Em's diary

Bless you mouse, thanks for thinking of me. I've just been flat out all week so far, but should be calming down a bit now.

Nice to hear from you - HAVE FUN on Sat!! You DESERVE it!

It is quite a novel feeling to walk into a shop and think 'I can try on anything I like, nearly any cut...' so take your time and make most of it!
I did a few 'trying on' sessions for slinky evening dresses before Christmas, just for fun, as I had no realistic intention to buy :D:D and it was fun, even on my own.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with that Anja - after years of buying what I can get into, shopping is a real novelty, although I am still a bit prone to just buying stuff without trying it on and then finding it is too big!

Oh Emma, that's fabulous. Size 10. WOW! Your commitment really is paying off, and your weight is fabulous!

How long until holiday? Will you start Conso before?

Oh I agree wholeheartedly with that Anja - after years of buying what I can get into, shopping is a real novelty, although I am still a bit prone to just buying stuff without trying it on and then finding it is too big!

Hmm... I can see that I'll have to do with you what my OH does to me. I choose two sizes often in what I try on and come and show him. Too often in changing rooms we look down at our problem area and don't look at ourselves "properly".

I'll be your other pair of eyes if you bring a "wad" with you ;)

Cheers Jo, and to think some of the clothes i recently dontated to my neighbour were 18s too - amazing stuff!

I doubt I'll get to conso before holiday, so my plan is to take the oatbran, and try and be as protein heavy as possible. If i desperately want somthing i'll have it but i will ask myself the question first, and will try and stick to pv as much as possible. i'll then assess any damage when i come back and get the last few pounds off then with a concerted and very strict effort.

My shopping companions will be keeping me on the straight and narrow on saturday, it's such a strange feeling looking for clothes that are totally different to what i used to buy (clothes to 'hide' in) but i'm really excited about it now, can't believe it's still only thursday - stoopid 5 day weeks!

These are me in the aforementioned dress :D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110512_143026.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110512_143026.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 59
  • ForumRunner_20110512_143142.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110512_143142.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 70
Oh wow you look fabulous! :woohoo:Congratulations.
You definitely can go into any shop now and pick whatever you like!
Or do the 'ohh this is too big have you got it in a smaller size?' ;);)

And after that effort & result you do deserve a massive treat!

Emma - you are GORGEOUS!!! I love red and that outfit fits you beautifully. Teeny tiny waist!

Go spend! You deserve it!!

Thanks very much everyone, though I still say that I would never have been so successful on this diet if it weren't for the support and encouragement of everyone on here, so even though i've said it before -

THANKS!!!

:grouphugg:

Wow, wow, wow, Em! You look incredible and the red really suits you! (Pity you can't pinch that outfit from your aunt.)

It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to buy lovely clothes again and to be spoilt for choice. You've still got some nice slim curves left, too - which I do miss as I have to buy a different type of clothes now because my body type has changed so much. Wish I had your bust! Your waist does indeed look tiny.

You must be absolutely thrilled!

Can't wait to hear how your shopping trip goes and what you end up with. We'll be expecting a full report!

don't worry dd, you'll get one i promise!

well what an ego boost from you all - i was a bit overwhelmed by it all really, but your comments are lovely, :D
Back to posting menus anyway, forgot i had hair appointment after work today, and was quite peckish this morning so polished off my galette before remembering i was supposed to save some for pre hairdressers as dinner would be later than usual, so the yoghurt quota is higher than it might normally be, but was all i had left to draw from the fridge.

B: cinnamon galette
L: quarter seafood quiche, quarter yoghurt cake
S: small bowl greek yoghurt
D: 1/3 roast chicken, fillet roast salmon, bowl greek yoghurt with some toffee muller on top

I'm like you DD... lost any curves which might previously have been in the right place...

Have a lovely shopping trip Em...

Ha ha visions of a 'pour and set' sculpting procedure come to mind :D:D:D:D Melt the fat and stick it back to where you want it (says she of rounded belly and flat chest!!)

i love that idea anja, my oh thinks there's nothing left of my boobs, but there's still plenty left - it's just that they go completely flat unsupported!

Today should have been a nice relaxing quiet ish day, but just went manic - am so glad it's the weekend.

B: half cinnamon galette
L: about half a chicken in bbq sauce
D: fillet roast salmon, half pack king prawns, chicken breast, fillet smoked mackerel
S: bowl greek yoghurt with toffee muller on top

Looking fab, Emma. Hope you have a great shopping trip:D.

well shopping was fab, what was expected to be about 4 hours in town turned into a full day. we didn't find an outfit for my brother's wedding in august, but there's still time, and i've a better idea of what i'm looking for now. came back with underwear, holiday stuff (including a bikini), work clothes and new casual wear too. am definitely a 10 both top and bottoms, and one (very baggy) top from next came away with us in a size 8(!!!) also have discovered the magic of clothes shopping on ebay - now i'm confident of sizing i've no problems looking for stuff on there and had no idea of the bargains to be had. will have to reign myself in a bit, or i'll end up spending a fortune, but so far i've bought jeans, trousers, tops and shoes on there and am now eagerly awaiting my deliveries :D

am looking forward to getting up and getting dressed in the morning now!

absolutely shattered when i got in yesterday, and been busy today too, so sorry i've not been around, but should be able to call in plenty this week hopefully. anyway, menus for the weekend:

yesterday:
B: cinnamon galette
L: chicken salad
D: roast chicken with green veg, celeriac chips and bbq sauce
S: sweetened greek yoghurt with half a toffee muller

today:
B/L: quarter cinnamon galette, 1/3 roast chicken
S: rest of galette
D: 200g turkey & 100g prawns in luc lac marinade, quarter yoghurt cake
S: sweetened greek yoghurt with half vanilla muller

Back