Exercise & SS

lauren-1986

Feeling Motivated
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is repeating an earlier thread at all! I am going to the gym after work each night & doing 30 -45 mins exercise (x-trainer or bike) I was wondering if there is a safe amount of exercise to do or if I'm overdoing it? My CDC said if I feel faint then I should move to SS+ but I want to carry on with SS for as long as possible. I'm on my 4th week and have lost 17lbs so far so want that little extra boost to get to the 2stone mark!!

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Lauren

Xx

Your CDC has given you good advice... if You're doing a lot of exercise you may need the extra calories to be able to give it your all.
Listen to your body it will tell you what you need. Also moving to Ss+ if you're doing a lot of activity won't affect your weight loss as you will be burning all the extra calories!

I feel okay at the moment, I don't want to push myself too hard though as don't want to faint (have done that too many times before- not when exercising and it's highly embarrassing! He he) and I also don't want to feel tired/ have no energy so I guess I will see how it goes!

Thanks for the reply!

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is repeating an earlier thread at all! I am going to the gym after work each night & doing 30 -45 mins exercise (x-trainer or bike) I was wondering if there is a safe amount of exercise to do or if I'm overdoing it? My CDC said if I feel faint then I should move to SS+ but I want to carry on with SS for as long as possible. I'm on my 4th week and have lost 17lbs so far so want that little extra boost to get to the 2stone mark!!

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Lauren

Xx

Hi Lauren, I am only just into my second week and have managed to exercise everyday BUT i have been supplementing with a protein shake and i have definitely felt the lack of energy on days when i've done something more energetic like zumba class.

According to my CDC i shouldnt really be exercising at this stage on such low cals, although the CD book does have a chart in it to advise you of whats acceptable depending on your diet plan and usual levels of activity.

The main thing is to stay away from any strength/ resistance training as i was told that you can damage your muscles as the CD doesnt provide enough nutrients to feed your muscles and allow them to repair after a workout whilst on the lower calorie plans.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Lauren, I am only just into my second week and have managed to exercise everyday BUT i have been supplementing with a protein shake and i have definitely felt the lack of energy on days when i've done something more energetic like zumba class.

According to my CDC i shouldnt really be exercising at this stage on such low cals, although the CD book does have a chart in it to advise you of whats acceptable depending on your diet plan and usual levels of activity.

The main thing is to stay away from any strength/ resistance training as i was told that you can damage your muscles as the CD doesnt provide enough nutrients to feed your muscles and allow them to repair after a workout whilst on the lower calorie plans.

Hope this helps :)

So light aerobic training is fine , e.g walking and jogging on a treadmill and wii fit for now?

So light aerobic training is fine , e.g walking and jogging on a treadmill and wii fit for now?

Yes from what i can gather.

The official advice according to the CD handbook (p.26) is that they do not recommend anything beyond walking in the first couple of weeks to allow your body time to adjust.

They also advise against starting a strenuous exercise programme at the same time as commencing CD.

And if you are already regularly active, you may need to moderate it for the first couple of weeks.

Beyond 2 weeks "gentle to moderate intensity exercise can be undertaken whilst on step 1, providing it is approached with caution and not done with excess."

I've been doing military fitness classes but find it impossible on ss, so as I want to get the exercise going I've moved to ss+. Not effected the weightless at all and hoping the exercise will shift the pounds quicker!:) x

During the first 2 weeks your body is changing the supply of energy it is burning. This why headaches, fainting etc can be possible. Take exercise at a pace that you know you are feeling fine, everyone's minimum is different! You MUST be very aware of your body and it's needs. If you feel faint. Sit down, drink, rest then go home. You will gradually feel better and able, over the weeks, to increase your exercise. My max has been 6 mile runs on ss but I could feel that I needed more energy to burn at this point and had 2 weeks of not loosing any weight. Moved to 810 and lost 8lb that next week!

Take each workout at face value, always be constantly aware of how you feel!

Back