Exciting times ahead!

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
This is completely O/T but my husband and I lodged our application for our Visa for emigrating to Australia today :D

We have been going through the process since August last year and have a Migration Agent and it finally seems as if it's actually getting somewhere! I can't wait to give our baby daughter (currently 16 months) a better life out there :D

I bet you are really excited. I have a uncle-in-law who lives in Brisbane... have yet to visit but planning on it one day. He keeps saying to us to make the move... I want to someday. GOOD LUCK and I hope it all goes to plan.

Wow - fab news!!! good luck with moving things along!!! its like those telly shows - a place in the sun :D xx

Wooo :) bet you're very excited! Good luck with it all. I bet the time flies & you'll be there in no time!!! xx

To think, you'll get a decent summer every year! Good luck!

Thanks everyone :) We have been told it will probably be 2 years before we're out there but that's fine, we may even be able to have another baby here before we go :p

Fantastic news! We're also looking to emigrate but no-one is able to do anything at the moment after the Oz Government stopped all visa applications from the 8th May, so you got in just in time! I may be PMing you in the future for advice!!

Well done xxx

Hi DD,

Yeah our Migration Agent called us on Friday to say is it ok for them to lodge our application there and then as they shut down the system to new applications until 1st July, when the system re-opens they don't think hubby's job will no longer be on the list (we are going out as Subclass 176 Family Sponsored Skills Visa) as my MIL and all of hubby's family are out there (although he's British) so we literally got in by the skin of our teeth!

Feel free to pm me, I have a blog which I have documented the whole process which we have gone through so far if you wanted to have a look through?

:)

Back