Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Well I'm only doing 5 hours of walking to your 6 of cycling! And it's not a competition...

So I managed my 5th walk to work on Friday and even avoided the rain. Got another long walk in yesterday as my cousin and I walked for about 80 mins to get to the station yesterday plus another 45 mins or so in the afternoon.

Got up later than planned on Sat so could only squeeze in a 20 minute run which meant I had to run an hour in the pouring rain today to meet my 80 min running target! Ugh, it was really grim but you know, I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't set myself those targets so that's a good thing.

So this week I've hit my running target, gone over my walking target and missed my second strength training workout, boo. Knew that would be the real challenge as it's the one thing that doesn't currently fit into my week, so am going to make sure I do it next week.

Mind you, am still aching from Wednesday's body pump class so not all bad!

Next week's targets are the same.

Did two of my 3 mile walks today - like getting two of the five out of the way on Monday, makes the whole week seem manageable!

How's everyone else doing out there?

Jx

I so want to do some exercise but chest is still too bad & wheezy. Hoping to be back to normal by the weekend.
Joodle you're amazing.

Definitely take it easy CB - getting back to exercise too soon will not help.

What you got planned for the weekend?

Jx

3rd walk of the week done (well, had to half run it cos was late for a 9am meeting, oops) and walked half the way home but that doesn't really count. Body pump tomorrow...so I should really be in bed by now. Hmmm.

Body pump done - just have to make sure I do an extra 30 mins of resistance at some point...

4th walk of the week was yesterday and hang on, walked in to work today so I've done 5 already, cool. Hopefully will manage to walk in tomorrow too so that'll be 6 this week.

Right, where did everyone else go? Is it raining everywhere or something?

China's back! Woohoo! How was the holiday, Suzy q? Sssh, wrong thread, I'll catch up with your diary later :)

Well done you lot, especially ms superfit joodlebob!

I don't have much to report but have made it through another week of 3 cycles. Going home in the dark is not so much fun, though, although I'm loving the clear, chilly mornings! squats, crunches and other exercises out the window the last 2 weeks, I'm afraid... Will have to make a plan next week.

Right, some shut-eye for me. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy whatever workouts you've got planned!

Cx

baby steps in the gym today, did 1 hour on treadmill at 5.9kph then a 20 min swim. I'm so happy to feel nearly normal today. weights tomorrow. Luckily while I was on hols my son & DIL made me go to the gym with them nearly everyday so the damage could have been a lot worse, so thank you child even though I moaned at the time.

45 mins treadmill then gym workout

total body workout
am I alone?

40 mins treadmill, powerplate!!!

yoga!

I'm here, I'm here!

No exercise at all last week - combo of bad weather, events after work and just too much to do! And since I haven't been eating well either, I can already feel all my good work slipping away, so now comes the test: can I get back on track before things get too far? YES!! (she says confidently).

Cycled in today - a bit of cross country work with all the storm damage in London - but it was really good to be 'back in the saddle' :)

And 30 squats. Really need to keep that up too,even though they don't sound very nice :)

Might not get 3 cycles in since I do have some events after work, but since I won't be drinking, and it's dark even if I don't stay late, there's no excuse really.

Joooooodlebob??

gym done!!

Ooh I hate squats!! Well done for braving the bike in the storm! Today I finished my sixtieth day of the 30 day shred, yippee! Now what?!?

Thanks lorly! And great work Suzy!

Cycle 2 done today. That's it for the week, but the whole weekend will be carrying boxes and furniture, so I think that will make up for it.

Cx

hot yoga

Back