Episode VII - A New Start!

I am not a happy bunny. I gained 3/4 lb at my weigh in this week. My own fault, I know, but I am gutted nonetheless.

What a waste of a week! What is the point SSing for days on end, only to blow it on a couple of binges? I may as well just give up on CD and try to eat healthily, as I know I can maintain my weight that way, although never seem to lose.

BUT, I'm not going to. I'm going to finish this mouthful of something delicious (that I'm not going to tell you about), drink a pint of water, kick myself severely up the backside and get back to the diet. It seems a little pointless having shakes today after what I have just eaten, but I'm not going to put it off, so will have one around 4pm an crack back on with this diet. I think I've finally realised that I get far greater pleasure from seeing the scales drop than from filling my face.

My turn to pledge: I am going to up my water intake, stick with my shakes and bars, stop picking at everything and start to diet like I really mean it.

Please deliver a verbal kicking if I post that I have cheated - and I will post it if I do, because I need the kicking!

Hi everyone, I have just had a really bad day! The work stress at the moment is just getting to me. I haven't restarted but I haven't binged either. All I've had today is a mealpack for breakfast, a roll for lunch and yesterdays leftovers to make another roast dinner for my tea. I just want to feel better but all I want to do is cry :cry:.

The situation at work is grinding me down and the atmosphere at the moment is bad. I haven't felt this low since earlier in the year when things were bad and I handed my notice in because M&S had offered me my old job back. They persuaded me to stay and rejigged jobs to suit me. I'm not wanting to hand my notice in now but we desperately need more staff!

Maybe I'll start again tomorrow, but I'll see how I feel after an early night and some night nurse!

Sorry I haven't replied to all your lovely comments but I just seem to be drained of energy :(.

I'm losing the plot - I've tried to read back a bit - but - well - Sarah, why have you got to stay away from the phone? The fridge and the wine rack I can understand, but the phone??

Anyway, sorry work is such a s**t. Nothing worse than constant stress at work. And the thing is, the effect on you is so gradual that sometimes you can't see it yourself. My hub changed jobs earlier this year and the effect was almost instantaneous - I have my happy man back. What do you do by the way?

Oh no Amber. Nooo Cheating!!!!

Hardly dare tell you now that I was another 2 pounds down this morning. I am now officially lighter than I have been at any time since pregnant with my twins (about 6 years). So I'm with Mocha - having fun looking for size 14s. But I don't want to buy too much because I intend to get into the 12s, so looking for a coat on e-bay. Fancy one of those fake fur ones to go with jeans. Do you think there a bit naff?
K9
x

Sorry K-Nine, the phone was about someone I promised I wouldn't contact and my resolve was slipping! This site is fantastic for support of the diet variety - and the personal too!

I work as a service co-ordinator - organising a group of engineers based throughout the country. It's pretty much a good job, telling men what to do and nagging them when they don't. I always say that nagging is one of my greater skills lol!

Hi,My day not too good, had a really stressful day in work and it won't be getting any better!! I mentioned about 1pm cos that is what time I finish this week only!! but I feel very premenstral at the moment, stomach swelling, scales not moving... tummy pains, and arthritis flaring up too (psoratic arthritis!)... seeing the doctor tomorrow cos my feet are really hurting, doesn't help kicking a box and breaking my toe, but we will see what they say tomorrow...Hope everyone has had a good day and nothing like mine..Love

Hi Nikki, sorry you're feeling as rough as me. What a right pair we are. Work troubles whilst feeling $hit is the pits isn't it!

Hope everything goes well at the docs today. Keep me updated!

Well I've woken up in as good a mood as I went to bed, oh joy! Not helped by the fact that whilst stepping into the shower this morning my foot slipped and I slammed my other ankle into the shower tray. I now have 3 lovely grazes which will turn into mega bruises.

Gosh, I'm a bundle of laughs today. Best go and slap myself and sort myself out lol. Good news is that I kept away from the phone last night, in my bed just after 8pm!

