Everyone has a fat friend... I don't want to be yours! 2013...

Todays food looks good chick. I made a massive pan of butternut squash and red pepper soup last night to take in for my lunches ( I make it often), i poured it out of my flask took the first mouthful and thought - This tastes disgusting so I threw it down the sink. I dont know what id done differently to all the other times ive made it but it just didnt taste right. Ive come home tonight and thrown the whole panful away.

Got some broth in the slow cooker now - and im making a chilli for tomorrow night so should be ok x

I need to start making some soup, do you any recipes I could pinch please Texty?
The cafe at work did a lovely carrot and corriander soup last week, I don't usually like it but it was delicious.
They have cooked a full chicken for tomorrow so I know I'm going to have chicken and bacon salad at lunch time, mmmm!
Do you find the soup is filling? xx

I only ever make the butternut squash one and my homemade broth cos I know I like them lol im quite reluctant to try different soups as im not a massive fan.

I think a lot make the carrot and lentil one I know it has pickled onions in it lol but wouldnt know the ingredients. Mrs Wilsoncroft would help you with that one. I dont know if there is an actual soup thread on here, pete (bilsat) makes some lovely ones he has a full index of recipes if you wanted to try those ill try and find the links for you x

I do sweet pot & butternut squash - or 1 or the other!! Roast bnut & when ready scoop into liquidiser. I add skimmed milk. Then add dried chilli flakes, garlic & coriander. You can add stock or water or more milk if you like it runnier. Yum yum. Got the idea as went to restaurant and they served it - but with coconut milk and that's just too 'synful'!!

Hi there! Thanks for the soup ideas, I am going to make a few soups over the weekend and freeze them for work. Will let you know how I get on!
Well it weigh in number 2 tomorrow... I'm feeling really nervous! I really want to lose 3lbs this week. Then I'll set my target for 2lbs per week until the end of February.
I have eaten well today, I'm definitely getting into a routine:

Breakfast: 2 wholemeal toasts and flora light (2 syns worth)
Lunch: bacon, chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion. a muller light and a packet of skips (4 syns)
Tea: not had it yet but were having pork and lots of veg... not sure what veg the OH is cooking
Snacks: quavers (4.5) cherries, pineapple, pomegranate and satsuma

I hate the day before weigh in, i suddenly feel really bloated and wayyy heavier than ever!
Has everyone had a good day? xx

100% still since new year which I'm so pleased about. I'm not even tempted- and that's not normal for me although wk 3 is always my danger week!!

Very good luck tomorrow - let us know how you get on x

Hi nettie looks like another good day for you. Im sure your WI tomorrow will be a good one.

I didnt give my Consultant a figure for next week as whenever I do I never lose so i just said a loss would be good for next week. Im still in agony with my back jut wish the drugs would start to kick in.

Im determined to have a good week this week, I have no plans to go out or anything so should be ok

Good evening all!
Well a loss of 4lbs this week! 10lbs in 2 weeks.
Had a good day food wise today.
Breakfast: weetabix and milk (hex a and b)
Lunch: winter veg soup (dunno what was in it but its a SW recipe which was made by the lady who runs the community cafe at work), cheese toastie (hex a and b)
Tea: undecided, waiting for OH to come home
Snacks: cherries, satsuma, pineapple
Syns: none yet, will probably treat myself to a few chocolate hob nobs with a cup of tea later

Still feeling very positive and what could be more encouraging than your 8 year old son saying he is proud to have me as his mum! He is counting down the 70lbs I want to lose with me.
I also just want to say thank you so much for taking an interest in my diary and all the encouragement and support you give me xx

10lbs is AMAZING it took me months to do that when i was on weight watchers!! Well done you should be so proud!

10lbs is AMAZING it took me months to do that when i was on weight watchers!! Well done you should be so proud!

Thank you so much, I am proud of myself and can't wait to start feeling the difference. Someone at work said that you can see it on my face but I just cant wait to get some junk out of my trunk lol x

My clothes feel the same I think. When I lost weight the first time I lost 2stone 2lbs and dropped a dress size on the bottom and 2 sizes on top. I lost it from my face first, then round my shoulders, neck and collar bone and from my bum (AKA my parcel shelf lol) I think it all kind of happened at once last time, I think I just woke up one day and my jeans were too big. I usually buy new clothes at least every 2 weeks and it has killed me not buying anything since just before christmas but there is no point at the moment. Bring on size 20, I have a big shopping list lol x

Lol at least you seem to be going the same way,
I have been saying im not buying clothes till i loose weight for faaarrr too long, i lost about a stone (so 2 stone lighter than i am at the mo) 6 months ago and bought the startings of a new job... Then put it all back o. And then some... So i have lovely new jeans and clothes that im too fat 4 :(

you wont be too fat for them for long! I was thinking of buying something that will be my goal outfit but decided against it, I'm just going to buy stuff as I need it. I'd love to buy a pair of river island jeans one day, or be able to go shopping with my skinny friend.
How much do you want to lose? x

I have a pair of size 12 river island jeans that id like to fit into eventually! They were my favourite jeans ever :)

I want to loose a minimum of 70lbs which should take me to the highest healthy weight range (although if i make it i will have a wee party at 13st which should be me no longer obese!) seems so far away though! What about yourself? X

I'd also like to lose 70lbs but thats just this year, I may want to lose another 28lbs after that but it will depend how I feel.
The women in my family all have bigger thighs and bums and I wouldnt want to look skinny on top and massive on the bottom so I will stop when I feel comfortable and healthy.
Ideally I would like to be a 12 top which would probably be a 14 bottom. I am currently a 22 top and bottom x

I'd just like to be able to walk in any shop and know I can fit in their clothes, I'm sick of fat shopping, Although Asda and Tesco have some really nice stuff in big sizes now, I want to know that I can go anywhere. I'd love some primark linen trousers for the summer, I had them a few years ago and they were so comfy. Even though they were a size 18 I knew I could just go in, pick up a few different colours and take em straight to the til.

Evening nettie- WOW! That is so great & you should be proud of what you have achieved. The loss should really give you that boost that helps motivate us all. It's so exciting!! It works!! Keep on going & you will feel that difference in no time. I can't wait to drop a dress size - or actually to be comfy in 18 trousers. Congrats!

Back