Exercise Motivation

Oh lou sorry to hear that hun, i put my back out a few weeks ago and was in so much pain, my syatica plays up so badly at times and I cant exercise when its like that. Ok so this is my first post in this thread, last night i did 1.5 miles of walking and this morning i did 1.5 miles of walking. x

is that to and from the station? how long does it take you? i might start, traffic is so bad now, it might even be faster ;)

it was agony, my god, such agony. i woke up at 4am and couldn't even lift my head or arms without crying! but i took dicloflex and 2 ibruprofen (which the doc told me this morning is a VERY bad/dangerous mix! doh!) which knocked me out so that's good! haha! poor andy had to administer the drugs because i couldn't lift my head! drink with a straw laying horizontally, not easy!

I need to start toning up so i am going to start walking and i have the wii fit and the davina power of 3 dvd at home waiting. I will try and do some walking every evening, as well a bit of wii fit or my dvd.

No Lou thats just from Mum and Dads, from my house its just over 3 miles to the station, i did it monday morning and it took me 47 minutes, which is good beacause it used to take me 1hr 10 mins x

that's not bad. i might do that more now it's light and warm!

yeah i do power of three and it is really effectivefor toning up :)

I need to start toning up so i am going to start walking and i have the wii fit and the davina power of 3 dvd at home waiting. I will try and do some walking every evening, as well a bit of wii fit or my dvd.

Lou, I hope you get better soon. I always worry about injury during exercise as I've got a bad back and I've had problems with my right knee. However, so far exercise has really helped with my problems.

This week, despite doing the most exercise I have ever done, I have only lost half a pound. I've been exercising for two months now and jogging for over two weeks so I was hoping my body was used to it by now. But I am going to keep at it.

I've done 30 minutes upper body workout this morning and soon I'll do another 30 minute cardio workout on the Wii.

Lou, I hope you get better soon. I always worry about injury during exercise as I've got a bad back and I've had problems with my right knee. However, so far exercise has really helped with my problems.

thank you! i'm not sure even if it was bootcamp, because it 'pinged' yesterday when i was looking over my shoulder at train times!! typical! hoisting a kettle bell over my head for an hour, no probs, checking out train platforms, back disaster!

Realised I haven't posted since Monday 12th April. But I haven't just been sitting around - oh no!
Didn't do anything on Tuesday 13th April but (wait for it)
Wednesday 14th April - Salsacise in the morning AND Cardio Combat in the evening.
Nothing on the 15th, 16th & 17th due to work commitments :(
More tree felling on the 18th. Ouch! Too stiff on the 19th :D
Tuesday 20th April Bought a new (French) step video and did the first workout
Wednesday 21st April Did the second French - advanced- step workout. If OH home in time this evening, we may also do Cardio Combat. Watch this space

Wednesday 21st April Did the second French - advanced- step workout. If OH home in time this evening, we may also do Cardio Combat. Watch this space

Well, we didn't do Cardio Combat, so just the one session.
Thursday 22nd April Davina 30 minute workout

That's it now for a few days as off to the UK for the weekend. Maybe a bit of walking while we're there but don't intend to be fully on plan as too many food distractions that I don't normally have access to (Yorkshire fish & chips, Chinese buffet etc.)

I'm going along to a beginners session with a local roller derby team tomorrow. I'm sure flinging myself around on rollerskates whilst trying to learn a full contact sport will be fun *gulp* More interesting than the usual gym sessions anyway - I'm hoping I can take it up as a hobby. I like excercising but I've looking for a team sport for ages, hopefully this can be it :)

After a fabulous day of pampering at Eden Day Spa yesterday and eating a million syns there I've just been out for a jog and did 5km. I've only run 3.5km before and I could tell my body knew it was having to work for longer than normal. However, I kept up my pace and felt really great afterwards. I'm really pleased that I can now do 5k. I'll have to look for a race to enter now.

Back