Everyone else has got one... so now it's my turn

Erm... what do you think you were doing, stepping onto the scales in between weigh ins?!?!
Naughty naughty Trina.
You know what this means don't you?!
:whoopass:

Whew.

Glad to sit down.

So obvs there was the rushing around this morning.
But I soon sweated out my annoyance and managed to get to work by 945, meaning I was able to finish work at 145 for my job centre appointment at 2.
Only when I looked at my card, it was at 230.
Doh.
So I decided to park at the other end of town and walk up to the job centre (had to get my steps in somewhere haha).

I decided not to tell them today that I've got a job - I'm gonna phone them up on Friday and let them know once I've been paid.
Because last time I was on JSA and got a job, I tried to tell them and sign off, and they told me if I sign off on that day, they wouldn't pay me for the previous 2 weeks.
Which I found out of order, because I hadn't worked for those 2 weeks.
They were supposed to be paying me for the 2 weeks just gone, not the 2 weeks coming.
Gah!
So yeah, played them at their own games this time.
Because technically I won't have started on Friday - I just need that money.

Got home and had an hour or so to myself, so just sat on the internet.

Then youth club.
Tonight was quite hectic - we were down a member of staff.
I was in the kitchen making chocolate crunch balls and marshmallow rice crispies, so I didn't even see the entire group, yet I'm bloody exhausted.

I left my boy a little note in his bed yesterday morning after he'd gone to work, just telling him how much he means to me and how much I appreciate him and how happy he makes me, and he found it this morning.
Then he sent me the sweetest text message ever saying similar things back, which really sent any remaining irritation out of me.

Getting my customer service training on Thursday ready for my new job on Monday.
Work went quickly today - was only 4 hours instead of 6 (worked 8 yesterday to make up for it because I knew I had to go to the job centre today), so a nice little taster of a 4 hour shift (although I'm used to doing them as I used to work 4 hour shifts at my old retail job - well... when I wasn't doing extra hours that is, which was a lot of the time haha).

I've just had WW Beef Ravioli for dinner (one of my faves), and think I've got about 7 points left to have a really nice treat because I made a muck up with lunch today (made it, forgetting 4 hour shifts don't have breaks) and didn't have time to stop and grab a piece of fruit at youth club today.
I like to take fruit with me whilst the young people are eating their tuck shop to stop me from being tempted with all the goodies - although most of the stuff they sell are fizzy drinks and chocolate and I don't consume either.

Anyway, I'm rambling again.
I've hit my 12000 steps, so now I'm chilling.

Hope you've all had a good day.

Speak soon
x

Wow I just get exhausted reading about your day lol!

Glad it quickly turned into a positive day after a irritating start.

I'm sure that customer services will be grand I used to love playing on the tannoy at work (until somebody would make u laugh and it would go to pot lol!)

Have a good Wednesday Hun x

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I just get exhausted reading about your day lol!

Glad it quickly turned into a positive day after a irritating start.

I'm sure that customer services will be grand I used to love playing on the tannoy at work (until somebody would make u laugh and it would go to pot lol!)

Have a good Wednesday Hun x

completing my first 5k 21st July 2013 Joanna Gibson is fundraising for Cancer Research UK "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Thanks for reading.
I do tend to ramble a lot so I admire you for being able to get through my posts haha.

I do feel tired today... and it's only Tuesday =/ Haha.
Still got 3 days left to go this week before my final non working weekend.

I've worked in retail before and done till work before, but never solely customer service and tried to avoid the tannoy when possible because I do stumble.
I've explained that to the CS manager, and he says it's fine, he'll build me up to it.

Will be cool to learn something new in store, get till trained, but I have been enjoying putting stock out, pricing, assisting the customers.
I'm just gonna end up with ratty customers =( Haha

Thanks Jo... hope you have a good wednesday and rest of the week too =)
x

I think your guna do great hun. I bet u wil have those grumpy customers smiling im no time. Oh yeh 4got bout woopass. Il never do it again i promise.x:D

Thanks for reading.
I do tend to ramble a lot so I admire you for being able to get through my posts haha.

I do feel tired today... and it's only Tuesday =/ Haha.
Still got 3 days left to go this week before my final non working weekend.

I've worked in retail before and done till work before, but never solely customer service and tried to avoid the tannoy when possible because I do stumble.
I've explained that to the CS manager, and he says it's fine, he'll build me up to it.

Will be cool to learn something new in store, get till trained, but I have been enjoying putting stock out, pricing, assisting the customers.
I'm just gonna end up with ratty customers =( Haha

Thanks Jo... hope you have a good wednesday and rest of the week too =)
x

There not a ramble :)

You will be grand I'm sure, it's nerve racking at first but I'm sure before long u will be jumping on tannoys in random shops :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Argh! Just seen my rota. They've put me on a late on a Wednesday, which means missing TWO classes - and they're two of the harder classes. Shall have to try and find them elsewhere in the week.
They've also rota'd me on on a Thursday mornin 830-1230, which is one of my requests not to do because that's weigh in day =( Might ask if I can get those two switched so I do an early on Wednesday, meaning I can go to my classes and a late on a Thursday (only missing Zumba that way and I do Zumba on a Saturday anyway)

Argh! Just seen my rota. They've put me on a late on a Wednesday, which means missing TWO classes - and they're two of the harder classes. Shall have to try and find them elsewhere in the week.
They've also rota'd me on on a Thursday mornin 830-1230, which is one of my requests not to do because that's weigh in day =( Might ask if I can get those two switched so I do an early on Wednesday, meaning I can go to my classes and a late on a Thursday (only missing Zumba that way and I do Zumba on a Saturday anyway)

Hey I'm Back :) Well Done on your Job Offer, hopefully you can swap your Wednesday and Thursday around. Good Luck for tomorrow Sweetie. X

Welcome back Serena. We missed you muchos.

