Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Hi guys :)
Wow pd thats a fab loss! I hope I get that kind of loss on Monday. Today has been good, 3rd day down and hoping I'll get into ketosis soon. I pimped the mushroom soup tonight with chilli flakes - yum :) It was my first day at work this week so I haven't drunk much water yet today (can't be running to the loo every 5 mins!) Have to make up for it this evening.
Well I hope everyone has had a good day xx

Hi all,
Bit of a struggle for me today, feeling hungry :( Hopefully it won't be much longer till ketosis kicks in, at the moment all I can think about is a juicy steak with peppercorn sauce :p Hoping the black coffee I just made will take the edge off :)

Evening guys, well day 5 under my belt and I am pleased to announce I have got into ketosis today :) Feeling good, no hunger and lots of breath fresh spray :) Hows everyone else doing?
Hope you have all had a good day xx

Tomorrow is my first weekly weigh in. Dying to see how I've done. I've been naughty and had a qourn fillet and veggies instead of my soup tonight. Feel really bad now :-( Still was less than 200 cals and 7g of carbs so hopefully not too much damage done.

Definately in ketosis, and must get myself a fresh breath spray!

hey btf, don't feel bad, you've done really well this week, focus on the 6 days you have abstained on not the one where you have eaten something (though it's so low cal and low carb that I think you'll be fine!) Can't wait to hear about you loss x

:woohoo:
Thats fantastic btf! Well done :)
:bunnydance:

Well done borntofly....well into week two of diet still feeling really hungry. Doesnt help when I have to cook for those around me. Had a bad day on friday, got very weak and wobbly, low blood sugar me thinks had to have somme choc to bring it back up. Well what to do as long as I dont put on any weight.
Well all the shakes, soups and bars are starting to taste soooo good, but I never knew I could miss chewing food so much. I am hoping to have lost at least 4lbs by my next weigh in on wednesday we can but wait and see. Chat soon...

Starting tomorrow....

Hi. I'm starting Exante tomorrow and am so pleased to find others that are on it. I was supposed to be starting LL but the LLC has messed me about with start dates and I can't afford to wait any longer as my mind is and has been ready to do this for the last 4 weeks.
I have about 4 stone to lose and have been so miderable over the last few months with all the weight I have gained I now simply have to do something about it. meal replacement appeals as I won't have to concern myself with meals, cooking, weighing etc. i know what I can have and when. I am sure it won't be easy but if I'm going to do this I need to do it know.
It's good to hear how you've all been getting on and I think this will prove to be a great source of support and inspiration for me. I'm very scared of failing as I can't bear living in this body that I've made for myself.

Julie :)

Hi Julie and welcome to the forum. Good luck with starting tomorrow, the first few days are the hardest, come on here for lots of support and drink loads of water. Tomorrow is my first weigh in so I am hoping for a good loss. There seems to be a few of us that are in the first week or 2 and a couple that have been doing it for months so any questions and someone should be able to answer :)

Hi Bluemoon. Wow what a great loss for your first week. If that's not incentive enough for me I don't know what would be.
Day One for me is going OK but feel a bit bloated as not used to drinking so much water but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

Had a banana shake so far which I didn't think was too bad although that may change when I've had more. Soup for dinner this evening but not sure which I'll try first. At least everything is new to me at the moment so that adds a bit of interest. My shoort term aim now is to get through to end of day 3. From what I read it sounds like days 3 - 5 might feel a bit rough so want to get that over with. Feeling very positive about doing this.

Julie

Hi Julie, hope your got through day 1 ok, I like the bannana shake, it makes me think of cream :) All the soups are nice but i tend to add spices to pimp them up a bit! I think my least fave is tomato and basil soup. i make mine in a saucepan as that way it doesn't go frothy, then pour it in a bowl and eat with a spoon, makes me feel like i'm eating :) Good luck with day 2, let us know how you are getting on x

Day two

Hi Bluemoon.
Got through day 1 OK but found the soup a bit odd. OK for a couple of mouthfuls but then felt a bit sick. Tonught I'll do what you do and make it in a saucepan as I think it might have been the froth that was the problem. Strawberry shake this morning which was a bit bland but OK - I can do bland!

Tomorrow is a real test for me as I have to go up to London for work (I go once a week) and so it's a long day - up at 5am and not back int he house until 9.30pm and as I know I get a bit tired and my blood sugar gets a bit low i think I'm a bit vulnerable. I've planned my day and will have a shake early before I go and will take a bar which I will cut into 3 pieces so I can have one at 10ish, one bit at luchtime and another bit about 4-5pm. I'll have a soup then when I get in. I think the trick for me will be to plan for those days.
I feel fine which is good but am sort of waiting for the couple of rough days which I hope won't start tomorrow.
Also I bought a pack of ketostix today so in a couple of days I'll do a test and see how we're doing on that front.

How are you doing? Have you found that the hunger does go?

Julie

hi all, hows everyone doing? i went out with friends last night and ended up having a drink! Big mistake on vlcd.....got very drunk very quickly :( Still it hasn't made that big an impact and i'm back on the wagon today :) At least I didn't do my usual trick of going for a kebab after :) Hope everyone is having a great day x

Please don't drink when you are in ketosis - it can be very dangerous, info below (taken from the CD board but applies just the same to us) - read it and it may well help keep you away from the booze - it certainly did me!

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!
Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.
A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.
Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol!

Last edited:
Thanks Q, I think my hangover was more than enough to stop me doing it again!

Back