Everyone has a fat friend... I don't want to be yours! 2013...

yeah, I get so out of breath but then by the end I think I could go for another 5 minutes or so.
I cant believe what happened today though... my neighbour has been round and complained about us using the treadmill as he can hear it... it has never been used after 8pm!
They annoy me so much! They complain about all the neighbours and we live on such a lovely street where the average age is at least 50! He is one of the very few people that dont work.. the rest are retired... and he bloddy has the cheek to complain.
He complained once when my OH was using a drill... it was 3pm! He even called the police once when the people who live back to back to us had a party in the summer and had music on at 5pm which we couldnt hear unless we were out in the garden! GRRRRR so annoyed!! I dont complain when his kids are waking me up at 6am on a weekend!

Anyway, moan over.... todays menu has been (red day):
Breakfast: Bacon on wholemeal toast 2syns for brown sauce (HEX B)
Lunch: Cheese and ham sandwich (HEX A and HEX B), pear and grapes
Tea: Salmon, brocolli, cauliflour, roasted carrots
Snacks: 2 x ww marshmallow wafers (5 syns) quavers (4.5 syns)
Drinks: 1.5 litres of water and 2 cups of tea.

Its weigh in day tomorrow... I am desperate to lose 2lbs to get me to a total of 1 stone in 5 weeks.
I am going out on saturday night for an italian meal and lots of drinks so will be having a night off, not going to count is as a flexi-syn as I really cannot plan how many syns I will have... one sambuca leads to two, which leads to many more and I shall wake up with very little memory on Sunday (which is my birthday... big 28!)
I havent been out with the girls for ages (apart from last thursday lol) and I cant wait. off to get a new outfit at some point, may even post a pic for opinions!

Everyone had a good day? xx

Hi nettie you will get that 2lb off I can sense it :D I hate people like your neighbour grrrrrrrrrr he needs to get a life lol

Apart from that hows your day been? Food wise looks good x

Hi hun, I've had a good day. Been busy at work and had a 4 hour meeting, my brain was frazzled by 5pm. Got another busy day tomorrow then at a conference on Friday followed by another 3 or 4 hour meeting! Will be happy when its weekend and I can relax. This new role at work is taking a lot of thinking and brain power, its exhausting! xx

to be honest I didnt have my lunch until 4pm today. I had my breakfast at 10:30am then had my pear at about 1:30pm, then my ham and cheese sandwich at 4pm. I wouldnt have eaten anything if my work colleagues hadn't made me... it was nearly tea time so didnt see the point really. They do look after me, I'm the youngest and everyone mothers me lol.
I don't forget to eat intentionally, I do just forget. I get busy and stuck into a piece of work and suddenly realise i havent eaten. I am getting better. I used to have the routine of if I havent eaten breakfast by 11am then I wouldnt eat til 12, if I was then in a meeting or got busy if I hadnt eaten by 2pm I would wait until i got home for tea which i would have at about 6ish... crazy i know. how im so fat i dont know, Im sure i never ate enough food to begin with :rolleyes:

Well its always been my theory too that sometimes we dont eat enough. Today I had my cereal/banana and a cuppa, then lunch was my korma and rice, I took loads of fruit in and a yogurt and just didnt get time to eat them as the phone was ringing off the hook. I do try and eat light on a weigh day, but even on Monday and Tues, OH said I dunno why you bother taking all that into work you never eat it lol. I brought boiled eggs, fruit and yogurts home on both days

lol what you like! I keep all sorts of food in the fridge at work and if I dont eat it I know someone else will. We are a very small team, only me and 5 others and we share whatever we all bring in. I've missed sharing my friends graze boxes and she has enjoyed sharing even more of my fruit and yoghurt than before i started SW.
we often eat each others lunches as we like what the other person has brought in much better! xx

Haha - there are about 50 of us just on my floor and we have one tall fridge between us, peoples food gets "stolen" not just yogurts etc but actual full lunches have been taken lol. I never use the fridge I take my cool bag and one of those blue thingys that go in the freezer to leave in your bag. Keeps my milk and my lunch fresh and MINE lol - I keep tons of snacks in my drawer and always forget to eat them too lol, like hi fi bars, velvet crunch crisps

I must remember to eat more haha

Ive flipping stayed the same again!!!!!!!! Gutted!

Ok so plan of action for next week.... lots of super free, make sure I eat 3 meals, have my syns and continue with the C25K.... any hints and tips anyone? xxx

Last edited:
You will prob have a great loss if you keep doing what your doing next week. You many find this week you are carrying fluid just from starting the running. Chin up though you are doing so well. I have downloaded the c25k but that is as far as I have got so far lol. So you are doing better than me.

When I did c25k I lost very little - even when I go to gym I'm heavier - it really does have a big effect until your body gets used to it.

Interested in all the comments about c25k - I've avoided running because of a dodgy ankle (and now the knee's going - old age!) but it looks very do-able so have earmarked the website and will try it out once we get to spring. In my rural area there's no pavements and no street lighting. What we do have is far too many big lorries taking shortcuts to avoid going through the local town! - but come lighter evenings and some warmer weather (pretty please) I'd like to have a go.

