exante water flavourings

scotminx

Gold Member
Hello,

Am about to place another order with exante (my OH is joining me in a few days - am so excited!) and wondered about trying their water flavourings... I know some folk don't like the CD ones, but wanted to check out some thoughts before buying the £10 variety box.

If you're doing TS and want to stay in ketosis, then use the water flavourings sparingly, as they're something like 3g carbs per teaspoon. I have them and make them up weakly with about 1l of water, just for a bit of variety to water. A lot of others buy other vlcd flavourings which are more like 0.1g carb per teaspoon.

Ok thanks Rachel. That's weird that the carbs are so high - exante don't advise to keep intake low or anything as far as I could see, whereas with the bars they do advise no more than 1 per day...

geez didnt know thier water flavoring was so high in carbs. better stop using it so much

Well, I've ordered the mixed box. If there's a limit on usage exante should be advising... I might email and ask. Will also give my thoughts on the different flavours once they arrive :D

I *think* the carb count includes fibre... something like 0.3g sugar and 2.7g fibre? That would make more sense as otherwise it would seem like exante are trying to sabotage our weightloss!
Didn't like the water flavourings much to start with, tried them with fizzy water and it made a bit of an odd combo... love them now with just normal water when I have a craving for something sweet. Agree the peach is scrum!

Well my mixed box of water flavourings have arrived and the first to be road tested was the peach... I mixed it with some sparkling water but for some reason it didn't mix very well and I was left with a few floaty lumps :( :( Is there a particular way you need to mix them?

The flavour was nice though, but I won't be mixing up anymore until I figure out how to do it right.........

I found the same thing when I tried mixing it was sparkling water... mixes absolutely fine with still water though, weird! Let me know if you find the knack to disolving it in fizzy :)

I found the same thing when I tried mixing it was sparkling water... mixes absolutely fine with still water though, weird! Let me know if you find the knack to disolving it in fizzy :)

Thanks LED - will try still water next and experiment a bit more with fizzy. Will update if I find a solution! :)

I had the same thing, and tbh I've found that if I mix it with just a little bit of water then add that to the rest, cos when I was mixing it with the fizzy water by the time I had it all mixed in the bubbles had all gone! So yeah, in short mix first vigourously with a little bit, then add to the rest of the water! Peach is defo my fav! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find them really sweet. Used the odd bit in the first week whilst withdrawing from sugar, but haven't touched them since. Prefer plain water to be honest

Back