Erm's Photo Diary

Purple Patsy said:
Prunes or figs might shift it but codeine has the same effect on me. nowt going nowhere for days.Ouchy. :D Oh I rememebr stents. Mine fell out by itself and had to be retrived. :eek:

Yep that is one of the side affects ... I have been on and off it for years with constant hernia problems :(

Prunes or figs might shift it but codeine has the same effect on me. nowt going nowhere for days.Ouchy. :D Oh I rememebr stents. Mine fell out by itself and had to be retrived. :eek:

Holy crappe! :eek: Where was it? I dont think mine could escape, its linking my bladder & kidney so its about half a metre long. IT couldnt escape - could it? :eek: I dont get on with stents, this is the 3rd or 4th time Ive had one, its like having a nail scratching your bladder on and ooon and oooon and onandonandonandon, 24h. Going to the loo every 20min, cant go out without, uh, protection :whistle: Out of bed to pee for the eighty-ninth time... Dreading the end of the peeeeeee when you know the scratching will stab you again :sigh:

They never believe me, they always say, "oh no, thats very rare, only about 1% of patients get that" Well DUH! :d'oh: Aint I the lucky one. Yeah maybe Ill win the lottery this week an' all... :rolleyes:

try dates or something like that, lots of oranges, they make me go, pepermint tea thats agood too, warm water and lemon as soon as you get up to try get something moving...

Yeah, but tbh you see the amount of superfree I get through in a day, a lack of fibre ain't one of my problems :D Its caffeine that gets me mooooving, normally second coffee of the day is, ah, weight loss time :rolleyes:

Mm, might try some hummus, chickpeas are guaranteed to set me alight somewhat. Might be best to wait til Mr Tesco has been though :eek: I have this problem when its TOTM cos I take the cocodamol which keeps me bunged up for a day or two. Now Im on triple codeine, go me: :rolleyes:

Holy crappe! :eek: Where was it? I dont think mine could escape, its linking my bladder & kidney so its about half a metre long. IT couldnt escape - could it? :eek: I dont get on with stents, this is the 3rd or 4th time Ive had one, its like having a nail scratching your bladder on and ooon and oooon and onandonandonandon, 24h. Going to the loo every 20min, cant go out without, uh, protection :whistle: Out of bed to pee for the eighty-ninth time... Dreading the end of the peeeeeee when you know the scratching will stab you again :sigh:

They never believe me, they always say, "oh no, thats very rare, only about 1% of patients get that" Well DUH! :d'oh: Aint I the lucky one. Yeah maybe Ill win the lottery this week an' all... :rolleyes:
Ouch yours sounds way worse than mine was. Mine was just to keep the ureter open from my transplanted kidney to my bladder till the join healed. Was a tad uncomfortable but I put it down to the healing. The pain stopped and I though great it's healed. It was only when they went to remove it that they noticed it had moved and was hiding in my bladder but not where the expected it to be. I was out cold and only knew what they told me - no idea how big it was either. Can I be nosey and ask why you've had to have one 4 times. PM me if you don't want it in the public domain or tell me to mind my own beeswax. I'll completely understand either way. :D

And for that I put 2lbs on :rolleyes: Which I know is utter bollocks given that nothing passed my lips for nearly 2 days around the op, and Ive been good all week except the takeaway we had when I couldnt cook. So Im assuming - TMI alert: it must be the ol' poop... (only been once all week owing to the tablets... :eek: ) I would say hopefully itll all, ah, vacate the premises by next week, but I could be on the ol' codeine for a good 6 weeks til they take the stent out :sigh:

That could possibly be LACK of calories, as in your body hanging on to them because you are not taking in anything. But then again unlikely as it was only 2 days. It could be TOTM as you say or just a fluctuation. You have done yourself SO PROUD so there is no way that measly 2lb is gonna be for long! :D

Aww sorry you are feeling so sh!te and uncomfortable. (((((BBBIIIGGGG HUGS)))) hope it settles soon. Pumpkin soup looks lush, glad you enjoyed it xx

Ouch yours sounds way worse than mine was. Mine was just to keep the ureter open from my transplanted kidney to my bladder till the join healed. Was a tad uncomfortable but I put it down to the healing. The pain stopped and I though great it's healed. It was only when they went to remove it that they noticed it had moved and was hiding in my bladder but not where the expected it to be. I was out cold and only knew what they told me - no idea how big it was either. Can I be nosey and ask why you've had to have one 4 times. PM me if you don't want it in the public domain or tell me to mind my own beeswax. I'll completely understand either way. :D

Ah right, mine's cos I get really big calculi in my kidney because it's duplex (basically two kidneys that never separated, so I have three kidneys and three ureters). Heh, so the duplex one forms a lot of big stones due to its structure, although Ive got some smaller ones in the other kidney too. I also had a tumour in my thyroid/parathyroid which controls your calcium so that could have contributed to setting it off at the beginning. God a kidney transplant, crikey, hope you're doing OK now? Darn, I always think I should be able to give one of these away since I've got three of the little sods! :D (You'd think three would be even better than two but sadly not :rolleyes: ) Wow still trying to imagine something that long escaping all the way out into your bladder, heh I didnt even know that was possible!

