Everyday's a SW day :) x

Oh it's all a bit mind boggling over on mine! I've been using my weeklies for my treats, stuck to it I'm pleased to say, and had activity points too so it's all a bit mathematical lol! X

not at all...i've done it before remember so i totally get you ;) x

Well done you for healthy Chinese choices, I would have sneaked a few chips on my plate. Lol! Your oh sounds fairly supportive bless him.
Definetrly eat your maltesers, that's what you really want, you'll feel deprived if you don't, just rein it in a bit tomorrow. Hope your ok xxx

forgot i had a dextro energy tablet thing earlier to stop my blood sugars from dropping...so i'm over...but really, i'm not phased...that was medicinal to stop me passing out! lol...and the maltesers would be 1 syn less than what my HEB would be ;) (sssshhhh to the fact they're chocolate and not fibre! :giggle:)

might see if i've got a salted caramel hifi and have that instead...then i'm all legal ;) xx

Are you diabetic Hun I didn't know ? Oh the maltesers are definitley more appealing than a hexb choice! X

na, i'm not diabetic...i just have hellish periods :(
i think my sugars drop - i literally go grey, shaky and think i'm seconds away from passing out! usually sick when i get like that too :(
i've not been to the dr's so can't say it's that for sure...but i've noticed that if i'm up before it comes properly, if i eat and keep ahead of it (with the dextros) then i don't get those symptoms

been trying to keep it under control but i'm only able to do that depending on when it makes an appearance! for instance, if i woke up feeling sore because it had come through the night, i'd be screwed cos i'd not have eaten since the night before, usually too sore to eat something proper so then i'd get like that...and i literally can't function!
it's scary at times but def noticed the difference if i can manage to eat a fair bit before i start to feel naff...it's like they drop, but cos i've eaten, it doesn't take me below a certain level to make me feel shaky, sick/passy outy!

bloody hellish eh! and i can never predict how it'll go....but this month is def a good one!

knew when i got up for work it was coming so had breakfast and snacked...and yes, i felt a bit achey etc but nothing major!x

Omg, you poor thing. Sounds like you suffer more than most! If I'm busy and forget to eat I go shaky and sick, my brain just used to stop wanting to work, I couldn't talk properly. It's awful! That's only because if have had a light lunch and gone straight from work to do something, I can't imagine knowing that was coming every month! Xx

i never know how it's going to be....i just always hope that it's going to give me a wee incline that it's coming later in the day so that i have time to try and control it....night time and thru the night is no good.

i only feel really bad for a short time..but honestly, in that short time, it's just awful!
i've seen me getting up for work, knowing it's coming and getting all ready and being about to leave then it hits, i'm sick, whiter than a ghost and having to lie down before i pass out and trying to phone work to see if i can get a holiday cos there's no way i could drive when i'm like that

i'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and it's due the day before i leave but gonna get those tablets from the dr to postpone it til i come back. done that loads and it's good if they work! i'll just end up pmt'd for weeks lol

the pain and cramps are one thing....the sickness etc is the worst part and i find i plan things around it - cos i know there's a chance i couldn't commit to something if i was having a bad one - rubbish eh :(

but once the initial bad part is done, i know i'm totally fine...i can imagine there are people who are a whole lot worse so i'm lucky is just for a wee while for me!

i'm not on the pill or anything and i know there's a chance that going on it could help me...but i'm so terrified of gaining weight if i started it and that's why i put up with it!

anyway...glossing is all done...back is killing me, stuff lying everywhere and i'm starving but it's done. only stopped to eat some fruit and fibre cereal so not really sure how food is for the rest of the day. desperately need shopping - fridge stuff but will get that sorted tomorrow i think x

Oh this all sounds awful you poor thing! I'm on the pill and it doesn't make you gain weight, I changed pills whilst still losing weight too and it didn't make a difference, you could just try it and see what happens.

