Exante WILL help me lose 3 stone

How're you today Biz?

Hello (I'm new ;) ) - you've developed a fanclub now.
I love how you post, because it's so real and relate-able, so please don't stop posting!

Morning QB

Hope you have a good day catching up with your friend, hopefully you'll be able to find out all the details about Cath and feel better about things.

L
x

Well done on remaining low carb QB. I would have reached for a great big bar of chocolate before now so shows you have resilience.

Can the bridesmaid dresses be worked on further by someone else. It may smooth the waters out a bit.

Is your friend showing signs of improvement, hope so x

Thank you girls :) still no more word from bridezilla. She said she has nothing more to say to me. I was going to write her a message to explain the severity of caths stroke and how upset and exhausted I was when she offered the idea of getting them elsewhere, hoping that she'd understand. Boyfriend Alfie told me to leave it, he's angry with the way she's behaved and said it doesn't sound like she's going to come round. Not this soon anyway. I've decided to draw a line under it all and move on.

I had a lovely day with Hannah yesterday, we got to talk about everything and it's just reaffirmed that these people need me more right now. We made a video recording for cath to lift her spirits. She's still unable to talk, and is very confused. She's having to retrain her brain from the very basics. But she understands who people are and Han said she's still got her sense of humour and will to fight it.

Diet wise - I'm worried I'm not in ketosis. Me and Alfie took Han for lunch, there wasn't much on the menu low carb so we had cheese, mezze and chicken platters. All good but ended up being covers in breadcrumbs! It was hard to measure the carbs! We will see... Hopefully I'm ok!!!

Thank you so much for all your support! I'm back home in London now and working at the pub this afternoon so will have time to catch up on everyone else's diaries and stuff :) back on TS today, lets shift these pounds and let no one grind me down!!!! Xx

So after a nearly a week off TS I've put on 2lbs. I'm fine with that as I'm sure it's all water! Since last Friday I've eaten out loads!!! Turkish, 2 pub lunches and a nandos. And I've had a roast and a fry up! Not to mention the untold amount of booze I consumed. But all making better, low carb and low calorie choices :) only 2 pound off the target of 12.4 for Friday and I think I can get there again!!! Upping my water back to 3L today... I WILL NOT BE BEATEN!!! Xx

2lb gain is a great result considering you have been off plan for a week QB. Shows what low carbing can achieve (I should listen to my own posts lol).

You can definitely get to target by Friday so back to it :D x

Straight back on it, Biz! Very disciplined ;)

I always find when I add real food to TS, my losses slow to almost nothing, so you're right not to worry about this interim result :cool:

Crikey I gained 4lbs last week just from totm binge eating over a few days lol.
Hope your friend is getting better, a family friend of mine also had a stroke recently but thankfully she is now home. Still unbalanced mind but could have been so much worse especially as she's much older and only recovered from breast cancer last year.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now too Hun. Stick with it as you know as I do that it works. Keep thinking of them shorts lol xx

Well done on staying positive hun...2lbs isn't a lot and I agree with you that it'll be water. Keep going you can do this!!! xxx

Just catching up. Bridezilla.... Talk about a lack of empathy. Shame on her.

Thinking of your buddy and the sooner she's home the better :)

Well done on the 2lbs, that probably means you didn't actually gain anything as on VLCD you'll deplete all your glycogen. So you just added a bit of that back.

I think you've really got this Bizzle - you know when you read someone's diary and you load up the page and you just know they're going to report a great day and great PMA? That's you x

Diary

Week 4

Wednesday - Day 7

As if that's a month gone??? Crazy!! :D :D

I just wanna say Thank you so much guys. :) :) :)

Being able to rant in my diary is the main thing that's kept me going all this time!!! And now not only through the diet but through all the other bull shiz as well! I really do appreciate all the feedback and advice I get on here :) you're a great bunch :D thank you xx

I agree the 2lbs is nothing that won't be gone again, probably by tomorrow! And once that goes again I've lost a stone in a month which was my target :D wooo ! Then it's onwards and downwards and getting in to those 11 stones!!! No doubt the 2lbs is water, glycogen, whatever it is, it's not fat!! And that's the main thing. Ive upped my water loads today so hopefully I can flush it out. I've been peeing like crazy!

