using CD.

You need 1500 posts to view the Gold Forum, but a lot of us joined some games on the chit chat and upped our posts very quickly.

I'll keep popping in here and checking on you. I have really missed your upbeat "Nutty Train" posts!

Mel

Back