Then Norethisterone tablets are the ones you mean I think, they're great I've had them before when going on holiday and they've always worked x

Oh this all sounds awful you poor thing! I'm on the pill and it doesn't make you gain weight, I changed pills whilst still losing weight too and it didn't make a difference, you could just try it and see what happens.

Then Norethisterone tablets are the ones you mean I think, they're great I've had them before when going on holiday and they've always worked x

I was on the pill from 15, and I didn't put on weight with it. Just changed mine now before I try the implant and I don't think that's affected my weight. It has had the lovely affect of only 1 period in 3 months tho! Dream come true ATM! Xx

i'm so terrified that i'd gain...i don't even want to try! :(
i think if i was guaranteed that i wouldn't....i'd def give it a bash...even though i kinda think don't muck about with nature (only cos it took for me to lose a lot of weight before they became regular and 4 weekly instead of whenever they decided lol) it would make such a huge difference for me!

yep, rochelle, it's those tablets...i've taken them every time i've been away and they've worked all but once. the best part is knowing that i can control when it comes - so i can be prepared or work it round a day i'm not at work so i can feel passy outy in my own home instead of at work or out somewhere with people asking if i'm ok etc lol

to be honest, i just get on with it...but every now and then, when i talk about it, i do think...potentially i could have helped make them more bearable if i'd gone and seen about it a long time ago! silly me!!

i'm just home - it's 3:30 am and i know i should go straight to bed cos i've got a few things to do tomorrow (well, today!) but you know that way i kinda need to unwind otherwise i'll go and lie awake for ages! x

wasn't partying....my friend works in a night club and i was down chatting to her while she worked...so not a proper night out but god i'd have been as well getting hammered cos i feel awful today?!

up about 9 this morning so a few hrs sleep but not what i planned lol

the weather is awful today, my head was pounding this morning but seems to have lifted now that we've had some thunder and torrential rain! :(

food's not been great today so far....bowl of fruit and fibre this morning, a raisin bake thing (kellog's 11's thing - LOVE!! lol) and a scone!
ach well, i don't even feel bad! lol x

You havnt eaten a lot though even though not slimming world! Aww I always get bad heads from heavy thundery weather too it's awful isn't it! X

i hadn't eaten a lot when i posted that....i've since had half a fish supper from the chippy and a fruit and nut!

ach well....typically i'm suffering tummy wise for it now but i did enjoy it :)

been trying to work out a typical sw day for me and compare to ww points...the only pro's i can see are that goodies would seem more worth it and i could have takeaways at the weekends....but i'm not liking that it's higher points for some healthier things...but only 5 for a cream egg. well, obviously i like it, lol but it's madness in a sense if you get what i mean?

i need to have a think about things...portion control isn't really what i need to worry about (i don't think anyway) it's just the part where if you have something like a pre packed sandwich or a 6 inch chicken salad subway....it's almost illegal on sw cos it's not been wm bread etc...
it's 5pp for a corn on the cob from nandos or 9 for chips (going with my eating out book from doing the plan before)....no doubt i'd pick the chips lol, but it's not the healthiest choice obviously....and i dunno how i feel about that side of things if you get me?

i'd be on 31 points and definitely think i'd automatically go to make healthier meals...but for me personally, i dunno if i'd resort straight back to low point rubbish cos i could get more rather than picking what was the better option?!

wish i hadn't looked on IG all day at ww stuff...my head is buzzing...i have books everywhere and scribbles of food i eat on sw and what it would be on ww....eurgh! lol

bought the new sw mag last night....thought it was new and just discovered it was the last one...which i already have...grrrrr...total waste of money and it was probably about £3! :(

happy that it's monday tomorrow....but i'm not quite sure what i'll be doing when i get up food wise :confused: :confused: x