I've been TS 100% all day. In fact I've only had one pack! I promise I'll have two more soon! ;) Gonna have a dinner and pud before bed! Yummy!! What a TREAT to have the together! Probably just not eaten cause I've been busy and still got a lot on my mind. I'm not sure the transition back to TS Is successful due to discipline, busyness, or if I'm just in a mood! :( A friend at work said I'm not myself and was trying to make me smile which is sweet. She had some advice about caths stroke and also was really angry about this bridesmaids thing. It helps to know other people agree that it's out of order.

The bridesmaids thing itself is STILL playing on my mind, A LOT TODAY. Alfie would kill me if he found out, he doesn't think I should worry at all. He's been home all weekend trying to cheer me up about cath, drove me to Oxford to see my family, took me out for food loads and even shopping and I'm still feeling low. But now about this whole dress saga, and not even cath which was the first problem he tried to fix. I am hard work, that poor boy. I wish I had his attitude to life! I'm such a dweller!!!!

Yesterday I was doubting myself and wishing I could just go back and undo me telling her I wouldn't make the dresses. Alfie told me I shouldn't dwell on what's already done, and that it wasn't my fault and that she offered first and blah blah blah... You know the story! But today I AM feeling confident that I did the right thing. I only took her up on an offer in a time when I didn't think I was up to it. I'm just not feeling like it should just get left the way it has done.

The thing is:

Alfie said not to worry about it, I've only met them a handful of times, they're his family not mine and it's just his brother not the whole family. They are moving out of the country anyway after the wedding. He says I shouldn't say any more to her as he doesn't feel like I'm going to get the response I want and I'm only going to upset myself more when she's still angry with me...

But for me, I really feel like I should say something soon. Not even to make up, or to make myself feel better, just because her parents have paid for a room for Alfie and I, and also dinner etc. I think it would be plain rude of me if I didn't show up to the wedding without any warning. I couldn't go there if we hadn't made up, I wouldn't be able to face it, but I Also can't just not turn up on the day. It's rude to her family and rude to Alfie's brother.

I think I might just put the story to her again, explaining quite how severe the situation is and how I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Explain how I really wouldn't have suggested that I give up without her offer and without all the new pressures and heartache I was feeling. And above all just apologise for any upset this has caused. I think that's the main thing. I hope that apologising and explaining in some form (again but hopefully more detail and after she's cooled off) may diffuse the situation slightly. maybe then I can just explain how I don't want to cause any friction on the day, and offer my space at the wedding to some one else.

Anyway, that's just today's thoughts. I need to speak to Alfie again. Poor bloke, I feel bad he's stuck in the middle :/ this was on my mind all day at work, keeping the hunger at bay. Then when I got home...

Actual GOOD NEWS.

Cath is hopefully flying back to the UK on Friday :) :) :) so she'll be in a hospital near home, have her family by her side and I'll be able to go see her. She'll fly business class with two nurses. That's all I know for now but Han will tell me more tomorrow :D sooooo happy! This feels like progress. Finally.

So today has been up and down! Tomorrow is a new day. Gonna go have my packs now :) nice little treat. Xx

Last edited:
Edited

Last edited:
It's me again. Yes I am still wide awake at 2.40am and yes I do have to be up to intern. But I can't sleep!!!!! I've decided I want to have a more positive and productive day tomorrow. I feel like I haven't pushed myself in about a week, I've just been going through the motions and doing the bare minimum that I have to and even when I've had proper time off to do fun stuff I've just been worried and miserable. Tonight I got in and just got straight in to bed and started moping. I feel like I expected the diet to tire me out so I gave in before it had tired me out. Now I'm still awake! Feeling unaccomplished and anxious.

NOT TOMORROW.

I saw this image online...

image-1826857052.jpg

And it got me thinking about how many hours I have in a day and how many I'm wasting either feeling sorry for myself or just locked in my room for whatever reason. I spend 7-8 hours asleep. What the hell have I been doing the rest of the time?

Not tomorrow!!! None of this tomorrow!!! I'm gonna make a list after I intern and try to complete some positive tasks from 5pm onwards... Including the gym.

