Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Hi! Former lighter lifer here!I'm starting this on Tuesday when I get back from a weekend in italy. Nervous but can't wait 2 get started. Want to lose 39 lbs and reach my final goal. Will join in the weekly weigh in. Good luck everyone! Hils

Phew, lots to catch up on....Hello to Sonia and Ime. Hope you are finding the plans good so far.

Sonia, i do exactly the same...i always split my shakes and soups, it really breaks up the day for me.
If you don't feel ravenous now i supect you wont at all. Day 5 normally brings you into ketosis where hunger subsides anyway. You are doing fabby!

Ime, how are you finding working solution?? I love it. Last night i roasted my veg instead of dry frying them and they were delish....had never thought of roasting them before.

Hi Kaz, welcome to the board. I think you have every chance of losing 6 stones on Exante if you opt for Total Solution, the total food replacement plan.
However if you need a low carb meal in the evening, why not opt for the Working solution, i have been doing this since week 2 and i'm so glad i did it. You should lose approx 10lb per month. Have a look at my ticker to see my losses.
I totally relate to the giving up dieting mentality...i did this too, i read a lot of self help books on the matter. Truth was, i desperately wanted to be slim and healthy for my family and no amount of fat acceptance books would convince me otherwise.
I've commited myself to totally changing my lifestyle, all the time i am learning new things about myself. I now love fresh vegetables, i love not being stuffed after every meal time. I'm beginning to love my new body that is slowly emerging. Oh and i love execise (never thought i would say that).
Good luck with your start....we are all here to support you.

Welcome Hils, You will lose that 39lb in no time. Which plan are you hoping to follow??

Thanks for replying dreaming maid, i'm so excited as I know that I will lose all the weight, really am more than anything worried about my health. I took my son to school and missed the deliver so will have to wait 48 hours to collect it from the sorting office.

How much does the working solution work out at per week please?

Thanks all.

K x

It works out at the same price. £36.75 for the promotional packs or £50 if you choose your own.
You still need 3 packs a day and then add a low carb meal, you can also have upto 1/2 pt semi skimmed milk which i add to coffee.

hi everyone.

dreaming maid - working solution is going well and I've broken a stone barrier which I'm really happy about but celebrated this morning with toast and choccy peanuts. I had my shake for lunch but I'm tired and run down atm coz the little one is teething and I still have to go to work 3 days a week so I'm toying with the idea of having quorn sausages egg and beans for tea. This will probably put me over the stone barrier again :(

Hi all the newbies and welcome to our ever growing exante board. It's lovely to have some newbies on board.

I agree with everything DM says. The working solution is fab if you want to have food and I did this for most of my time on exante (did 4 weeks on total to start with) and i am still losing now on the simple/healthy solution.

Sonia, you might find you have a hungry day, but it will soon pass and then you will feel fantastic.

This is a great diet if you need to lose a stone or ten stone. It's the discipline that I find the best. You know what to have and so you have it.

And like DM, I have also discovered the same things. I went out for dinner last week and hated feeling so full. I used to feel like that every night.

Good luck everyone!!!

Well, I've done a week on total solution. Will weigh in first thing in morning. I'm moving up a level as i just have no energy and an struggling to be mum this week. Never had that problem on avidlite when i also had a meal so hope that working solution will suit me better. I have to say that i quite like the soup but hate the shakes and bars. I'll stick with it for another week but might substitute one exante shake with an avidlite. Will see how i feel. On a positive note, my size 12 skirt is slipping down and i can get a pair of size 10 jeans on and zip them up. Might be a week or 2 before i dare sit down in them though. I was a teenager last time i was this size. Just wish the mummy apron would shrink too. Its no longer filled with eat but still needs tucking in... Ugh.

Freudian slip there. Meant say fat not eat. Must be missing food. That'll teach me not to post from my phone!

Well done on your first week JustGina. How did the weigh in go?

Whoops, didn't realise I hadn't come back on to report my wi. I lost 3.5lb this week. I've now started on WS and hope to lose around 2lb next week. If I manage that loss for the next 2 weeks that will get me into the 9s. Can't wait.

omg Sarah, you look absolutely fantastic in your siggy pics, was that a makeover day you were talking about before?:)

I am on Exante TS from now til I get into ketosis and will see how I feel from there.

I'm drinking my first shake of the day, chocolate. First impressions not good but I think it's growing on me, just hope I can keep it down!:eek:

Thanks Lyn. It was a make over day. It was great fun.

Do you know if you have the new improved chocolate shakes or the old ones? What use by date do you have on them?

I'm drinking my first shake of the day, chocolate. First impressions not good but I think it's growing on me, just hope I can keep it down!:eek:

Good luck Lyn.....it's funny I didn't like the choclate shake either....and I'm (or is that was LOL) a chocoholic.

Whoops, didn't realise I hadn't come back on to report my wi. I lost 3.5lb this week. I've now started on WS and hope to lose around 2lb next week. If I manage that loss for the next 2 weeks that will get me into the 9s. Can't wait.

Great weight loss Gina, hope you reach your targets.

hello everyone

well I have done this for over a week now and on TS.

I have lost 5lbs so far which I am really pleased with.

However I had a party to go to on Sunday and although I was really good with the food I had a few glasses of wine.

Felt like xxxx on Monday really dehrydrated so have drank lots of water and back on track. Felt quite hungry though and today on Tuesday night I had a nother milkshake taking my daily intake to 4 packs instead of the 3.

I am hoping this wont delay things in losing the weight.

I will see how it goes with regards to TS towards the end of the week and may go onto WS on my 3rd week so I feel that I am 'normal' with the family.

I had a look on the website for some recipes etc but I suppose as long as I keep the veggies and meat as per the info pack I should be fine

Although 400 cals extra is quite a lot so I am concerned I won't keep on losing weight.

I have nearly 5 weeks to lose a stone.

any advice? Do you think it will be better having 4 packs a day or going onto WS?

cheers

Sonia

Hi Sonia,
I would recommend switching to ws rather than having 4 packs. That meal with something to chew makes all the difference.
You should lose approx 10 per month on ws, but sometimes more. I think if you stick to it 100%, you will lose that stone in 5 weeks.

Hi all,
I posted last week that I was about to start on Exante then went to Italy for a few days so now have another 3lbs to lose ! Hey ho ! I started this yesterday. Hungry today but really prefer the taste of the packs to lighter life, less sweet and more 'real' flavour. Anyway, on day 2 and it's going to plan so far. I want to lose a fair bit of weight and am focussing on the next 7 weeks. Am TS at the moment but may include food at some point depending how it goes. Fingers crossed ! Hils x

Hi Sonia,
I would recommend switching to ws rather than having 4 packs. That meal with something to chew makes all the difference.
You should lose approx 10 per month on ws, but sometimes more. I think if you stick to it 100%, you will lose that stone in 5 weeks.

Hi Sonia. I agree with DM. You won't notice a huge amount of difference in losses. DM and I have both lost loads on WS and it's great. Having that food each day is a real highlight. :D

Hi all,
I posted last week that I was about to start on Exante then went to Italy for a few days so now have another 3lbs to lose ! Hey ho ! I started this yesterday. Hungry today but really prefer the taste of the packs to lighter life, less sweet and more 'real' flavour. Anyway, on day 2 and it's going to plan so far. I want to lose a fair bit of weight and am focussing on the next 7 weeks. Am TS at the moment but may include food at some point depending how it goes. Fingers crossed ! Hils x

Hi Hils. Good luck on Exante. It's a great plan and you can do it. We will all be here to support you. :D

Back