Erm's Photo Diary

well done on your 4lb loss. both of my parents are from yorkshire and most of my relatives are from Rotherham. is like my second home really. love yorkshire so much. i have some family in bradford aswell.

Erm well done on your 4lbs loss. I have been to Sheffield once many years ago for university interview. I love to visit the dales one day - seen on telly as loved it.

Oh I forgot! I lost 4lb since my last WI! (which is admittedly 3 weeks ago :whistle: ) but in the 3 weeks I was scarpering about on Full Englishes, bread & butter, cheese, cake, (cheesecake even :rolleyes: ) and all that gubbins... I was at STS when I got back Sat, and 4lb down as of this morning! So just 1lb to go rto my next stone award wooooooo!! :woohoo:

way to go you!!! :woohoo: :wee: :wee: :woohoo: how fab is that... you are so nearly in the next stone range too :D well done lovely xxxxxxxxxxx

Well done on your loss Erm.

I've just bought Mr Cotters book so if you get any copyright issues you can tell them you've done them a favour ;)

Wednesday 25th April Extra Easy

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Leftover broccoli & blue cheese soup 6 syns for Stilton
Tea: Britmum's Mustard Beef with Mushrooms 2 syns for mustard & cornflour
Snacks: Baby corn, snap peas, tomatoes, WW tart

Nommy! I doubled/tripled most of the flavourings. Might make it into a cottage pie or something next time!

6969031402_3e6902966e_o.jpg

Thursday 26th April Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Little bit of leftover beef 0.5 syns for mustard & cornflour, <1 HEXB for beef, plus a papaya in lime juice with honey and Total 2 syns for honey
Tea: Julesm/Jamie Oliver's Baked Orecchiette, with a side of salad and sweet spicy veg 1 HEXA & <1 HEXB for parmesan & oil, 1 syn for honey
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes

Now THIS is what I call pasta :drool: :

6972700424_0c33a61a5b_o.jpg

Ive never been a massive fan of pasta, I mean I like it and all that but to me its all about the pesto or whatever you put on it, but Ihave obviously never had real pasta! The orecchiette was AMAZING, fab, loved loved loved the chewiness and bite to it, the sauce and everything was great too but I never knew the pasta itself could be so amazing! I dont like fresh pasta, always too sloppy, and standard penne etc is just fast food really, but this was just WOW! Did it with a side of sweet, spicy roasted veg & a salad.

7118779205_64e6f961ab_o.jpg

From Jules's site, which I think originally was edited from Jamie's Italy.

Here it is again, straight outta the oven :D :

6972751258_d82b6ccc5a_o.jpg

Woooo! It haz arrived! Ze Cherry Bakewell Alpen!!!! :eek:

Fifth time lucky! :rolleyes:

(It better be good after this wait... :eat: )

That orecchiette looks amazing!! I think it means "little ears" if I've got it right!! (might not be right though!)

I have Jamie's Italy and am going to go and look this up now.

*inspired* have a great weekend Erm.

Been on holiday and a 4lb loss, that's good going - well done you :0clapper:

I'm kind of from Yorkshire - used to be North Yorkshire then changed to Teesside then changed to Cleveland and now it's sometimes Cleveland, sometimes North Yorkshire - confusing or what!?

Thanks lovelies :)

Dirtydancing - the veg is a couple of red onions cut into thick wedges, a couple of red peppers (chopped), a box of baby tomatoes (about 250-300g) a chilli or two (finely chopped) and usually a courgette (although I didn't have any for this one) - anything thats a soft, light mediterranean veg really. Bung it all in a tray and roast for 10-15 min, then mix it with a tsp or two of honey and give it another 10-15min to crisp up.

@ suzyflo yeah Im from soooo near Yorkshire but from the other end to you :D Was East Riding, then S Humberside, then N E Lincolnshire. But basically its wrong side o t'Humber :( Cleveland, there used to be a bus went past that said that on it, I always thought it was Clever-land, where all the clever people live :D

Hey!!! Thanks so much for sharing my recipes / Jamie's recipes!!! :) Your version of the Baked Orecchiette looks AMAZING!! True what you say, that darned pasta is out of this world! HAve you seen Jamie does another recipe with broccoli, whizzed up anchovies using orecchiette too. It's from 30 minute meals. Will let you know if I try it xxxx

Ooooh no I havent got any jamie books, yes let us know, that stuff is fab! Love your gobble site btw x :)

Welcome back erm. 4lb loss, wow!!! :)

Your leek and pesto soup is making me hungry.

I am getting very behind:

Friday 27th April Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA, 4.5 syns for coffee syrups
Lunch: None
Tea: Pumpkin & coconut curry with green bean salsa<1 HEXB for cashew nuts & oil, 5 syns for coconut milk
Snacks: Lots more coffee so another 1 HEXA? carrots, tomatoes, Quorn slices

I got some of those Monin syrups like they have in Costas etc. I have no use for a gigantic 750ml bottle in one flavour but I found these mini sets on ebay where you get 5 different flavors in little 50ml bottles, it was about six quid, so I snaffled one! Caramel, Vanilla, Hazelnut, Cinnamon and Gingerbread. They put too much in in Costas, a teaspoon is about right for the size of my mug, so I'm currently ODing on ginbgerbread coffee :D

ProductImage.aspx

And here's din dins, was alright but I dont think Id bother again.

6982180546_269a99936b_o.jpg

Saturday 28th April Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA & 3 syns for coffee syrups
Lunch: Salad 2.5 syns for dressing
Tea: Cardamon-roasted cauliflower with pistachio & green pepper salsa and leek, tomato & coconut pilaf <1 HEXA for milk, <2 HEXB for oil & pistachios
Snacks: Quorn slices, about 40 syns for wine

Another Denis Cotter, OMG the cauli was AMAZING! The pilaf was nice too but the cauli you could do with all sorts, it'd go with curries or BBQ's or salads, loads of stuff, nomtastic!

7128265329_63719d9400_o.jpg

Pics are a bit glow in the dark, I cant fathom this camera replacement, it goes from ditchwater to lkuminour without me touching anything :rolleyes:
But nom! Cardamon-roasted cauliflower! :drool:

7128265451_f8cecb002f_o.jpg

Back