Total Solution Exante Help Needed

Hi, Im about to order my packs however Im new to Exante and would really like some advice on what to eat when at work as the shakes sound a bit faffy when out and about. There is no way I could get a whisk out at work! How do the soups work? Will add my details and stats once Ive worked it all out. Just want to get cracking with ordering the diet first of all. Many Many Thanks:family2:

I don't use a whisk in work, just use a fork to mix it up and told people I was just having a cup a soup. Or you could have your bar?

Flavour wise everyone is different. I love 3 of the soups, 3 of the shakes and despise the others! Like both bars too

The chocolate and the vanilla ones are lovely hot, I take a large mug and a milk frother (99p from Ikea). I decant the powder (just half a sachet per drink) into a small tub to take it to work so no awkward questions about it and it takes less than 20 seconds to froth it up in the cup. If anyone who I haven't told about the diet asks what I'm having I just say it's lo-cal hot chocolate or malt drink. I do add a sweetener tablet to the shakes if I have them hot though.

If you don't want to have them hot another alternative is to chop up the bars (I use Tesco Ultra-slim bars - almost identical to Exante bars nutritionally but half the price and delicious with it!) into about 20 small pieces in a small tub, lasts much longer than eating a bar straight from the packet.

I tend to have a hot chocolate or malt drink ;) at about 10am (made with half a sachet) and then the bar at lunchtime.

Edit to add: I found the soups vile and couldn't drink them if you paid me wheras the cold shakes are lovely, as are the hot choc and hot vanilla.

Thanks for your help. I have just ordered my first mixed pack so hopefully will get them Thursday. The website said I had to do the LCD at 1200 cals instead of the VLCD because my BMI is too high. Im 5` 1" and 17 stone. How I got this big Im not quite sure but I am determined to get it all back off. I would have preferred going straight into the VLCD really. How do you find the diet? :)

Thanks for your help. I have just ordered my first mixed pack so hopefully will get them Thursday. The website said I had to do the LCD at 1200 cals instead of the VLCD because my BMI is too high. Im 5` 1" and 17 stone. How I got this big Im not quite sure but I am determined to get it all back off. I would have preferred going straight into the VLCD really. How do you find the diet? :)

Not quite sure why you can't do the Total Solution? Do you have health problems?

I am just about 5 foot tall and weighed heavier than you :( and do TS.

Not sure why it prompted the LCD. I dont have any health probs. I might just do the VLCD regardless! How are you finding it. You have lost a lot, well done :)

Not sure why it prompted the LCD. I dont have any health probs. I might just do the VLCD regardless! How are you finding it. You have lost a lot, well done :)

The first few days are not easy, but then it becomes just routine.

Taking food away is very liberating!

Name the diet, and I have done it. Exante is truly the first time I have felt in control.

Onwards and downwards for 2012! :D

They told me to do that too, having had baby less than 12 weeks ago. They have a responsibility to b responsible lol. As long as u listen to Ur body u will prob b ok. Say if after the first week u still have the symptoms of light head, dizziness etc then Mayb u sud have more cals? X

I'm not one to say I know better than the people at Exante - as I am sure they had their reasons for recommending the LCD; but I was almost 17 stone when I started LL (albeit 5'6'', but there were far bigger women in my group and we all did it with total food replacement. The Lighter Life Lite programme (including a small meal) was only recommended for people with less than 3 stone to lose.

Personally, I would do the VLCD as the rest of us are (mostly)... and see how you get on. You will feel a bit rough for the first few days most likely - so plough through that, but I guess if you still feel bad in your second week maybe have a fourth pack a day to start with, then if that doesn't help - add some protein or something.

Eating even a little food each day really threw me off and I couldn't have stuck to the programme without being able to switch off from food altogether - I am like a junkie if I have even a taste of food, no matter how plain.

Listen to your body and you should be fine... 3 packs a day, regular water through the day (like a waterwheel - drip drip drip...) and you'll be dandy I would have thought.

Keep in touch! Very excited for you! :)

Spotty xx

Thanks for all your fab hints and tips. You are all doing so well which is really motivating me already. My diet packs arrived this afternoon so Im really excited at making a start either tomorrow or Monday. Im at a christening on Sunday which I had totally forgotten about but after that I have no occasions where there is food involved which makes me think Monday will be a good starting point.

Back