exercise

xolp1992

I'm fairly new to exante (day 7) and was told by a few of you not to over exert myself on the exercise from at the beginning as it becomes counter productive.

Just wanted to know at what point have you guys introduced exercise to aid the weight loss, and if so what methods have you found most effective....

I'm 6.5lbs down on my 3st goal for september

thanks!! x

Hi I've just started the Exante diet today it does say on the packet try do 20 mins a day to aid the weightloss, for me I'm going to do the 30 day shred DVD alongside. I've just had my first meal the porridge oats, which I have found overly sweet, I'm having to drinks lots of water to wash the taste out :(

I've been on Exante for almost six weeks, and introduced daily planned exercise in week 5 (using a rowing machine, because apparently it exercises 84% of your muscle groups without putting weight on the joints) - although nothing too excessive, because I'm not very fit and I am also very lazy! Just a small number of minutes without fail every day, which I plan to build up gently and gradually over the months and years ahead.

A book I have been reading suggests that you need to add spontaneous exercise to your life as well as planned exercise, and I have been doing that since early in week 2. In order to build more movement into my sedentary existence I decided I neded to add lots of tiny bits of exercise throughout the day. So I made changes such as always going to a different floor to go to the loo (introducing lots of stairs, because the 2-litre water consumption guideline means I need to go to the loo a lot!), or making sure that I put something away as soon as I think of it instead of waiting until I happen to be going in that direction, or parking a bit further way from where I need to go and walking the extra distance, or going for an outing at the weekend which involves a bit of walking. Tiny changes, but it means I'm moving about much more often, which can't be bad.

For me, a formal exercise program is never going to be successful in the long term because I simply don't much like exercise. I'm getting old now, so I can say that I know from experience that this is true for me. However keen I am at the beginning of an exercise campaign, I will invariably have given up completely within six weeks. So my approach this time is to build lots of less challenging opportunities for movement into my life, so that I have no excuse for giving them up and will have to continue with them. The only formal exercise I'm planning is to use the rowing machine, but I am deliberately keeping that unadventurous - my target is just a minimum of five minutes a day, at a leisurely pace, and only doing more if I feel like it. I hope that I will be able to keep this up for longer than my previous temporary flirtations with every exercise programme ever discovered!

I started in week 2 and never found any problems with energy levels etc? I just add some protein if I feel like I need something extra that day x

Thanks! Well i've got the 30 day shred DVD so i may just stick to level one for a while to help things get along.

I started in Wk2 as well, but only 30 mins a day and first thing in the morning when I have most energy. Some days I feel tired, but gym workout tired not diet tired. Someone just leant me 'Insanity' is that similar to 30 day shred? Looks crazy to me!!!

I've seen the advertisements of insanity but never actually tried it. The 30 day shred is good it's a 20 mins workout with different levels. It's non stop exercising for 20 mins, level 1 is really hard haven't even watched the other levels yet! Best bit is that it's only a fiva aswell x

Hello! I am new to the diet and forum!
I am on day 4, was thinking of going to the gym tomorrow as haven't been all week, bit worried that it will make me really hungry, although I will take it easy.
Usually do a 1hr BOKWA class on Sunday, but think I might be biting off more than I can chew at this stage?;)
I also would like to shed 3 stone. But my initial goal is to get into 'fat' BMI and out of obese +30 which would be lovely!

I have run for 3 years nearly and have continued to run since starting Exante. I am really careful about how many miles I do during a session. If I am doing more than 3 miles I add a little extra carbs into my diet. But less than that I find it ok....but do have loads of fluid

i started going for short runs about 15-20mins or so at the start of my week 2, i didn't feel tierd/weak during the runs but certainly noticed that after i could just fall asleep for a few hours as my energy was low, which i don't mind too much on my days off but i think when i'm at work i'll run in the morning when i get back so i have the rest of the day to sleep/rest

Smidge iv got Insanity it looks crazy!! Not sure if anyone on this diet could do it, think it would be far too much cardio and extreme when on this??

I am in week 6 and have decided to go swimming twice a week from now on, good all round exercise. I don't want to do too much now as I think it is key to maintaining after diet is finished. I did CD 6 years ago lost 7 stone and kept it off for 4 years by going to the gym and making good food choices, I have put on 4st in the past 2 years as I stopped going and fell back in to old ways.

I found exercise very very difficult the last time I did a VLCD, think I left it too late or something, but this time I started to walk/jog the day I started Exante and have built it up over the last two weeks gradually, so that it's now definitely a jog/walk instead (people who do it will know the difference, LOL!!)

Did 6 miles this morning with half a shake before and half after (and absolutely Shrimp, buckets of water!) and had no problems at all. I have a half-marathon charity run (which I will probably walk a lot of!) in September but I'm feeling confident I'll be able to do it now - I was afraid the VLCD would have knocked me out of it. Plus being two stone lighter has got to help!

What have you all been doing this morning? Any other jog/walkers???

Did the same six miles this morning but now all jogging with no walking at all. Pleased as punch. :D :D :D

Plus I snuck on the scales a day early and it's looking like goodbye forever to another horrible blobby 2lbs of fat! :D :D :D

Hi Waterworks,

I'm finding my jogging is getting easier with less weight and not wanting to stop all the time, i did push myself a bit more this morning and about 3pm i was finding myself feeling a bit dizzy and feeling like i'm a bit drunk when walking any ideas.:confused:

Regards,

Maybe a dip in blood sugar (but you should be well established in ketosis after a month) or low blood pressure? I'd assume you're not getting dehydrated or anything if you're drinking your water. FWIW I split my shakes and have half before and half after exercise, plus I drink ribena one for potassium and add extra salt to my soup at lunchtime for sodium on any very sweaty days (sorry, ew for you). But there is absolutely no precedent for this and I'm not advising you to do the same - it's just a notion I have and so far I've been really well. Last time I did a VLCD 3 years ago I couldn't run at all for weeks - felt totally sick after even a couple of miles. Good luck, it's fab to be able for it, isn't it? :)

Thanks for the reply waterworks, i think i was drinking enough water but last week i was eating more only protein mind you, but i was concerned how many grams i was getting 100g - 120 on some days. I weighed in today only lost 1 1/4 pounds but moving in the right direction, so that must of been my extra food i munched on. I only have 1 week of exante left so after that i will be putting what iv'e learnt about food to the test, trying to keep my carbs at about 50 grams and keep in ketosis. I hope to lose 3lbs this week that will put me in the overweight category on my bmi, haven't been there for a while so thats my next goal.

Hope your journey is still going well,:)

Going great UK - I lost another pound since yesterday, so that's three for the week. If I can do that every week for the next two months I'll be well pleased. Hope you get a big whoosh for your last week then it's back to proper food for you! That'll be me in no time. :)

Back