You will prob have a great loss if you keep doing what your doing next week. You many find this week you are carrying fluid just from starting the running. Chin up though you are doing so well. I have downloaded the c25k but that is as far as I have got so far lol. So you are doing better than me.

Im hoping that's what it is because I know I have been so good! Some days I haven't eaten very much food at all but the food I have eaten has been good food. I did go out for a curry last Thursday evening but like i said, i had a lamb biryani and i resisted the chips and naan.
You should give it a go honestly... although i havent lost weight this week I am hoping that i will soon be much fitter and be able to run in the park with my children xx

hi everyone... just need to sound off my emotions a lil bit... as you know (if you have read previous posts) I am going out on saturday night with some friends, well 2 of them are my friends and 3 of them are friends of a friend. Once again I am the fat friend! To top it off one of the other people we work with is out in the same place with his mates and hes asked us to meet up for drinks. I'm just comfortable enough to go out with my 2 friends and the work colleague and now I have to meet a load of strangers....... being the fat short one and I havent got anything to wear at all! Now i know why i like my own company, in my own house, i feel so sad, why cant i just enjoy nights like this?! been a little tearful tonight and i just dont want to go out :(

hi everyone... just need to sound off my emotions a lil bit... as you know (if you have read previous posts) I am going out on saturday night with some friends, well 2 of them are my friends and 3 of them are friends of a friend. Once again I am the fat friend! To top it off one of the other people we work with is out in the same place with his mates and hes asked us to meet up for drinks. I'm just comfortable enough to go out with my 2 friends and the work colleague and now I have to meet a load of strangers....... being the fat short one and I havent got anything to wear at all! Now i know why i like my own company, in my own house, i feel so sad, why cant i just enjoy nights like this?! been a little tearful tonight and i just dont want to go out :(

Hi Hun sorry ur feeling upset big hug x when I'm the weight I am at the moment I don't go out as I'm very conscious of my size & nothing I try on looks nice so I know how u feel. if its upsetting you don't go leave it till couple hrs b4 u go & tell them ur not feeling well then they won't get chance to try & talk u round :) stick with the plan & you will get to the stage where ur happy to go out, good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Hun sorry ur feeling upset big hug x when I'm the weight I am at the moment I don't go out as I'm very conscious of my size & nothing I try on looks nice so I know how u feel. if its upsetting you don't go leave it till couple hrs b4 u go & tell them ur not feeling well then they won't get chance to try & talk u round :) stick with the plan & you will get to the stage where ur happy to go out, good luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The thing is.. my 2 friends know me too well and 1 in particular is being very supportive, she has arranged to come to my house for a few drinks before hand and she has already arranged my outfit bless her... i know its just me and they dont look at me as the fat friend at all. They will know that if I cancel its because i feel fat and ugly. I feel like im going round in emotional circles, i do want to go out with them, its been ages since i had a proper night out and its my birthday on sunday. I just wish i didnt care about other peoples opinions of me but i am sure i stand out like a sore thumb. I'm going to look for the outfit tomorrow after work and hoping to get in the hairdressers on saturday afternoon then i dont have to do my own hair, ive bought some new shoes today too... i just need to get over it and go but the anxiety is awful! xx

Believe me when i say we have all been through it. When I think about it everything I do and everywhere I go I'm conscious and I hope as I get slimmer I feel better BUT the reality is not what I (we) think... no one looks negatively at us and if we feel comfy, spend some time pampering ourselves and make an effort we look as good as anyone else. Contrary to what we think, being bigger does not make us less sexy or fun or nice or attractive. The most attractive people are the ones who throw back their heads and guffaw with their mates & love what they do so I say try to just think you deserve a laugh and you're going to have it. I know it's not always that easy but I guarantee you it will be fine ... It always is. X

Hi nettie (((hugs))) sorry your feeling a little sad. I reckon by the time you have your hair done, your makeup on, and a new outfit you will feel happier, and if it takes a couple of glasses of Dutch courage to make you feel a little more comfortable so what. I think its great that your friend is so supportive you dont come across too many "TRUE" friends in life but I reckon shes one. As has been said we have all been there hun, but just think how bad you would have felt had it been months ago, before losing the fantastic amount you have. Go out and have a fab time girl hold your head up high, you will look stunning and im sure Ste will think so too. I wish I was going out have a couple for me lol xx

Hi Nettie, I know exactly where you're coming from. But look at you - you've lost nearly A STONE this month! (maybe your body image hasn't caught up with reality yet?!) so you've got something to celebrate even if you keep it to yourself on the night. You possibly don't know how lucky you are to have a supportive friend (she types with feeling). The worst bit is just getting there, so she'll help launch you on the evening and then I bet you'll enjoy yourself. (I've chickened out of setting out in the car and then regretted missing out too many times). The other side to 'a crowd of strangers' is 'meeting new people', too. Even if it isn't the greatest night out you've ever had, your expectations don't sound that high so what have you got to lose? Just keep an eye on your intake so you don't sabotage your fantastic weight loss so far. Have a good time!

Back