Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Good for you, Sara. Sometimes that's just the thing to kick the colds and flu. Hope you feel better this weekend Cxx

gym done

Cycle 1 and exercises done. And I did a mini cycle yesterday evening - only 4.5 miles but up a big hill!

Great work team cxx

Wow, lorlypop! You should be very proud of yourself!

Well done Sara and Dukanista on all your cycling! Are you noticing a difference in your body shape? My thighs are my biggest problem and I think cycling would be a good way to tackle them! Excuses excuses but I missed the cycling proficiency classes at school and I'm a bit scared of cycling on the roads around London..

Thank you - I didn't really know what to do after the 30 days was up.... So I started back at the beginning again! Day 2 down, another 28 to go!

Yay, cycle 3 plus exercises done, with a day to spare - but I'm working at home tomorrow, so will do some walking instead.

Nice, another Londoner! We have to do a dukan meetup here soon: Sara, joodle, china, lorly... I know there are more of you around.

Yes, definitely a change in body shape. OH told me my bum had shrunk :) cycling does add muscle, though, and some people may find that their legs seem bigger, but I think it's great all over exercise, saves money, and is energy efficient... I was terrified of cycling in the city when I arrived, but I signed up for free cycle training lessons from the council. Had an amazing instructor who picked me up at my house every Saturday for 6 weeks, and now I am way more confident.

Good work on the shredding!

Right, what's this exercise thread all about then? And can anyone join??

Join away Joodle! It's for anyone who would like to set themselves an exercise goal, to be held accountable to it on this thread... The aim is to keep it up until Christmas "so we can stuff ourselves like turkeys" (I like this metaphor) :) that's if you have time in your very very busy schedule right now though, and amongst all that cabbage! (Pfffrt!) ;-)

Ha! Ok, so what do I do? Set my weekly goals or longer ones?

Manic week so just popping it to say I've done 2 cycles already, and I'm up to 60 squats! May leave the last one till Friday.

Jude, it's up to you, really. We're mostly setting weekly goals e.g. for me, cycling to work (25km there and back) 3 times a week, plus trying to fit in exercises like squats and crunches a few mornings. Then there is the longer goal of seeing if we can do it till Christmas rolls around.

I enjoy having a short term target that stops me from making excuses, so taking it week by week works well.

Cx

Ps you get a 'warm up' week :)

Hahaha, love it!

Ok, I'm going to have a think. I do a fair bit of exercise anyway so I guess I should make it all a bit more of a challenge.....

Liking the idea of morning squats and lunges (that sounds wrong) so I'll see what I can come up with!

Jx

Yay, third cycle done, even though I was tempted to skip today because of the weather. But I persisted and it turned out to be a gorgeous day! Happy weekend, girls cxx

Nice work Caro!

Am still contemplating my goals but for the record I walked to and from work yesterday (6 miles total) then a 42 min run today.

Think I need to add in some resistance training as I've unavoidably missed my usual Wednesday morning body pump class the last few weeks. Anyone got any suggestions for some decent, free, online video workouts? Jx

I cycled yesterday but had a small accident - stupid woman with pram stepped out into cycle track (dual cycling/ pedestrian path, so share the road!!), forcing me onto grassy verge which was super slippery, at which point I skidded and fell onto the tar. Bruises and grazes only, but I didn't really feel like cycling today.

Still time to make my weekly target, though!

PS china, hope you're having a great holiday, but come back soon!!!

Cx

Yikes Caro! That's what scares me about biking in London...that and the fact I can't really ride a bike... Hope you're not too shaken.

Ok, so I set my exercise goals this week but forgot to write the up. They are:

1. Walk either to or from work (3 miles) 5 times a week.

2. Run for a total of 80 mins a week (ideally 2 x 40 min runs)

3. 2 x resistance training sessions a week of minimum 30 mins

This week I have done 4 of the walks (2 on Monday, one on Tuesday and one today) and a one hour body pump class (yesterday). Missed last 3 classes and am in agony already!

Usually run at the weekend so will hopefully fit that in, although I have a cousin from Oz over to stay from tomorrow so may not be possible. And I now don't think I'll get my second resistance session in, oh dear.

Wow, noodle, that's ambitious! Feeling a bit of a wuss with my 3 cycles, but I guess it is 6 hours in total - more if I get lost :)

Feeling ok thanks, j. Best thing to do is jump right on again, I guess, before you get nervous. And bruises aside, it's better to have a minor accident which reminds you to be more careful, than get too confident and have a serious one. This was on the river path so no cars involved at least.

Managed my 3 cycles this week but no morning exercises. Will have to sort that out next week! And I took my bike for a much needed service too.

Happy weekend, lovelies! Cx

Back