Exante 3 days a week?

coralprincess

Happiest Girl :D
Hi! I've just done nearly 3 months on Cambridge, got to my goal weight but now I might be thinking about losing maybe another 5lbs.

I was wondering about having shakes only Fri-Sun, since I dont work those days I find I'm picking, and TFR gave me structure and discipline and stopped it for me. I'm in no rush to lose weight, and dont think I could do it 7 days a week again anyway. I'd do Weight watchers the rest of the time.

Has anyone done anything like this? Thoughts greatly appreciated? :)

I haven't tried anything like what you're suggesting (I'm still a long way from goal), but I remember back in the day at Scottish Slimmers (and I mean waayyyy back) the maintenance plan was effectively 5 days on plan and two days off. So with exante being much more extreme you might find that 3 days on 4 days off works for you. This might work a bit like JUDDDD actually... I'm not sure you'd need to do WW the rest of the time though (as presumably this would cause weight loss) but healthy eating with treats and goodies in moderation + exercise would be a good way to go.

My only thought about part-time exante would be how challenging these three days might be for you as you'd be knocking yourself out of ketosis with your 4 maintenance days. I'd be a bit worried that you'd be ravenous on your exante days, but if you feel it could work for you I don't think there would be any harm in trying! I'd be interested to hear how you get on as although maintenance is a long way off for me I do wonder about making the transition back to "normal" eating with success...

Good luck with it!

p.s. congratulations on your AMAZING weight loss - you must be feeling incredible now xx

You may find it better to do 1-2 packs per day with meals as a transition / slower weight loss, instead of 3 days off, 4 days on. If you think about when you start, you're pinging into ketosis and losing that glycogen - you'll be yo-yo-ing in and out of ketosis, which I don't think you'll find that easy. I would consider either WS, or simple solution, or even down to just 1 pack per day and other meals, as a way of adjusting back towards food.

scotminx said:
I haven't tried anything like what you're suggesting (I'm still a long way from goal), but I remember back in the day at Scottish Slimmers (and I mean waayyyy back) the maintenance plan was effectively 5 days on plan and two days off. So with exante being much more extreme you might find that 3 days on 4 days off works for you. This might work a bit like JUDDDD actually... I'm not sure you'd need to do WW the rest of the time though (as presumably this would cause weight loss) but healthy eating with treats and goodies in moderation + exercise would be a good way to go.

My only thought about part-time exante would be how challenging these three days might be for you as you'd be knocking yourself out of ketosis with your 4 maintenance days. I'd be a bit worried that you'd be ravenous on your exante days, but if you feel it could work for you I don't think there would be any harm in trying! I'd be interested to hear how you get on as although maintenance is a long way off for me I do wonder about making the transition back to "normal" eating with success...

Good luck with it!

p.s. congratulations on your AMAZING weight loss - you must be feeling incredible now xx

Yes, I was thinking the same about the JUDD principle, I have maintained successfully for the last 3/4 weeks but I just want rid of a few more lbs ;) I couldn't have carried on CD ful time, couldn't cope with the constipation plus my head had had enough! But 3 days is do-able for me. I think I could cope with it for such a short amount of time, I did it once, right?! :D

cybill said:
You may find it better to do 1-2 packs per day with meals as a transition / slower weight loss, instead of 3 days off, 4 days on. If you think about when you start, you're pinging into ketosis and losing that glycogen - you'll be yo-yo-ing in and out of ketosis, which I don't think you'll find that easy. I would consider either WS, or simple solution, or even down to just 1 pack per day and other meals, as a way of adjusting back towards food.
Thanks for the reply. :)

It definately makes sense but I'm a bit of an obsessive all or nothing type! :( That's why I was thinking if I did 3 strict days there is no leeway for picking like I find I am doing now. I'm not going mad with it but it is inhibiting further loss (well, this week anyway)

Back