Can someone please have an absolutely fantastic day to make up for me being such a mardy moo!

Oh Sarah you and me both, just had to strap my foot up cos I can't walk on it properly!! Still got period pains!! and in for a really bad day in work, have 3 large pieces of work to do that they want me to put timescales to, which firstly is quite impossible cos of the large amount of work involved! Great how these managers think you can conjour up these things!!So Sarah, in for a good day like you, is your ankle alright?? bless you.. just seen George and Keith off so got the house to myself, it is the only peace and quiet I get all day!Will text you...Love

Morning all

Sarah, chin up chick! :hug99: I hope you start to feel better today. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time. That damn cold can't be helping either.

Nikki! I hope you start to feel better too :hug99:

K-nine well done with the 2lbs! Great stuff :D

Amber, sorry to hear you had a little gain. Back on track now? I know how you feel about spoiling it all with a blip, I have kept doing it too. I'm on a roll now though so fingers crossed it will last. I shouldn't type that, it's tempting fate! I hope you get on a roll too :)

Chika, how are you today?:)

In a rush as I booked a last min hair apt for 9.30am, can't decide whether to be daring and go for a total change! Will let you know what I decided when I get back. I have a feeling I'll get there and be really boring and stick with my same old style lol. I think I need to be nearer goal before I go for a "new me" hairstyle. I've always used my hair to hide behind a bit, kept it shoulder length so that my many chins didn't frighten anyone! My many chins have reduced now though, so maybe it's time to go shorter! We'll see :)

Evening all. Wow no posts on this thread for 10 hours? How has everyone been today?

My haircut turned out not to be a haircut :rolleyes: She was running late because of traffic so did my colour and then more or less pushed me out of the door without a cut! NOT impressed. So I'll have to make another appointment.

Another good CD day for me, thats 13 days now without a blip (except for half an aero bubble about 4 days ago but it was so flipping tiny I'm not even counting it :p) I'm still scale hopping every morning and they are moving slowly but in the right direction. I think I need to space my packs and my water out more. I never have enough in the day, then I go mad in the evening. Today is particularly bad for water, only 2.5L down and I still want to make that 4.5 or 5L by bedtime. It should be possible though I don't go to bed until 2am.

I hope everyone is ok and has had a good day. The quietness on this thread is spooky! :)

Well, it looks like it's just you and me Mocha! Well done on your 13 days of abstinence - I'm dead impressed - and jealous! What does your hubby think now you're in the 11s? Is he proud of you?

Well done on your loss K9 - don't ever worry about sharing that with us - it spurs me on to do something. That is such a lovely achievement when you break a previous 'weight record'. Keep it going! I love fake fur coats - I saw a lovely one in Matalan last week for around £40, but it was quite short and dressy and a bit too impractical for me to justify splurging on.

Your post this morning reminded me to book my hair appointment, so I'm having it done Saturday morning. My hairdresser is a pal of mine, and I've not seen her since I started CD - I wonder if she'll notice the change?

I'm over my blip now and have been fairly good, although my water intake is low. It is so hard to drink loads when I am on the road and just making short stops in each town, then trying to find a loo when I am busting. I'm loathe to drink too much in the car, so have only managed about 1.5 litres today, but I'm going to try to make it up this evening (although I've started with a G & T).

The amount of work I have to do before my deadlines is scaring me at the moment. I'm not managing to make all my planned visits in each day, so need to find some extra time from somewhere, plus my pile of reports is only growing. I've been turning work away for the past week, which I hate doing because there can be some very lean times in my job, and I like to build the money up to cover them. I've turned down about 12 jobs today alone!

I solved the 'not wanting to spend too much money on new clothes' problem today. I popped into a charity shop! Bought a gorgeous pair of brand new Next tailored trousers for £4.50 and a pair of Dotty P ones for £1.49! I'm really chuffed with with that. Both size 14, which is such an acheivement for me, and the Next ones fit like a dream!

