Eugh!! Fromage frais

jude88

I guys iv been trying to make recipes and pudding with fat free fromage frais but I can't stand the taste no matter how many times I tried to put it in stuff! Does anyone have any ideas? X

If you don't like it use something else like reduced fat greek yoghurt or creme fraiche (1.5 syns per tbsp or 0.5 syns for the WW version)

What about quark? I've noticed a new one being stocked in my local mirroring £1 for 500g natural quark with a dark green background. Normal morrisons one is 76p for 227g
Personally creme Fraiche and fromage frais taste the same to me like cottage cheese without the lumps!! Lol

I have some quark at home For another recipe ok give that a go first as it's syn free but if I don't like that il give the creme fraiche a go and just account for the syns thankyou my lovelys :) xxx

I am like you, I can't stand any of these items, quarn, creme fraiche, greek yoghurt & o% yoghurt. In fact I have to look for recipes that don't use any of these, The short shelf life of some of these products are also a problem, I usually had to throw over 50% in the bin as they reached their "use by date" before another recipe was tried.

I find it is worth the syns for the 2% Total, much nicer. I forget if it is 0.5 syns for 150g, either way it is very low in syns and much creamier. I can only find it at Waitrose however.

I don't even try fromage frais anymore as I ruined many a dish in the early days. I can't bear it and no matter if the recipe says "creamy" pasta or curry, if the ingredient is FF I wont use it!

I don't mind quark however as I find that fairly bland. It is lovely mixed with a white Options, a tip I found on this site.

If I make a curry or something that tastes nice creamy (eg soup) I will add 1T Elmlea cream at the end to my portion = 1 syn and so worth it in my opinion.

Total 2% is the answer to everything! It's only 1.5 syns for the whole 500g box so negligible once youve used only a bit for a recipe and divided it up between servings. It tastes SOOOOOO much better!

total_2_gy_150g_b_hr.jpg

I guess so, I dont make that many fromage frais/yogurt/Quark recipes but when I do I use this now, not had a problem so far. Im currently eating a Total with strawberry om nom :)

Excellent thanks il give it a go I make alot of puddings so that's why I use alot of stuff like that x

Made celeriac mash with it last night - awesome! :drool:

Made celeriac mash with it last night - awesome! :drool:

Do you remember Total light? Don't think they make it any more. It was like the 2% and lovely stirred into a curry. Love 2%. Also find it very filling. Makes a Muller a lot more palatable with a dollop on top.

I've only ever tried Total 0% which I thought was kinda OK til I tried the 2% but not something Id eat on its own.

Back