Exante Bars

lizzy27

Hello - I've had three bars in the past 9 days and I ahve a horrible upset tummy for four hours afterwards and sickly headache next morning - only after having a bar. I only have bars if I must, if I'm out and don't have a choice. I got some Tesco Ultraslim bars today, so I hope they'll be OK. Has anyone else had this type of reaction to the bars? Any ideas why?

I've eaten these bars and I'm ok.

I used to get tummy ache after the exante bars so now if I want to have a bar I'll have the tesco ultraslim ones.

No idea why the tummy ache after the exante ones though.

Thanks for your replies. Must be quite rare. I got some Tesco one yesterday, had one last night and no problem - so that's great. I'm going to try the Biggest Loser bars as well, I didn't even know we could have those as an alternative. Best of Luck

When I used to have slimfast/ultraslim bars (about 2 a day) before exante, my stomach was awful, I'd be on the loo constantly (sorry, but had to be said!) and always had a griping stomach ache, but since ive been on exante theyve stopped.
I assumed that it was too much fibre in the other bars that i wasnt used too, or a reaction to the vitamins/minerals in them im not sure. Do what suits you best, if they dont agree with you, try to avoid them :) if im out or at work and need to take a pack with me what i sometimes do is empty a sachet of shake into a water bottle, then half fill the water bottle with fresh cold water when im hungry and shake it up :) not quite as nice as a blended shake at home though!

Found this thread after a bit of searching. Have had choc orange bars 3 days running and this morning had quite a nasty episode because of them. Think they'll have to go on Ebay - all 32 of em! :S

I guess different people react differently. I reacted to the shakes rather than Bar. Good to know we can have alternatives though

loser85 i like th orange bars i could have those from if only it was allowed to sell on this site

Last edited:
sorry about that

Back