I did ww before I got married, didn't lose that much tbh, but at the time I thought I was doing ok. When I started sw I found my Ww books, and each week my weight would be down then up. Then I thought back, I used to eat fruit, yoghurt and tiny crust less toasts for breakfast- as was about 2.5 pp, ham salad with dressing for lunch- maybe 2pp, and then I'd have enough pp left to have half a pizza and some chips for tea, or a Chinese and some chocolate.
As soon as I stopped ww, I ate normal toast, maybe a sandwhich or something for lunch and similar teas, and I piled it on. I obviously hadn't learnt anything.
I like some of what Ww is about, I like the exercise points, but because I can eat as much pasta as I want I find I don't actually need more syns, because they'd be eaten on rubbish food.
And tbh, things like a subway roll, for the odd time I would eat it, I'd count as hex b.
i think it could help me with my portion sizes, but I don't think I'm ready enough to go back yet.
Xxx

I did ww before I got married, didn't lose that much tbh, but at the time I thought I was doing ok. When I started sw I found my Ww books, and each week my weight would be down then up. Then I thought back, I used to eat fruit, yoghurt and tiny crust less toasts for breakfast- as was about 2.5 pp, ham salad with dressing for lunch- maybe 2pp, and then I'd have enough pp left to have half a pizza and some chips for tea, or a Chinese and some chocolate.
As soon as I stopped ww, I ate normal toast, maybe a sandwhich or something for lunch and similar teas, and I piled it on. I obviously hadn't learnt anything.
I like some of what Ww is about, I like the exercise points, but because I can eat as much pasta as I want I find I don't actually need more syns, because they'd be eaten on rubbish food.
And tbh, things like a subway roll, for the odd time I would eat it, I'd count as hex b.
i think it could help me with my portion sizes, but I don't think I'm ready enough to go back yet.
Xxx

i lost 2 stone with ww before coming to sw...but as my points went down, my hunger increased cos i was literally using 1 or 2 points by lunch time just to be able to have my wee goodies at night.

i've spent some time trying to work out what some of my sw stuff would be points wise and some was ok...others seemed high and it's put me off again.

yes, it's great that i can have chocolate and crisps for a few points...but i know, deep down, that sw makes me eat healthier foods.
i don't have massive portions, or eat stuff just for the sake of it, and i know, at times, i am aware of how many calories we can eat...but overall, i think sw keeps me on the right track for healthy insides too!

i mean, i love my carrot cake oats...and i'm sure if i switched back to ww, i'd still have it at first...but i'm wary that i would end up thinking ach, i can have a packet of popcorn and a yog for less points...and they don't have the same goodness!

i'm just back from tesco....i've had a 4lb gain and it's 100% deserved from the weekend! white roll, scones, chocolate, chippy....that's the reason....but i really am just p!ssing about on this at times i think. i am great through the week but i need to try and work a bit harder on the weekends cos i just un do all the work...and i know that some of that weight might be bloat from the grease last night but that was the result...and i'm taking it on the chin!

i had a look as i was going round at stuff i could have on ww - cos i was still undecided what to do from today. i had considered doing it from now until i'm back my holiday then either sticking to it or rejoining a sw class once i'm back....but all it made me think was that i, personally, think i'd end up having foods which were low in points...but not ideal for filling me for long and when i'm hungry...and feeling like i "can't" have anything more to eat...that's when i resent everything!

so i'm back home now, carrot oats are cooked and i'm gonna get some stuff prepared for work this week.

i know at times it annoys me how much work it is to be on plan...when i'm so busy and have no time but have to spend an hr in the kitchen just to make sure i'm on plan...but i'm not someone who can eat what they want without gaining (as i saw this morning! lol) so i need to just man up, quit mucking about and just do it!
and it's confirmed what i always thought about ww...it doesn't necessarily encourage you to cut out rubbish...it kinda says yeah, you can still have it...just have this ww cake instead of that one from gregs!

of course i want to eat cakes and not feel guilty...but having 5 donuts and being within points might be ok in the eyes of ww...but over all, and as a change of lifestyle...it's not ideal really!
low point goodies are great for someone like me who wants to eat rubbish all the time...but it's not realistic and yes, i want to eat junk every weekend so my weekly pro points would help with that....but at the end of the day, i need to address the weekend part of it for me instead of looking for a quick fix which will let me eat sh1t with less guilt!

