Everyone giving up for Christmas?

Oh no I really hope people aren't giving up! I've decided over Christmas I'm going to try really hard to just sts. I'm never going to lose, that much is certain, but I'm still making an effort. As much as I'd love to go mad with a Terrys Chocolate Orange or a tin of Roses, it means too much to me to give up. Plus I'm actually getting a real buzz from avoiding things. Dessert on offer last night was sticky toffee pudding and I resisted. An hour later it made me feel good I'd said no. If I'd had it, it would have been over and done with by that point and I'd have been 12 points down! Knowing I managed was much better than the little sugar rush I'd have got. :)

My only little daily issue is that my boyfriend was in Brussells and brought me back a Neuhaus advent calendar so am still having a (very good) sweet treat every day. :)

Good luck everyone!! Keep strong!

That's really good about the non fat stripping as I am obsessed with that sorta stuff lol and yeah I suppose £2.48 is average and plus it's weight Watchers so what do you expect really :)

Asda. Was umm-ing and arrr-ing about getting them as they were £2.48 for a pack. But compared with just normal bacon it wasn't too bad, and I didn't have to worry about the fiddly horrible-fat stripping bit!

Hello you two!! Are we well?! What you planning for Christmas? Im not going to point on Christmas day - just guna not over-do it... im going to be realistic about it all and not expect to lose any i think... No point denying myself or i will end up bingeing i reckon! xx

Even more reason to stick with it - I fitted into my pink croc wellies, finally! and I tried on the dress I need to fit into in 4 weeks time and its tight but getting there and it looks like I have a waist too... no mince pies, pringles or roses for me!! lol hang in there all! xx

Hello you two!! Are we well?! What you planning for Christmas? Im not going to point on Christmas day - just guna not over-do it... im going to be realistic about it all and not expect to lose any i think... No point denying myself or i will end up bingeing i reckon! xx

I'm great thanks Bex. Just had a ridiculously long day of Christmas Caroling and then a concert in Lancaster. My poor lips are well and truly knackered.

Unfortuately, I didn't have time to eat until 11pm! So I've just had a really unhealthy McDonalds. I could have quite easily gone to bed without eating, but I didn't want my body to think about entering 'starvation mode' - even though it probably has.
Boo!

As for christmas day, I think I am actually going to point it - there's nothing stopping me really. I've told my mum that i'm goign to bring some WW snacks, so when they're munching on Pringles I'll have my WW Cheesy Puffs, and when they have the celebrations i'll have my WW Choc bar. Yum! :)
x

I think Il just save my weekly points as a buffer zone for Christmas and Boxing day. I know I will gain but hopefully it wont be too much. Anyone who can lose over Christmas and New Year must be very strong willed well done.

Morning all :D hope everyone is nice and warm and cozy on this freeeeezy Sunday morn ;)

I have the dilemma that I am going to my grandma's for Christmas this year and I have asked her what she has planned for food for the few days I'm there and it's just looking like a nice roast on Christmas day which isn't too bad (won't be turkey tho unfortunately coz she doesn't like it :() and I know she won't do anything boxing day it will prob be pickles and cheese and bread or crackers or something so I can hopefully just stick to my own thing :) but as for the rest of the time I'm there I'm just gonna take it easy and not stress about it too much :D

My ww leader umm'd and ahh'd when I asked if she was opening this Wednesday and said she would txt me to let me know but I really hope they are :) I need some more choc cookie bars and some rice crisp things :D

Here's to a very merry Christmas xxx take care everyone :party0049:

After me starting this post, I ended up stuck at my parents house for longer than anticipated yesterday with a killing hangover waiting to see what way the snow went before heading back to Glasgow.

House isn't WW friendly and my hangover stomach was in full flow so pointing yesterday went out the window.

Something in the back of my head was going "might as well leave it now until after Christmas, enjoy the week leading up to it too".

Then 2 things struck me, 1 - I really would, deep down, instantly regret it and there is little satisfaction to get from it

2 - I made this bloody thread and didn't want to appear like a hypocrite :D

After me starting this post, I ended up stuck at my parents house for longer than anticipated yesterday with a killing hangover waiting to see what way the snow went before heading back to Glasgow.