Yeah sounds like Im just one of those pain in the butt patients that doesnt get along with stents :D Its embarrassing going through the stuff thats wrong with me as Im sure I sound like a (semi- :ROFL: ) walking medical textbook, Im sure they all think all these things cant really have happened to one person :eek: What can I say, Im exceptional :cool:

That could possibly be LACK of calories, as in your body hanging on to them because you are not taking in anything. But then again unlikely as it was only 2 days. It could be TOTM as you say or just a fluctuation. You have done yourself SO PROUD so there is no way that measly 2lb is gonna be for long! :D

Aww sorry you are feeling so sh!te and uncomfortable. (((((BBBIIIGGGG HUGS)))) hope it settles soon. Pumpkin soup looks lush, glad you enjoyed it xx

Aw cheers lovely :) The croutons are A-MAZ-ING! :drool: Yeah Im not bothered, I did wonder if it was not enough food too, but Ive been doing long enough not to care about blips, I know I've behaved myself pretty much ('cept the wine/takeaway which I do most weeks anyway :D ). I often lose more when I eat loads and as Im going on holiday a week Saturday hopefully its saving itself for then :D

Aww cheers to you all my lovelies, I was still on a downer but youve cheered me up a bit xxx :bighug:

Ah right, mine's cos I get really big calculi in my kidney because it's duplex (basically two kidneys that never separated, so I have three kidneys and three ureters). Heh, so the duplex one forms a lot of big stones due to its structure, although Ive got some smaller ones in the other kidney too. I also had a tumour in my thyroid/parathyroid which controls your calcium so that could have contributed to setting it off at the beginning. God a kidney transplant, crikey, hope you're doing OK now? Darn, I always think I should be able to give one of these away since I've got three of the little sods! :D (You'd think three would be even better than two but sadly not :rolleyes: ) Wow still trying to imagine something that long escaping all the way out into your bladder, heh I didnt even know that was possible!

Yeah sounds like Im just one of those pain in the butt patients that doesnt get along with stents :D Its embarrassing going through the stuff thats wrong with me as Im sure I sound like a (semi- :ROFL: ) walking medical textbook, Im sure they all think all these things cant really have happened to one person :eek: What can I say, Im exceptional :cool:
Wow but you've got a lot to contend with. Stones are so sore when they move. Sydney (the kidney) is starting to show her age same as the rest of me but still vastly better than dialysis. I had peritoneal dialysis for 10 yrs pre transplant and it is the main source of my problems ATm as I have lots of adhesions which play up big time and stop my gut from allowing throughput for days at a time and thats sore and There are a couple that go right round my large colon and spasm like mad for no good reason and leave me sick as a dog and in agony. Not much fun really. I had my parathyroid out too within weeks of my transplant as it goes into overdrive as a result of the tx. I now have about a third of one of the 4 bits it comes in in my arm. Bit of an odd place to put it I know but that's doctors for ya. Hope you're having a good day. :D

Ow gawwwwd all those complications, sounds awful, sorry to hear that :( Mm people tend to think a transplant is the solution eh, the end that's it, and its so not :( Sydney the kidney, heh, well give him my wishes, well I shall look after my three as best I can :) So they took the paraTs out and put part of one in your arm? Or have I misunderstood? Well thats one way of doing it! :) They just took all mine away, I guess they couldn't risk it cos of the thyroid tumour spreading. Ah the joy of random t'internet meets :D How old are you, if you dont mind me asking? (If you do, no problem, I shall stick with 18 ;) :D )

Oh - the codeine eased off this morning - BIG TIME! Just in time for the washing man fixer to arrive! :eek: :8855: Looking forward to a good WI next week! :D

Ow gawwwwd all those complications, sounds awful, sorry to hear that :( Mm people tend to think a transplant is the solution eh, the end that's it, and its so not :( Sydney the kidney, heh, well give him my wishes, well I shall look after my three as best I can :) So they took the paraTs out and put part of one in your arm? Or have I misunderstood? Well thats one way of doing it! :) They just took all mine away, I guess they couldn't risk it cos of the thyroid tumour spreading. Ah the joy of random t'internet meets :D How old are you, if you dont mind me asking? (If you do, no problem, I shall stick with 18 ;) :D )

Oh - the codeine eased off this morning - BIG TIME! Just in time for the washing man fixer to arrive! :eek: :8855: Looking forward to a good WI next week! :D
Yep paraT bit was put back in my arm apparently they can go a bit nuts and grow (prob what happened to yours ) and they don't like rumaging around in the neck any more than they have to so right forearm it is. I'm 47 going on five BTW and Sydney has been with me since 9 days before my 40th bithday. The ultimate life begins at 40.

Hope you had your running spikes on when the codeine wore off. Can be a bit abrupt. :D

Thought Id done this but id I did its vanished :confused:

Wednesday 23rd May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Brussels sprouts in HP 2 syns for HP
Tea: Roast squash & borlotti bean salad in maple-sesame dressing 2 HEXB's for tahini & oil, 3 syns for maple syrup & sesame oil; Alpen light crumbled into Muller cherry underlay 4.5 syns
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, Quorn slices

No dressing on it in this piccie but the dressing was A-MAZ-ING :drool:

7261909428_a277b99e75_o.jpg

Erm.... I can only find tahini paste is huge jars (in Waitrose), does it last? I make a fair bit of hummous and it doesn't have to have this in, but I reckon it makes a big difference for a couple of syns. I don't want to buy a big jar for it to go manky in a couple of weeks!!

Can the oracle help me please? :)

Oh yeah, mine must have been in there about a year now! :8855: Yeah seriously it lasts ages! I keep it right at the bag outta the way where its really cold.

Thank you, I knew you'd have the answer!!!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better now. You've been missed on here :)

Ach, comes and goes, feeling a bit strssed at the mo. Foodies:

Thursday 24th May Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Cheese salad in vinaigrette thing 1 HEXA for Parmesan, 1.5 syns for oil & mustard
Tea: Broad bean orrecchiette & salad 1 HEXB for sheep's cheese, 2 syns for butter
Snacks: Snap peas, baby corn, tomatoes, roasted kale, Quorn slices

7267057656_8647a7a8ba_o.jpg

Back