Erm's Photo Diary

ermintrude said:
Wednesday 13th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Leftover sauce from chicken balti 1 syn for oil, with Tilda sun dried tomato rice 2.5 syns, & leftover onion bhaji from Sat 8.5 syns
Tea: Good ol' roast veg pasta salad 1 HEXB for Parmesan, 5 syns for prosciutto
Snacks: Quorn slices

That looks delicious Erm

Btw any sign of honeyoc?

Saturday 16th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee & fruit 1 HEXA
Lunch: Couscous BNS & walnut salad leftovers & coleslaw leftovers 0.5 HEXB for sesame seeds & walnuts, 0.5 syns for mustard
Tea: Another DC - Braised chard timbale of halloumi, roast tomato & Puy lentils with citrus fennel butter, served with samphire, spinach, asparagus and new potatoes 1.5 HEXB for halloumi, 7 syns for butter & oil
Snacks: Roasted kale

Another Denis Cotter one, ommm this was LUSH :drool:

7385208730_2a1d4a482c_o.jpg

Might not look all that special utside but all the secrets are inside! Layer of tomato, then a layer of the lentil mix, then a layer of halloumi, then sandwiched up with another layer of lentils and anther layer of tomato. (Actually this isn't chard at all as I couldn't get hold of any and Ive been waiting to try this for a-a-ages, so I just used some spring greens, Im sure Denis would have me guts fer garters :rolleyes: )

The samphire was a last minute thing, Id seen some in the poash shop in SJW ages ago but its just sooo expensive there :( So I was just intending to do asparagus & new potatoes, then I spotted this beaut in Waitrose t'other day - pre-prepared box of spinach & samphire in lemon butter! Well I was making a citrus butter for this beauty anyway so the ideal time to test samphire! And very nice it was too, I wasnt sure Id like it but it was lovely! Quite a unique taste :)

This is very healthy if you skip the butter sauce btw, but I dont mind spending 6 syns on it :)

All layered up & parcelled:

7385209690_8ef5cf6e51_o.jpg

7385209256_ed5367e61d_o.jpg

7385210606_c31b4f3473_o.jpg

Only had two rings so I stuffed the other 2 in some large ramekins:

7385211466_543b69765d_o.jpg

Attachments

• 7385209690_8ef5cf6e51_o.jpg
    7385209690_8ef5cf6e51_o.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 44
Afternoon :) I had beetroot in my veg box today...love beetroot but never cooked it fresh...what would you recomemd? Don't want my kitchen to end up a blood bath ...a little like my bathroom does when I colour my hair lol

Hmm I gave up on cooking beetroot! I gave it a couple of goes but it didn't make any difference to the taste IMO and I get a blood bath either way! :D When I did it I just trimmed off the stalks (not too close to the beet), boiled it whole for 40min to an hour (depending on size), then slide the skin off under cold running water with your fingers. I tried it a couple of times but like I say I personally noticed no difference in taste (maybe thats just cos it was a supermarket version tho) and it seems to work out cheaper to just get the vacuum pre-cooked thingies and less faff, although they are usually a bit smaller so depends what you're going to do with it.

Ohhhh actually think I may have a go at these :) vegan too :) ...although Ill try something simple like just baking them first?
Quarter Pounder Beet Burger | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

Ohhhh I looked at those the other day, they do look good! Might put them on the menu. Mmm maybe I can get some beets from the farmer's market, they might taste better than supermarket jobbies? Give the blood bath another go! :D Ive ordered Appetite for Reduction, cant wait to try some of those! :drool:

That looks delicious Erm

Btw any sign of honeyoc?

No not heard from her in months :( Hope she's doing OK, she was opting for Oz last thing I heard? Mmmm miss her lovely recipes!

Roast beetroot

Ingredients
beetroot
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. HEX or frylight.

Preparation method

• Preheat the oven to 180C/360F/Gas 4.
  • Place the beetroot, olive oil in a medium-sized roasting tray making sure that the beetroot is well coated in olive oil.
  • Roast for an hour and a half, until the beetroot feels tender.

That veggie dish does look amazing!

I effing love 'loomy' cheese, not to mention chorizo!

Yeahhhh c'mon people I feel a bit bad calling people fatforlife and stuff :8855: Im Nic btw :)

Hi Nic! I nearly said Erm then haha.
I'm Shirl, my real name isn't Shirleen though that's the 'Trailer Trash' version of my name!

Well dne on your weight loss, I told you ages ago you'd overtake me and you have!

I think im going to get AFD too :) maybe a set of three of her books as amazon keeps teasing me with saving something like a quid if I buy all three lol ;)

fatgottago said:
yes I want those books too but may just get afr 1st

I meant afr lol was thinking of the gnr album lol

Roast beetroot

Ingredients
beetroot
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. HEX or frylight.

Preparation method

• Preheat the oven to 180C/360F/Gas 4.
  • Place the beetroot, olive oil in a medium-sized roasting tray making sure that the beetroot is well coated in olive oil.
  • Roast for an hour and a half, until the beetroot feels tender.

I cook my home grown like this but don't use olive oil. I halve or quater them, depending on size, put a good dash of balsamic on them and salt & pepper, loosely cover with foil and bake, they are yum hot or cold.

Sunday 17th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee & toast 1.2 HEXA 1 HEXA[/COLOR ]1.5 HEXB
Lunch: None
Tea: Leftover timbale 1 HEXB & 5 syns for halloumi & oil
Snacks: Nectarine, pear

Another bleak day so just chucked some veg in & mic'ed leftovers :(

7393644254_c8331f5d82_o.jpg

Monday 18th June Green

Breakfast: Coffee 1 HEXA
Lunch: Coleslaw salad thing 2 syns for mustard
Tea: Pumpkin soup wiuth spicy croutons 1 HEXB for bread, 1 syn for wine
Snacks: Nectarine, pear, cherries, cheese & tomatoes 1 HEXA, Quorn slices