does that make sense?

after all that yapping....the bottom line is...i ate sh1t over the weekend, have had a gain, but nothing has changed....i'm sticking with sw (until the next time i decided to reconsider lol)
i'm going to stick with the foods which are better for me, more filling (and yes, more time to prepare!) and i'm going to really try to stop expecting to be 8 stone by next monday! pmsl x

i lost 2 stone with ww before coming to sw...but as my points went down, my hunger increased cos i was literally using 1 or 2 points by lunch time just to be able to have my wee goodies at night.

i've spent some time trying to work out what some of my sw stuff would be points wise and some was ok...others seemed high and it's put me off again.

yes, it's great that i can have chocolate and crisps for a few points...but i know, deep down, that sw makes me eat healthier foods.
i don't have massive portions, or eat stuff just for the sake of it, and i know, at times, i am aware of how many calories we can eat...but overall, i think sw keeps me on the right track for healthy insides too!

i mean, i love my carrot cake oats...and i'm sure if i switched back to ww, i'd still have it at first...but i'm wary that i would end up thinking ach, i can have a packet of popcorn and a yog for less points...and they don't have the same goodness!

i'm just back from tesco....i've had a 4lb gain and it's 100% deserved from the weekend! white roll, scones, chocolate, chippy....that's the reason....but i really am just p!ssing about on this at times i think. i am great through the week but i need to try and work a bit harder on the weekends cos i just un do all the work...and i know that some of that weight might be bloat from the grease last night but that was the result...and i'm taking it on the chin!

i had a look as i was going round at stuff i could have on ww - cos i was still undecided what to do from today. i had considered doing it from now until i'm back my holiday then either sticking to it or rejoining a sw class once i'm back....but all it made me think was that i, personally, think i'd end up having foods which were low in points...but not ideal for filling me for long and when i'm hungry...and feeling like i "can't" have anything more to eat...that's when i resent everything!

so i'm back home now, carrot oats are cooked and i'm gonna get some stuff prepared for work this week.

i know at times it annoys me how much work it is to be on plan...when i'm so busy and have no time but have to spend an hr in the kitchen just to make sure i'm on plan...but i'm not someone who can eat what they want without gaining (as i saw this morning! lol) so i need to just man up, quit mucking about and just do it!
and it's confirmed what i always thought about ww...it doesn't necessarily encourage you to cut out rubbish...it kinda says yeah, you can still have it...just have this ww cake instead of that one from gregs!

of course i want to eat cakes and not feel guilty...but having 5 donuts and being within points might be ok in the eyes of ww...but over all, and as a change of lifestyle...it's not ideal really!
low point goodies are great for someone like me who wants to eat rubbish all the time...but it's not realistic and yes, i want to eat junk every weekend so my weekly pro points would help with that....but at the end of the day, i need to address the weekend part of it for me instead of looking for a quick fix which will let me eat sh1t with less guilt!

does that make sense?

after all that yapping....the bottom line is...i ate sh1t over the weekend, have had a gain, but nothing has changed....i'm sticking with sw (until the next time i decided to reconsider lol)
i'm going to stick with the foods which are better for me, more filling (and yes, more time to prepare!) and i'm going to really try to stop expecting to be 8 stone by next monday! pmsl x

thats the real dream isn't it!! 8 stone by next Monday!!! Ha ha. I know it's tough Hun! Totally get it!! But I just keep trying to think about how great it will be to be skinny again. My sis has a pic of me on her fridge and I want to get back to that! And at the time I thought I was fat!!
i remember dieting about 6 years ago, and getting annoyed that my body would shift lower than 150lb!! I'd kill to be at 150lb not at 190 odd lbs I worked out yesterday!!
well done on getting back on it.!!!
what about allowing yourself weekend points? So only letting yourself have say 9 syns during the week. So Saturday and Sunday you'd have 30 syns to play with each day? Still within weekly syns?
You don't seem to have too many syns during the week that you'd struggle with 9.
And on a more positive note, I think you'll get most if not all of your gain off again by next Monday! Not quite down to 8st but that would be great wouldn't it? xx