I'm going to try to stay away from posting tonight and get some of these reports done - I know that will make me feel better.

I hope the rest of you are all OK, Sarah, Nikki, Chika & K-9.

Hi all

What fantastic bargains Amber. I never seem to find anything that good in charity shops. Maybe I don't look hard enough! Hope you've got loads of reports done today. Keep glugging the water because it helps so much (although I've been rubbish at it myself this week :().

Mocha, you're doing so well. I'll be back on track with you soon once I'm over this illness. Thing is that I'm not eating because I'm needing comfort or binging like I have in the past. I ate because I really felt like my body wanted me too. I have only eaten at lunch and dinner for the last few days - no snacking anything between meals. That is a complete departure for me.

I think that I'm finally over the worst, but we'll see. I've been up and down so much recently!

Evening all, sorry had a bad day, in loads of pain with my feet - kicked a box in the kitchen and broke my toe but low down on the bottom joint so have been in agony and the doctor won't give me anything for it! So I can't cope with diet and pain... so I have had chinese, chocolate and vodka diet coke... and just about to start decorating cakes for children in need! So I am a bad example at the moment...Hope to get back on that wagon, but hubby says I'm getting back on it soon!!!Love

Ohhh Nikki, that sounds so sore! I hate it when I even stub my toe.

I'm glad your hubby is spurring you on - mine has noticed the weight loss, and is encouraging with his compliments, but when he passed my car outside my CDCs yesterday he text to ask what I was doing in that town! He has no idea of how much I've lost or where I go!

I told him I was at my boyfriends....

Morning everyone!

Hope you are feeling better today Nikki. Those cakes last night were fantastic (Nikki texted me a picture of some she'd decorated for work before you start thinking I'm sitting at home scoffing cake lol!). At least it's almost the weekend :D

Amber, men just don't seem to get it do they. Have you done something to your hair is the usual question lol. Though PMSL that you told him that you were at the boyfriends!

Well, all I can say is thank god it's Friday! I woke up this morning and thought it was Saturday :mad:. I was so cosy and toastie in my bed I could have stayed. Instead another busy day at the office planned.

I probably won't be back on track again today but I have lost 2lbs since yesterday?? :D. I've only put on 5lbs so that's likely to just be glycogen. If I can just be sensible over the weekend then a restart for Monday is planned.

Hope everyone has a good day and I'll catch up later xxx

Morning everyone! Hows things. Nikki hon sorry to hear about your toe. Sounds awful. I hate doctors who won't help. Try cocodamol. they are the best!

Amber haha. Its not good being spotted. I'm going to remember that excuse for the future though. My CDC lives a fair distance away and I once got a text asking me what I was doing going the wrong way down the motorway.. I somehow don't feel comfortable shouting about this diet just yet.

Sarah love, are you feeling any better?

Ok today is the first day of the rest of my diet! I have eaten the last few days just as I was feeling ill and was advised to by the nurse. Anyway i tried to stick to protien and veg but toast was just a bit too inviting and I feel bloatwed and I'm no longer in ketosis. I also decided to taste test the buns I made for children in need yesterday. I'm back to good health again now and the buns are going to be delivered to school shortly so life is good and I can get back on track.

Thankfully its my last day on this school placement so I can slip into my normal routine again and actually get the right amount of water down me and stick to my packs. So expect to see many more posts from me. I've had a look and the weeks where I have lost most I have posted on here loads. I don't think I could do it without you guys!

Chika x

Morning everyone,Toe is still really painful, going to take painkillers shortly, not back on track until my pain is under control...aiming for Monday with Sarah! Hope everyone is OK, like the excuse Amber!! Chika, glad to see you are feeling better, and Sarah I will speak to you later hun... I was warm and toastie too, and then hubby overslept!! Just need a good sleep.Love

Back