House isn't WW friendly and my hangover stomach was in full flow so pointing yesterday went out the window.

Something in the back of my head was going "might as well leave it now until after Christmas, enjoy the week leading up to it too".

Then 2 things struck me, 1 - I really would, deep down, instantly regret it and there is little satisfaction to get from it

2 - I made this bloody thread and didn't want to appear like a hypocrite :D

I wouldnt say hypocrite at all, just do what you think is best, I never pointed yesterday as my hangover took control and I had chinese and everything, but I did still feel guilty although today I have woken up and I have pointed my breakfast but I really really dont want to be pointing or tracking I just want to enjoy this time of year, so the way I may be looking at it is that its only 1 week ish out of the whole year and we are not going to regain everything we have lost (well hopefully) would be quite dramatic if we did lol so I am not bothered if I lose control later on today because I know after Christmas I will be back on the wagon properly and just pick up from where I left of no problem :) So go with what you want to do and forget your guilt although that can be hard

i gave up way before xmas time began haha oops! :p been off plan for over a month now, and i'm still around the same weight hehe like the fact ive maintained without trying :D but straight back at it in new year! atm im just eating whatever and liking it yumyum fooddd! :p bring on the turkey dinner *licks lips*

I'm going to relax it. It's Christmas, I want to enjoy myself, although I'm not going to go mad (Although I easily could). After Christmas though I'll certainly be back on it religiously.

Last weigh in before Christmas, hope its a loss as ive been on this plan for 6 weeks and have lost every week up until now.

I wouldnt say hypocrite at all, just do what you think is best, I never pointed yesterday as my hangover took control and I had chinese and everything, but I did still feel guilty although today I have woken up and I have pointed my breakfast but I really really dont want to be pointing or tracking I just want to enjoy this time of year, so the way I may be looking at it is that its only 1 week ish out of the whole year and we are not going to regain everything we have lost (well hopefully) would be quite dramatic if we did lol so I am not bothered if I lose control later on today because I know after Christmas I will be back on the wagon properly and just pick up from where I left of no problem :) So go with what you want to do and forget your guilt although that can be hard

Good plan!!! Just how i feel... i havent tracked this week, although i have been quite careful and that is how i plan to carry on until 2nd Dec! Just have a bit of what i fancy when i fancy it, not agonise over it but not go crackers :) x

I'm with you on that, but my week is running from Christmas Eve - January 1st (night out Xmas Eve up to a wedding on the first with lots going on inbetween).

In fairness it's more the deadly mix of eating and drinking that will be my downfall. If I go on a wee food or beer bender it tends to be alright...never really done both!

...but will be as of Friday night.

(not that I'm counting down or anything :rolleyes:)

My meeting for this week has been cancelled due to the snow :-( will have to wait til 5th jan now before I can weigh again....I've already had a bad weekend so I will just have to be a bit careful over the next couple of weeks :(

Hope everyone has a good christmas xx

I am now glad I didn't give in after my weekend. Lost 1.25lb this week giving me a total of 6.5lb for December. This has been lost so as to allow for a gain over the period so I can enjoy myself a bit more :D

I haven't given up but i haven't given it my all either. I am a social butterfly, esp in December so my aim was to STS til new year and then lose 3 stone by July! I have STS the past 2 weeks and I am pleased with that.

I do think that in January I may return to discovery though as ppts just ain't doing it for me. So I think it may be worth my while cancelling my online membership as it just won't be applicable and I don't want to pay out just to have a little graph of my losses.

x

I did give up but am back on it today! Foolish maybe!

Grrr!
I'm at the family house until the 29th. I'm so used to living with friends and cooking all myself. I've come home and if I even try to look at the NI on the packets just for my peace of mind my mum gets annoyed and tells me to enjoy Christmas. It's doing my head in.
I am going to enjoy Christmas, but it's just a normal day like anything else. I almost feel bad for dieting and I don't want to feel like this.

rant over...

Back