Episode VIII - We Can Do This!!!!

Hi Sarah

Very intrigued bu Weight Matters , wish I had done that instead of Lighter Life , a free makeover & photo shoot and a 12 week maintenaince course to help you keep it off would have been just what I needed. When I reached the end of the 12 week programme it was a massive anti-climax , everyone said so . We didnt even get our before and after pics I virtually had to beg for mine, all my counsellor was intersested in was keeping you in a holding net called 'development' so they could keep taking the money. A free makeover and photo session would have been a lovely way to celebrate losing over 4 stone, but all I got was a sense of let down really.
I really wish you luck with your new endeavour, you will make a lovely consultant because you have been there in every sense of the word.
XXX HCW

Thanks HCW. How you doing now?

What lovely words! It was the whole relaxed attitude that made me want to become part of the WM set up. It's all about support and celebrating your successes, but still being able to live your life to the full. Food has to be part of your life again so why ban it from the start. Also falling off the wagon isn't a criminal offence! God, I hope not because I'd have been locked away by now!

hi Sarah

You are such an inspiration to me , becuase whenever I come on here no matter how long its been in between I always find you amongst all the names I dont know and it always welcomes me back and makes me feel I still 'belong' on the forum if you know what I mean?

I used to be a VERY frequent visitor to minis it was my life bouy in an often very turbulent sea of abstinance , when I often felt totally alone and up against it, and you were always there somewhere with your lovely little westies making me feel at home, god how I have admired you resilience, no matter how many times you get knocked down you always brush yourself off and start again with so much positivity. It makes me feel 'Normal' because I have had my ups and downs too.

I havnt been on the forum for a while because my PC was off line for yonks due to a virus and now I cant alter my ticker which is a bit discourageing. I have been doing Cambridge with differing levels of success since beg of August , been messing about a bit , having a bit of life I felt I had been missing out on since March, you know the way lose 3 lbs gain 2lbs etc. .. But today I am still 6 stone exactly lighter than on the 23 March this year so not too bad really, and I should be chuffed but I still have that fat girl syndrome thing ,feeling like it cant last , that I dont deserve it, and even inexplicably that I am still fat and greedy and worthless because I still have the occasional chocolate, toast , etc binge.

I missed you at the Liverpool meet because I had a posh frock do the dame day (always the way isnt it you never go anywhere, then two things come at once..?) I was really looking forward to meeting you and Mrs Depp and all the other lovely inspirational ladies from Minis. Its nice to put a face to the names isnt , I havnt the technical know how to put any photos on , god knows how I managed to get this far , it was only by badgering my son to help me get started, (i think I cried or something and he realised how desparate I was and helped , but his patience is exhausted now so I am stuck!)

My daughter has been doing Cambridge too and has lost over 5 stone since July and is up for a slimmer of the year award so I may get to meet some people off the forum at the cambridge 'do' next weekend.

I only found out about Weight Matters becuase of you doing it and it sound s fantastic, its the programme that people who have done the foundation on LL would have done if only they had had the choice. We all used to sit ther and discuss what we would change about LL and WM seem to have done just that, so Bravo! Its bound to be a success and I will watch with interest.

As I said before you will be just fabulous as a consultant and I wish you all the luck in the world , pity you arnt near to me I would be your first customer as I really needa kick up the backside to get the last stone and a bit off , getting a bit complacent and need to bucke down fast.

Anyhoo off to beddy for me so night night god bless
Oh how are the westies? my little geriatric westie girl is still going strong , she will be 16 in JUne.Aww ,,, blind deaf limps a bit but still loves her grub !
XXXHCW

HCW, thank you so much for your lovely posts :eek:. I'm not sure I deserve your kind words because I muck about with this diet so much. Although you are right about one thing - I never give up. I never will!!!

Well done on losing 6 stone - that really is a fantastic achievement! I think we all still get the fat girl syndrome because this diet works so quickly it takes a while for your head to catch up. It certainly did mine! In fact mine's gone the other way - I've put some back on and I still think act like I am thinner - mind you that's not necessarily a bad thing!

It was a shame that you didn't make it to Liverpool, but there will be other meets next year so you'll just have to come to them instead :D.

Have a lovely time at the conference next week and good luck to your daughter. You'll meet loads of Miniminers, and having met a good few already I know you'll be truly inspired!

My westies are all being like b*ggers as usual, but I love them to bits. Yours is such a good old age. Funny how the little devils just wind your way into your heart isn't it.

Hope you have a good day today and hope that you can get on here more regularly now the PC is fixed. Get your son to help you with the piccies etc, I'm sure he'd be able to do it in a flash!

Much love xxx

Back