Life is too short to waste! And in reality I have a hell of a lot to do over the next month and even the next year until I graduate. Why sit here waiting for deadlines. Anything could happen to me that's beyond my control, just look at poor cath , its time to start taking control of the situations I do have control over. I'm not even saying seize the day with amazing experiences. Just do the stuff I put off and be more positive and confident! This is the plan. See you tomorrow :D

QB that sounds like a grand plan.
I used to be exactly the same a few years ago, spent a lot of time holed up in my room hiding from the world and you are right as life really is too short plus I figured we only get one chance at it!

Being married for last ten years me and hubby got stuck in a rut and I decided enough was enough. He is happy to work, come home and once kids are in bed just sit and watch TV every eve.
How many hours are wasted EVERY EVENING??
So I joined a gym and make the effort to do things in the evenings now whether that be gym, taking kids out somewhere, power walking my dog or house work ( see how that one comes last lol) either way I don't want to waste my life.

I do have a the opposite problem now though if I do just sit for an eve and watch TV and do nothing as torture myself feeling guilty that I should be doing something. Really need to get over this one!!

Have a happy positive Thursday sweet and really glad to hear your friend is on her way home soon.

Oh and I think you should reiterate your reasons on the whole bridesmaid dresses thing but I wouldn't offer your place at the wedding to someone else, regardless if they will be moving away there will always be another family occasion and you will have to face each other eventually so may as well do it sooner rather than later.
Just remember your a good person xxx

Hi QB, I just caught up o your diary. I would be the exact smae about the bridesmaid thing as well. And I like you it would be on my mind until I at least tried to make peace with the bride and get things to the point of being amicable, I really hope she's had time to think and accepts what you tell her and all ends well. But that is completely out of your control but no matter her response you have got to leave it there at that point and move on, for your own sake. I really hope it all works out for the best x

You're doing great on the diet x
How are you feeling today?

QB that sounds like a grand plan. I used to be exactly the same a few years ago, spent a lot of time holed up in my room hiding from the world and you are right as life really is too short plus I figured we only get one chance at it! Being married for last ten years me and hubby got stuck in a rut and I decided enough was enough. He is happy to work, come home and once kids are in bed just sit and watch TV every eve. How many hours are wasted EVERY EVENING?? So I joined a gym and make the effort to do things in the evenings now whether that be gym, taking kids out somewhere, power walking my dog or house work ( see how that one comes last lol) either way I don't want to waste my life. I do have a the opposite problem now though if I do just sit for an eve and watch TV and do nothing as torture myself feeling guilty that I should be doing something. Really need to get over this one!! Have a happy positive Thursday sweet and really glad to hear your friend is on her way home soon. Oh and I think you should reiterate your reasons on the whole bridesmaid dresses thing but I wouldn't offer your place at the wedding to someone else, regardless if they will be moving away there will always be another family occasion and you will have to face each other eventually so may as well do it sooner rather than later. Just remember your a good person xxx

Yeah! I'm just used to doing my uni work which is intense days from 10am-2am most days! Then I was doing work, intern, uni and bridesmaids which was too much, but I've gone from that to nothing. And I feel guilty! Same as you! I need to let myself off a bit, I've had this week for family friends and a bit of time for me. Not gonna feel guilty, just gonna take the positive news about cath and use it to move on today :)

First step after work is to write this message out to the bride. Alfie thinks it's a good idea as they've already been on at him about table places. I don't want him stuck in the middle.

Thank you SW. I think you're right about having to see her again, I'll write the message and then the balls in her court. Xx

Hi QB, I just caught up o your diary. I would be the exact smae about the bridesmaid thing as well. And I like you it would be on my mind until I at least tried to make peace with the bride and get things to the point of being amicable, I really hope she's had time to think and accepts what you tell her and all ends well. But that is completely out of your control but no matter her response you have got to leave it there at that point and move on, for your own sake. I really hope it all works out for the best x You're doing great on the diet x How are you feeling today?

I'm just such a worrier! I need closure on something or it'll play on my mind! Her response is out of my control and now I've had some time to calm down and realise I have done nothing wrong. It sounds cheesy but I've forgiven myself, I will apologise for upsetting her and stuff but I didn't actually do anything wrong!

Feeling more positive today. Had a big rant to my house mate. I feel like all I do is rant Hahahah! Thanks for your support green :) ready for a full TS day! Xx

Back