Exciting News !!

At the rusk of sounding really stupid but why couldn't they make them syn free? I make syn free soups all the time. (I hope!!! :) )

Home made soups are free but soups don't have a free food allowance unless they are home made.

SW rules. That's why if you buy a fresh soup off the shelf, with all fresh ingredients, it still has a syn value.

I know not why, it's just the rules.

Soups also do not count a free food allowance.

You could get a soup with lots of veg and beans in it but the whole lot will be synned.

Wow SW ready meals. If they were nice, reasonably priced and low syn enough I'd probably eat these once or twice per week.

By the time I've got up at 7am, driven 45 mins to work, done a full day, done an hour in the gym, 45 mins drive home, shower blah blah blah, sometimes I really could do without cooking. I love cooking but it's all I ever seem to be doing lol - it would b nice to slack off sometimes. God knows how people with kids do all that as well as sort out extra people.

I think it's a great idea for someone like me :) I feel worn out just thinking about it now.

great idea for students and beginners @ cooking who just want a quick fix! will def be excited about this, but i do hope it does not follow in the footsteps of WW food products :| x

Shirleen said:
I have a 15 hour shift today and a sleep in and 9 hour tomorrow, my bag of food was enormous! Eggs, new potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, chicken breast, bacon savoury rice, Alpen Lights!
Before SW I would have brought 2x sandwiches for the lunches, some bread for toast and a ready meal!
So depending on cost I probably would!

Mind you I could just bring a jacket pot and beans but I gave that if we have to eat out!

Im glad Im not the only one has to do 15 hour shifts sleep ins and then a day shift as well do you ever feel like you don't go home shirleen??

I think depending on price the ready meals are a great idea as if Im at work i don't fat properly and if Im at home and my husband is at work i can never be bothered to cook just for me!!

Some how I missed this thread and only found it whilst looking for Circes last post.

It is a really interesting thread.

I think I am one of the ones who would keep a couple in for when I am to tired to cook.

Also, I am in the cooking from scratch camp but would welcome something to make busy days easier.

I'm also watching this thread but I can't find anything on the web about it.

I would definitely buy them if they were available.

Has anyone got any more news on these or seen them in the supermarkets??

i've heard absolutely nothing about it.....either via my C or on the official pages.

They used to have those John West tunafish-and-sauce mixes didn't they? They were vile. Lets hope the meal-maker is a good one!

Ye Gads, just noticed someone has resurrected this thread from donkeys ago. I wish people would stop doing that! Raaarh!

Ye Gads, just noticed someone has resurrected this thread from donkeys ago. I wish people would stop doing that! Raaarh!

I think this is to be expected when we tell people to 'do a search' I did one once and the thread was years old!

It's comments like these which put me off coming onto forums :cry:

Awww, don't let it put you off - I doubt very much Vix meant anything by it!!

Sometimes people offer advice on threads which are ancient if they get resurrected - however, this rumour is still ongoing!

:DKeep Posting:D

Back