thats the real dream isn't it!! 8 stone by next Monday!!! Ha ha. I know it's tough Hun! Totally get it!! But I just keep trying to think about how great it will be to be skinny again. My sis has a pic of me on her fridge and I want to get back to that! And at the time I thought I was fat!!
i remember dieting about 6 years ago, and getting annoyed that my body would shift lower than 150lb!! I'd kill to be at 150lb not at 190 odd lbs I worked out yesterday!!
well done on getting back on it.!!!
what about allowing yourself weekend points? So only letting yourself have say 9 syns during the week. So Saturday and Sunday you'd have 30 syns to play with each day? Still within weekly syns?
You don't seem to have too many syns during the week that you'd struggle with 9.
And on a more positive note, I think you'll get most if not all of your gain off again by next Monday! Not quite down to 8st but that would be great wouldn't it?  xx

what do you mean i won't be 8 stone by next monday? what about superfree...?? awwww Emma...you know how to knock a gal! ;) lol

who wants to be 8 stone anyway eh ...pfffft!

i've never kept syns back...just always average about 10 but never thought about the whole weekly amount.
weighing straight after my rubbish prob isn't a true reflection....i wasn't even gonna go but i decided to shock myself into reality! and i think giving the whole ww v sw a thought, it's helped show me that sw is about healthy changes for life...healthy changes for my whole body and not just on the scales....maybe i needed it.

if portion control was my trouble, it would be good to swap...but honestly, i don't overly fill my plate so i'm not greedy that way...i just like junk!

my sister found out last week that she has intolerances to yeast, milk, cottage cheese, wheat and gluten and had to eat clean last week....she lost 11lbs yesterday! i'm totally thrilled..she's really over weight and always has been, she has A LOT to lose and i worry for her a lot but i was so chuffed for her and told her that even if she lost 1lb a week...across the year it would all add up - think i need to remember that for myself and maybe aim for 1lb a week off instead of hoping for 3 or 4 all the time!

i also found a pic of me recently from when i'd lost weight before. i was still just over 11 stone (so technically, still a lot overweight!!) but god i was all head! like a bloody lollipop lol...bones galore and i can just remember being so paranoid about my size....wtf is it with us eh!

slowly but surely...that's what we (i) need to drill into myself x

what do you mean i won't be 8 stone by next monday? what about superfree...?? awwww Emma...you know how to knock a gal! ;) lol

who wants to be 8 stone anyway eh ...pfffft!

i've never kept syns back...just always average about 10 but never thought about the whole weekly amount.
weighing straight after my rubbish prob isn't a true reflection....i wasn't even gonna go but i decided to shock myself into reality! and i think giving the whole ww v sw a thought, it's helped show me that sw is about healthy changes for life...healthy changes for my whole body and not just on the scales....maybe i needed it.

if portion control was my trouble, it would be good to swap...but honestly, i don't overly fill my plate so i'm not greedy that way...i just like junk!

my sister found out last week that she has intolerances to yeast, milk, cottage cheese, wheat and gluten and had to eat clean last week....she lost 11lbs yesterday! i'm totally thrilled..she's really over weight and always has been, she has A LOT to lose and i worry for her a lot but i was so chuffed for her and told her that even if she lost 1lb a week...across the year it would all add up - think i need to remember that for myself and maybe aim for 1lb a week off instead of hoping for 3 or 4 all the time!

i also found a pic of me recently from when i'd lost weight before. i was still just over 11 stone (so technically, still a lot overweight!!) but god i was all head! like a bloody lollipop lol...bones galore and i can just remember being so paranoid about my size....wtf is it with us eh!

slowly but surely...that's what we (i) need to drill into myself x

Haha, that strikes a chord with me - I remember constantly berating myself for being a size 10..... Only in my dreams now! Blimey.

Hey chick!

I remember you making egg wraps a while back- are they literally a rolled up omelette? X

Back