EPISODE VI - SS'ing 7 Day Challenge

Morning everyone, how are we all today? I went to my cousins wedding yesterday and did as I expected, ate, drank and was merry. I did attempt to just have protein but my auntie saw me removing the bread from the chicken and gave me such a telling off. I honestly felt like a five year old who had faddy eating issues! All in all had a great day. My new cousin in law has some extremely good looking young men on her side of the family so spent a few hours having a good old flirt and some dancing.

Anyway all the fun is now over and I'm getting my head back in the game and sole sourcing 100% from now until christmas.

Hannah are you feeling any better love?

Right I'm defo back!!! Given myself such a slap for :eatdrink023:everything in sight since Saturday. I can't even bring myself to get on the scales to see the damage. Figured I could fix it a bit before I step on:sigh:. So I pledge to stick to SS or 790 until I go to NY. I will drink drink drink water and only water until Xmas. I will be slim! I will be slim!

Hubbie rated me a 7 for appearance (v long story about how that came about so I won't bore you with the detail) anyhoo not only did I get 7 (which isn't that bad) but he only related it to my weight/size. He wasn't being mean (just a bit dim as they are poor thing he was like a rabbit it the headlights when he realised what he'd said!!! LOL) BUT it did make me take stock of myself. So next stop skinnyville!! Vx Good luck gals

Afternoon all, hope you are all getting on ok today and that some of you are feeling better. I did fine yesterday, got through 3 litres of water, had my tetras and my 790 meal, was tempted by potatoes that the rest of my family had for dinner but I ignored them despite how great they looked, hope I can do as well today.

Ive been thinking about my plan for over Christmas today. Ive worked out that I will do 790 till 4th Dec, so that gives me 6 weeks to lose as much as I can with no cheating. Im hoping to be 10.5 stone by then? I will then move up to the 1000 plan for 10 days, then 1200 plan over Christmas and New Year. Im hoping this way I will do minimal damage over the Holiday Season and my body will hopefully be a bit more prepared for Xmas lunch etc, rather than 790 up till Xmas day and then have a blow out and gain lots. Start of Jan I will then see how much I weigh and decide whether to stick at the higher plans or move down to 790 again to lose a bit more?

Afternoon all!

Lenny - yes, Jason (Hubby) is doing this with me, although I have done 2 weeks on my own! He hasn't had his first week weigh in yet (that will be next Tuesday - 9 days in).

Someone had cooked bacon sandwiches yesterday at work and the smell was drifting downstairs into my office - argh!!! I did manage to avoid temptation, but golly was it hard!!!
Today, it is someone's birthday and as is tradition, he has brought 50 doughnuts in and a lemon drizzle cake that his wife made!!! I don't like doughnuts anyway (too much sugar on the outside for me!!), but the cake smells divine so yet another day of avoiding the kitchen!!!

I have just made a start on my 3rd litre of water and just slowly swigging on a coke zero - I can't drink it as quickly as I used too!!!

I feel great today, dispite the food lying around me!!! Jessica (Daughter) slept really well for the first time in what feels like months, so I feel fantastic - ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!!

Afternoon all, I'm doing ok today so far.

I have had a battle with Mrs CB who wanted to go to the shop to buy more Grab-its but being called into the MDs office for a chat about my opinion on certain things put paid to that thank goodness! Besides I'm freezing and don't wanna go out there!

So I have had 2 (or is it 3?) packs so far, and as I'm allowing myself 4 if I need, I'll be alright.

I have a confession to make that I ran out of bars last week and have been eating Atkins bars. I wonder whether they have been having this detrimental effect on me and making me crave food??? Not really considered it till this morning.

Nikki, WM do only have packs - no bars. They believe there is so much sh!te in the bars that you should have a piece of chicken (or maybe a Grab-it instead ;)). I don't entirely agree on the basis of the ease of the bars, but I can understand the principle.

There is a variety of flavours - 13 in all between soups and shakes, but I can't remember all the flavours off the top of my head!

Hope eveyone else has a great afternoon, and I hope I don't get buried too deeply under this pile of paper on my desk!

I'm not having too bad of a day today, eaten a bit of chicken (but that is allowed) and had 1 bar and a bit of a tetra... Mrs CB is trying to talk me into eating today!!

Love

Ignore your chatterbox Nikki, do not feed her cos she will just get louder!

Hope everyone is ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajoyner
Do you all mind if I join in here.. I'll take the pledge as I'm beyond ready to get this thing done and over with! I've been trying to lose weight since June of 2006 and managed to go from 310 to 210 on low carb dieting but then totally caved and ate my way back up to 252!!! Discovered Cambridge and am not turning back! .. Today is Day 3 for me SSing.. and plan on keeping things moving. I don't have much time to post on here .. maybe once per day to let ya's know how I'm doing .. but if that's ok.. Please count me in!

