Exante hints & tips for Newbs!

sleepy

Hi! I'm new here & just started exante on Monday. I'm a completely new to the plan & this type of vcld, I'd really appreciate any hints/tips the more experienced of you might have i.e - I had NO idea you could have the shakes hot until I just saw a thread! What other condiments can you have? I read black pepper and salt somewhere, is that right? (see, total newb!) :eek:

I'm sure I won't be the only one starting exante in the next few days, so hopefully it will benefit others too :) Thank-you!

I couldn't live without tobasco sauce in the soups towards the end of my stint on lighterlife. I also like a bit of coffee in my ice blended choc shake. :)

Definitey agree with the herbs / spices / tabasco - particularly in the tomato soup to jazz it up a bit.
I've not found the ice works quite as well in these shakes as it did in the LighterLife ones, but still nice.
I quite like making the chocolate one up with just a little bit of water and zapping it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to make a thick gloopy chocolatey gooey sauce. (OK, I like chocolate!) I think some people then freeze it to try and make chocolate, but I'm too impatient for that.

I think my top tip though would definitely be to buy litre bottles of water with a sports cap, and keep them with you if you can. I find I drink more water that way, but just in lots of sips and I feel a lot better for it.

The other thing that has really made a difference to me with Exante is if you're craving food, then you can always do working solution for a few days or a week and add in a lean meat / low carb meal. I've found that really helpful to keep me on the straight & narrow, without derailing completely!

All the best with it, and just keep focused on what you're trying to achieve :)

you can have a few cups of bouillon hot drink to keep you going also some people have coke zero, add coffee to the shakes (not the choc)to make a nice creamy hot drink. and if your really desperate then have some protein, tuna, cheese, or chicken breast but dont make a habit only for emergencys its better than binging on anything else and still keeps you in ketosis.

Back