Encouraging Myself!

Happy Hump Day!
Tonight is zumba for me and I'm looking forward to it, despite the bright red sweaty mess that comes out of it at the end, I get a real kick out of going along and joining in, I'm not great, but I love it!

We had a bit of an old clothes trying on fest last night, My OH has a pile of too big shirts to take to the charity shop next month and I managed to get into the skirt of a skirt suit I've had languishing in the wardrobe. I also got into the jacket (size 20!) and did it up, but it's a little bit snug, the "ladies" don't help with that.

I'm going to try on my jeans at the weekend, or maybe next week, and see how much overhang there is!

Emotionally I'm in a much better place than I was last week, still a bit up and down, but nowhere near as weepy, so fingers crossed I'll have a better rest of the week, and hopefully something to look forward too in the shape of a weekend away soon :)

How is everyone else?

Gosh Beccus you really are doing brilliantly! Resisting those treats at the seaside must have been tough, but hopefully you're back in ketosis now where it is all so much easier to resist. Congratulations on getting back into those smaller clothes too. That jacket will soon be fine too! As you lose, I'm sure you'll find your confidence grows too.

Well done!

Becuss your doing fantastic xxx I do love Dukan xxx

Thanks gang!

I went to a networking event tonight which had a buffet. Resisted the urge to have anything! Rewarded myself with with rhubarb and vanilla yoghurt when I got home!

Weigh in tomorrow! First one in my 50lb before Christmas challenge! Hoping to go enough down to be under 16st!!

Happy Thursday xx

Go Girl, Go Girl xxx fingers crossed

I've really enjoyed reading your diary. I think you have done super well and you seem really motivated. I have lost 30lb on slim and save. I started at the start of Feb but had to stop mid April for an operation. I have just restarted this week. Thankfully I only gained 4lb over the weeks I was not dieting. I'm just getting back into it mentally today... it usually takes my head a while to catch up with what I'm trying to do lol! I'm a little worried as we are on holiday next week, so no sooner than I get into the plan it looks like I'll be off it for a few days (be i'll try to not go overboard on the food!) before I have to get back on it again..... I don't know how good an idea it was to restart before our holiday but I really just felt the need to start again....

Anyhow, enough about me...... Thanks for sharing.... keep typing because I'm coming back for more!!

Thanks mini mouse! That means the world to me!

I'm learning to be kind to myself, celebrate the wins and not kick myself about little stumbles, I'm not perfect and in order for this to stick it needs to fit into my life, not the other way round.

I hope you have a fabulous holiday, and enjoy every minute of it!

B x

Happy Monday all, I've started the week in a good place. My stats show I'm now under 16stone, which is a-mazing! I'm coming up on having lost 2 stone on dukan and almost 10% of my original start weight!
I have eaten well over the weekend, we found an amazing tagine recipe that fits happily into a PV day and I made the chocolate mousse again (does anyone know why it goes runny?!) as well as having a (disappointing) carvery yesterday. My friend visited too, and she noticed the loss, which is nice!

Had friends over friday night and spent a happy hour playing badminton, we keep joking about starting an adult youth club, and it felt very much like the start of it!! We even went to the park and played on the swings, happily regressed to 16 I think! It was so much fun and not a drop of alcohol was consumed, or necessary, though the boys did joke about taking a bottle of white lightening to the park!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Well done beccus fab post, your on a roll.................but keep away from the white lightning xxx

wow! what an inspiration. I stumbled across your diary whilst looking for new recipes. You have lost nearly 10% of your body weight, new mini goals need to be set :)

Weigh in this morning takes me down to 219.6!!
I've lost just over 26lb... so close to that 28lb mark... next week I hope!

No zumba class next week, which I'm actually disappointed about! Ah well, we can still walk or play badminton.

Food wise we're doing ok, we've been slipping up a little bit with evening snacking, we've fallen back into the habit a little bit, nothing non-dukan, but still, this is one of the habits we'd both really like to curb.
How is everyone else doing?

Not as good as you atm. Im strggling to shift my holiday pounds..........But congratulations you and oh and doing fantastic xxx

Great Quote xxx

But look how far you've come!
I also posted a comment on my friends blog that I wanted to share here:
Learn to be kind to yourself, don’t beat yourself up for a transgression, celebrate every goal and milestone and remind yourself how well you are doing!

fab words glad you joined our little dukan family x

I second that xxx

THank you beautiful ladies!
i'm glad i joined too.

We had a gorgeous weekend here in Norfolk and I felt like OH and I really made the most of it.
Took ourselves for a walk along the coast yesterday, and had ice cream. I've come to the conclusion that these little treats are ok - I know they aren't ok in terms of dukan - but for us, a little something like that will slow the weight loss a bit, but feels worth it, and stops the gigantic crash when we can't hold any more. Does that make sense?

We also went to see Despicable Me 2, and we didn't eat anything!! First time at the cinema without the works. Very pleased, and the film was brilliant.

A few ounces off this morning, we're determined to make sure we walk every day this week and I am upping my water intake to try and give a little boost again.

How was everyone else's weekend?
xx

Back