Today's weight is 247.5 hoping to get down to 199 for the first time since grade school (I'm 35 now.. ) :eek:

Copy & Paste .. 2nd post:
Hi all, thanks so much for the warm welcome.. Just a quick check in to say I'm still hanging in there. Today is Day 5 and my weight is down to 243.5 from 252 when I started Cambridge SSing.. so happy about that. Will check in tomorrow or the next day when I get some free time. Looking forward to the VI thread. =0) Let's keep at it everyone!!! ;)

3rd post..
Hey there ladies.. way to go on the progress everyone is making.. I really enjoyed reading all your pledges.. very motivating! Just wanted to report that I'm still on track - today is Day 6. Yesterday was a struggle, but managed to make it through.. hoping today will go a little more smoothly. Very happy with Cambridge.. I think this is certainly the "diet" for me.

Let's keep at it.

Since I managed to knock myself out of ketosis on Monday evening (4 glasses of wine made me ignore the perils of the crackers and family size bag of Haribo) I've been picking since. Admittedly, mostly protein (although I'm not sure the huge pack of smoked salmon was exactly the right protein) and I'm amazed I have managed so well today. Just one tetra while I was on the road, and just settling down to a chicken and mushroom soup, so I'm quite pleased with myself today (so far).

Things are a little 'frosty' at home at the moment - nothing to do with the central heating either!

That is the sort of time I would turn to raiding the cupboards. I think I eat to spite him sometimes - a very weird reaction, because I never have a binge in front of him. Tonight, I'm determined to stay in control. I have my buillion all ready, and a sugarfree jelly in the fridge for an emergency fix.

I really need to drink some more water, but so for I've managed 100% SS - and I am determined not to ruin it!

Here's hoping I'm not back on here in a couple of hours time, half sloshed with crumbs around my mouth!

Congrats at getting back into Ketosis, I've just been for a walk/run to which I managed to run more than walk today (hey hey!!), I am going to have the rest of my tetra mixed with coffee and have my soup later...

Love

Hi Girls...

I've just read through the posts and you all seem to be doing really well.

I've gotten through the day feeling crap and terrible to be honest. I was on a go slow this morning and didn't manage to drag myself into work until 9.30am - I contemplated working from home typing my handover notes on the laptop (sat firmly on the sofa) but they're so short staffed at the moment that I thought better of it - good job I did because one of my colleagues didn't have the same conscience...! Left 3 of us girls run of our feet, so notes didn't get typed up and so they'll be a last minute rush job tomorrow on my last day.

Had crap day on the diet as I've eaten with my antibiotics... not loads but I hoped enough to line my stomach - saying that I'm sat here feeling quite sick with some cramps and feeling heady after my last tablet so not so sure if it's worked...! Have drunk loads so that's good.

Wear It Pink day tomorrow so I had a request for more flapjacks after the successful batch for Jeans for Genes day. They're done and cooling - 2 batches this time so should raise a few extra 50ps... Anyone else taking part tomorrow?

Really hoping I feel better tomorrow - I've got manic weekend ahead including food shopping tomorrow evening for OH little boy's birthday party on Saturday, my leaving drinks on Saturday evening and then getting DS and me organised on Sunday for first day back at school and first day at new job....!

Sorry I'm not much support to you all - your posts are amazing and I'm so disappointed I'm not well...

Another early night on the cards so will say night night and will catch you all tomorrow...

Have lovely evenings..

H xxx

Hannah,

Hope you feel better tomorrow on your last day in work hunny... Well done for baking flapjacks when you are poorly too!! I have been baking cakes tonight! (after my walk/run)...

I really hope you start to feel better especially with such a busy weekend ahead!

Love

Tara - thank you so much... very sweet of you to "jump in" and say that...

:flowers:

Hope you're well.

H xx

Well another successful day on SSing today... 3 days on the trot of 100%, god it is so hard though... cud of killed anyone today for food... I think it is harder when you are stuck at home (George was very cranky and got upset at the slightest thing today) so kept him home.. apart from a quick trip to the supermarket!! Done a walk/run tonight too!

So the scales had better be kind to me on Saturday otherwise I will eat for Britain!!! honestly I will!!!

Hope everyone is doing OK today... Hope Hannah gets better soon...

Nite Nite, and speak to you all tomorrow..

Love

Sorry you're still feeling so rotten Hannah love. Hope you start to get better soon. Sleep sleep and more sleep is the answer!

Hope everyone else is ok. I've not been on much tonight. My new phone arrived and I've spent all evening transferring contacts, messages and adding music.

I'm dead chuffed. It also came with a free bluetooth headset and a 1Gb memory card. Fantastic! Although when I tried out the bluetooth before I had a bit of a moment and my bro shouted "You're barred" at me, like the advert!

All of this means that besides a mega meal of boiled eggs and chicken salad earlier I have been too distracted to eat! Did have a wander in the kitchen but didn't pick anything up. So 3 packs and a salad it is! Water is only about 3.5 litres but I'll cope!

I have ordered my WM packs and when they arrive I will give myself now more chances for excuses!

Back