And thanks ladies... Hopefully they'll let me. Gonna speak to the customer services supervisor tomorrow when he does my training. They let other people go to their slimming world weigh ins, so why shouldn't I be allowed to go to my weight watchers one.
Cuz I know that if I don't go, I'm likely to slip =(

And thanks ladies... Hopefully they'll let me. Gonna speak to the customer services supervisor tomorrow when he does my training. They let other people go to their slimming world weigh ins, so why shouldn't I be allowed to go to my weight watchers one.

Well its only fair to let u go aswel hun. How r u feeling bout 2moz.x

That will be Slimmingclubist! Where are u working Sweetie? Forgot to ask that bit lol. PS-I noticed how quiet it was without me lol x

Well its only fair to let u go aswel hun. How r u feeling bout 2moz.x

Well hopefully it won't be a problem.
I did mention it to the supervisor and he said that was fine, and he wasn't in today, but the rota was up, so someone's obvs done the rota without him.
It's probably because I accidentally said I weighed on a wednesday and then said I meant thursday, so they must've heard the first day only.

I'm actually feeling ok about tomorrow.
Need another 2.5lbs to stay on track.
Then only need one more 2.5lbs and 3 2lbs and I'm at goal on time.
It's just getting those 2.5lbs that's the problem as I'll be working.
But other than missing the classes on a wednesday, it's not looking too bad.
I can skip the gym workout on my early morning shift and do it on a monday because I don't go to the gym on monday mornings, 5 days is just too much.
And I believe the body tone I do on wednesday nights is on during the day on tuesdays, and I've got tuesdays off.
Just gotta look at the timetable and see when an alternative to wednesday night body combat is.
And if I do a late on a wednesday, it means I can go back to spirals pilates on a wednesday afternoon.

How are you feeling?
As I already mentioned, I'm sure you'll be fine.
It's not even a whole half a pound you "put on".

That will be Slimmingclubist! Where are u working Sweetie? Forgot to ask that bit lol. PS-I noticed how quiet it was without me lol x

Indeed it would.

Think it's just a misunderstanding.

And I'm working at The Range.
It's the job I've been at doing work experience through the job centre for the last 6 weeks.
Well... I've been working on the shop floor putting out stock and stuff, but the manager has decided that I'll be better on customer services because I'm "chatty", "bubbly" and "always got a smile on my face".

And yeah... been uber quiet.
You are our leader.
We all fall to pieces without you haha

Well hopefully it won't be a problem.
I did mention it to the supervisor and he said that was fine, and he wasn't in today, but the rota was up, so someone's obvs done the rota without him.
It's probably because I accidentally said I weighed on a wednesday and then said I meant thursday, so they must've heard the first day only.

I'm actually feeling ok about tomorrow.
Need another 2.5lbs to stay on track.
Then only need one more 2.5lbs and 3 2lbs and I'm at goal on time.
It's just getting those 2.5lbs that's the problem as I'll be working.
But other than missing the classes on a wednesday, it's not looking too bad.
I can skip the gym workout on my early morning shift and do it on a monday because I don't go to the gym on monday mornings, 5 days is just too much.
And I believe the body tone I do on wednesday nights is on during the day on tuesdays, and I've got tuesdays off.
Just gotta look at the timetable and see when an alternative to wednesday night body combat is.
And if I do a late on a wednesday, it means I can go back to spirals pilates on a wednesday afternoon.

How are you feeling?
As I already mentioned, I'm sure you'll be fine.
It's not even a whole half a pound you "put on".

Sounds like your getting sorted hun and r tryin to fit your exercise in. Gosh cant believe u wil b at goal so quick but u have worked so hard 4 it. Im feelin realy nervous because i deserve sumthing. Ive worked my butt off this week and realy want to c a loss. I Just dont want to get in the mindset of whats the point if i dont c a loss.x

Sounds like your getting sorted hun and r tryin to fit your exercise in. Gosh cant believe u wil b at goal so quick but u have worked so hard 4 it. Im feelin realy nervous because i deserve sumthing. Ive worked my butt off this week and realy want to c a loss. I Just dont want to get in the mindset of whats the point if i dont c a loss.x

It just seems so crazy how quickly I've gotten to where I am.
Just 9 weeks, with 4 more to go before my birthday and I'd like to be at goal by then.

And to think - my original goal was January 1st 2014.
If I get to goal on my birthday, I'll have done it in 13 weeks - that's just 1/4 of a year.
Mental!

Hoping u get your shifts sorted I agree it would be so unfair! X

completing my first 5k 21st July 2013 Joanna Gibson is fundraising for Cancer Research UK "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Thanks... I'll keep everyone updated.
They've already given me tuesdays as my day off, which was my other request - well, not the entire day off, just no work after 4 because I do my voluntary youth work on a tuesday evening from 5, so I can't see having thursday mornings off being a problem

Indeed it would.

Think it's just a misunderstanding.

And I'm working at The Range.
It's the job I've been at doing work experience through the job centre for the last 6 weeks.
Well... I've been working on the shop floor putting out stock and stuff, but the manager has decided that I'll be better on customer services because I'm "chatty", "bubbly" and "always got a smile on my face".

And yeah... been uber quiet.
You are our leader.
We all fall to pieces without you haha

Omg I'm so jealous, I LOVE The Range! It does some great product ranges (sorry couldn't resist lol) I love the fact that Minimins went to pieces without me lol, I will try not to vanish again! X

Omg I'm so jealous, I LOVE The Range! It does some great product ranges (sorry couldn't resist lol) I love the fact that Minimins went to pieces without me lol, I will try not to vanish again! X

No dont leave us again. We was like sulking kids that couldnt muster up a simple convo haha.x

Back