Exante Porridge compared to LL/Cambridge??

so are u allowed to micro the porridge then?xx

I put mine in a bowl and add water so the whole mixture is just below 200mls then mix it with a spoon til the powder is mixed in. I zap it for 70 secs stir it and zap it for 60 secs.

I love it the way it is, wouldnt want to spoil it with sweetner or nutmeg or anything :)

I love the Exante porridge, I make it the same way as Starlight does, I think it is similar to ready brek, it is sweet I wouldn't add sweetner until you have tried it.
My sister was on CD and hated the porridge and when she tried my Exante products she has changed as she prefers them.

Thanks for all the input - I've ordered the mixed pack of shakes, and bars - I don't really do the soups. It's been ages since I did Exante, and I mean years, so I thought I ought to get the mixed lot to see how it goes, but as I recall, I also hated the taste and smell of the chocolate shake and the thought that I might have to have 14 of them, but needs must! I'm on Cambridge at the moment and can't afford to do it for a little while. I only live on chocolate tetras and a bar, so I can handle the monotony, so I do wish that I could get it as reasonably for just a couple of flavours, but never mind. I have to do it at the moment as it's just cost me just over £25 a week, rather than £45 per week.

Also, I remember last time have stomach issues on Exante (not constipation, if you know what I mean!!)...anyone have the same, and did it settle down after a while? I never gave it long enough to find out!

My best investment on this diet has been a milk frother, 99p from Ikea! First time I had the porridge I just stirred it but it didn't mix very well so was a bit lumpy. I now mix with the milk frother for 15 secs in the bowl then cook as normal and it's perfect.

The milk frother is brilliant for whizzing up hot 'shakes' at work, very discrete as it just looks like hot chocolate powder so I whizz it in the cup itself.

Starlight said:
I wouldnt rush to put sweetner in til youve tried it a couple of times, I find it really sweet as it is, and this coming from someone who puts 3 sweetner in a cup of coffee lol

Me too I'd take sweetener out if I could

I too wish the porridge did not have sweetener in it however, I do like it. I mix with about 175mls water. Occasionly I add nutmeg. Even my DH who is not on the plan but doing slimfast and a main meal always has the porridge at the weekends for his first replacement of the day.

Tried this for the 1st time and all i can say is "I Love it" :¬)
I prefer this to ready break any day

I use my liquidizer/juicer to mix all exante stuff but for this it works excellent

Bars seemed to have go bigger since 6 months ago too, I wonder if the soups taste better nowdays.

Anyways GL all :¬)

Back