Exercise With A Bad Back?

MissUno

World Class Oddball
Hey, I'm wanting to start working out again, to boost my weight loss, I'm determined to fit back into my size 12's by July.

Problem is, I am suffering a lot of lower back pain these days. I was wondering if anybody knows of decent fat burning exercises I could do that would not make the back pain worse, or maybe even help get rid of it?

I'm also looking for a gym buddy in the Plymouth area of the UK, if anybody here lives around these parts, and would like to go to the gym a couple of times a week with me, please do get in touch. :character00116:

ouch, i know that pain. i bruised all my lower back, barely able to walk and in agony, had to do a annual fitness challenge (body attack, circuits and 3 mile run) the next day. if it wasnt for charity id have backed out, but all the way through i wanted to scream out in pain, i couldnt go to lie down due to the bad bruising so had to sorta lie down very awkwardly. the run afterwars was even worse, so i walked it, every step was hurting more and more.

so yeah, you can do it but its better to rest it first

I feel for you Gina, but well done for going ahead with it and doing something for charity, that's dedication for ya!

Thanks for the swimming recommendation Annie, I will find somewhere I can go swimming. The gym I've joined but yet to go to doesn't have a pool (cheap membership though so meh) Would perhaps doing some core training help it I wonder, will have to ask when I manage to actually go haha.

I have a really bad back but I find getting on the exercise bike isn't soo bad... :)

my husband has spinal damage but has strengthened the muscles in his stomach and in turn his back, he still has bad days but its much better than it was.

i have arthritis in my spine and do crunches and other exercises on the bed so as not to aggravate my back.

Back